Help me defend Noah's Flood

Bifford

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 04:40 am
Hello there!

I have recently got into Christian apologetics after moving to a big city for my new job. Boy, does everybody have an opinion here! There are quite a few atheists in my community, though most are Christian (or say they are). However, even the Christians question the truth of the Bible, and I frequently have to defend myself from philosophical attacks. I was hoping you could help me come up with rebuttals to some of their arguments.

Here, for example, is an argument a colleague presented to me the other day to refute the story of Noah and the Great Flood. He argues that the Flood can't be true because there are no kangaroos in Turkey. He argues that if the Ark landed on Mount Ararat in Turkey and unloaded its cargo of animals, there should be a population of kangaroos native to Turkey, because there should have been a pair of kangaroos on the Ark. He says that that pair of kangaroos couldn't have traveled all the way to Australia from Turkey; they would have starved to death or something. I told him that God might have helped them along, but he accused me of "plugging a hole with more miracles". I don't know what to say to him now. If I say he is being deluded by humanist scientists he gets mad at me. How can I respond?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,327 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 06:08 am
@Bifford,
don't respond at all. your beliefs don't need validation if you have conviction. The only reason this matters to you is you're uncertain and need validation externally.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 06:26 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 07:42 am
Wait a miuute--i've already responded to this nonsense, but now my response is gone. What happened? He didn't like the responses so he deleted the thread and started over? He complained to the monitors? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Setanta

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 07:46 am
OK, i found the other thread. Apparently, he didn't like the answers, so he just started over.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 07:48 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, rotten **** in Denmark notwithstanding, seems somebody started a second thread with the same title. Not sure why. Maybe they didn't like the respoonses they got in the first one.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 08:21 am
@FBM,
The Danes defended Noah's flood pretty well .... wait, it's all Dutch, Dutch dykes, Dutch soused herrings meisjes, Dutch windmills, Dutch Genever ...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 09:56 am
@Bifford,
You can have as many responses as you want, but you can't get over the fact that all of the scientific evidence proves that Noah's Arc, as described in The Bible, did not happen.

You could waste your time trying to win pointless arguments, or you could find out the truth.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 10:00 am
http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/006_viz205_jelical.jpg
contrex

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 12:31 pm
@izzythepush,
I want to see the rest of it now!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 04:07 pm
@contrex,
Everything you need is here.