Does anyone have any advice about going back to college?

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:51 am
@ehBeth,
I didn't say ANYTHING about my fiscal situation- Jack made stupid assumptions about it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
There are 5 basic types of funding you can apply for - grants, fellowships, scholarships and awards, the money you can win in competitions and contests. I am looking into all 5 types.

I am looking into funding for Christian, African-American and Jewish writers and artists. People told me I can look into funding for Jewish Americans since my last name is Jewish. I am going to look into funding for Native Americans since I am part Native American.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 09:09 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

am going to look into funding for Native Americans since I am part Native American.

Do you have a Native American name? If not, may I suggest 'Talking Bollocks.'
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:

I am looking into funding for Christian, African-American and Jewish writers and artists. People told me I can look into funding for Jewish Americans since my last name is Jewish. I am going to look into funding for Native Americans since I am part Native American.

Ethics apparently doesn't enter into your religion.

You are willing to be deceitful and lie just to get a handout. You know quite well you are not Jewish, not by birth (your mother is not Jewish) nor by your religious beliefs.

Can you verify your Native American heritage? Was at least one of your grandparents a full blooded Native American?

Do you really have the gall to claim to be an African-American, Caucasian, Christian, Native American, Jew? Rolling Eyes

Try paying back your student loans before you look for more handouts.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:20 pm
@JGoldman10,
Isn't this what I just said gripes me? 1 type - "Money you can win in competitions and contests" that is your right, and only your right in my opinion.

Failing that? You work like the rest of us, save like the rest of us, and pay for a course to further yourself, like the rest of us....

Sigh...JG...The Lord givith and the Lord taketh away... Don't think he likes users after all man always worked and women always worked for man so he could continue working, glad that's not the same anymore by the way, I like the equality of today...

Work.....
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:21 pm
@ehBeth,
And so I repeated it, in a different way, but I know I'm hitting my head:)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Get a job.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:28 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Get a job.

He says he has one, though I suspect that it is of the 15 hour a week McD's variety.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:25 pm
@Butrflynet,
I DO NOT KNOW if you are a woman of God or not- you never stated if you were. CHRISTIANS are supposed to EDIFY AND HELP AND PRAY FOR EACH OTHER, NOT TRYING TO ATTACK AND TEAR EACH OTHER DOWN.
firefly

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 04:30 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
CHRISTIANS are supposed to EDIFY AND HELP AND PRAY FOR EACH OTHER

People are trying to edify you--by suggesting you get a job, and save money, so you can pay back your student loans and go back to school.

People are trying to edify you by suggesting you take the needed steps, and hard work, that is realistically necessary to achieve goals in the real world. If you really want to accomplish something you cannot rely on someone else paving the way for you--with a grant, or scholarship, or hand-out of any sort.
You've already gotten one college degree, and what have you accomplished with it? Why should anyone want to fund your way for another degree when there are so many deserving students who haven't had a chance to get their first degree? If you don't care enough to work, and save the money, to go back to school, then you don't want that second degree very badly.

People are trying to edify you by suggesting you get help--psychiatric help. The main obstacle you have in accomplishing anything is your psychiatric problems. You live in a fantasy world that borders on the delusional. Get yourself some help so you can function in the real world and actually enjoy your life.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:31 pm
@Butrflynet,
It is WRITTEN:

John 8:7 - LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Matthew 7:1 - JUDGE NOT LEST YOU BE JUDGED.

Don't be so CONCERNED with my quirks - you have PLENTY of your OWN. What I do on other sites IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:36 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
. Get yourself some help so you can function in the real world and actually enjoy your life.

This extreme optimism is out of character for you....JGOLDBRICK10 is a lost cause, but he is fun to play with for now. The day the delusion breaks and he realizes that he wasted his life watch out though.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:44 pm
If there was a way I could KEEP certain people from looking at what I do or did on other sites I WOULD USE IT.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

If there was a way I could KEEP certain people from looking at what I do or did on other sites I WOULD USE IT.

Being watched by people who are on to you is certainly a drag.....it makes your willful ignorance more difficult to carry off doesn't it..
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
What do you mean, "ON TO ME?" I am MINDING MY BUSINESS AND BEING MYSELF.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

there is, create a new identity, and change your style of posting

ask your questions, take or don't take the advice, stop preaching to folks, you are your own worst enemy
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:57 pm
@djjd62,
No - don't tell me what to do. I didn't ask you. I am not going through all that. I will PREACH if I am LED TO.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 03:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
Have you ever thought of posing as a drunken, Australian, libertine nun?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 03:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I mean a FEATURE I could put what I put on sites to keep people from looking at what did or didn't do.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 03:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
One sure fire way is to write everything on a bit of paper instead of posting on line. You could try a paper facebook like Angelos.

0 Replies