Does anyone have any advice about going back to college?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 04:01 am
One thing I can do to try to relate to my new peers is talk about what I aspired to do when I was their age.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 06:30 am
I learned that there is more to college than getting an education.
You HAVE to treat it like it's a job - you are going there to learn a trade and hopefully get a job working in your field.
I intend on interning when I go back to school.
Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 09:44 am
@JGoldman10,
There are some colleges that cater to older adults - usually though they are for advanced degrees - many of these also have on-line classes like University of Arizona - maybe if you tried some these it may fit you better.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 09:46 am
@JGoldman10,
Also - if you are truly interested - you should be able to speak with either an admissions counselor or a career counselor that could guide you in fitting in and on potential internships.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 01:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
Great thread Jason, I particularly liked the bit where you said you didn't have anger issues anymore, and then you started shouting. Have you thought of drawing at least one comic before you go back? You want something to show for 7 years.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 01:29 pm
@Linkat,
The only prerequisite for internships and apprenticeships is that you have to be a student - correct?
Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 02:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
You would have to check with the school - I know when I was attending college at my particular university you needed to be in at least your junior year and have a certain GPA. Now another university I know of has a work study program as part of their normal curriculim. (sp?). I believe it depends on what the school/college/university offers.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 08:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
do YOU have any specific advise about going back to school and fitting in?

Yes get condoms and plenty of them! trust me!
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:33 am
@jcboy,
I AM SAVING MYSELF FOR MARRIAGE- NOT INTERESTED. I will be sure to give people, including gays, tracks about Jesus and witness to them about getting Saved.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:37 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I will be sure to give people, including gays, tracks about Jesus and witness to them about getting Saved.

What sorts of tracks? Do you have special Jesus tyres or soles, or is it Christian rock? Those are two words that should never go together.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Pamphlets about getting Saved.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:54 pm
When I go back to school I want to make sure I make CHRISTIAN friends and join up with CHRISTIAN groups around campus.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 09:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

When I go back to school I want to make sure I make CHRISTIAN friends and join up with CHRISTIAN groups around campus.
are you aware that there are christian colleges?
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 10:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am going back to school for ILLUSTRATION/CARTOONING. Christian colleges don't necessarily offer the art courses I am looking for. There are local colleges in my area - they don't offer the art courses I am looking for.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 10:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You HAVE to treat it like it's a job - you are going there to learn a trade and hopefully get a job working in your field.
I intend on interning when I go back to school.

I lacked maturity the first time I went to school and that was the problem I had.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 11:32 pm
@Butrflynet,
See, YOUR problem is is that are not willing to accept that people change. I came here being peaceful and sincere and all you did was bring up some TRIPE that transpired a long while ago and point fingers and hold that garbage against me.

You either were trying to get a rise out of me or attack me like some sick sadistic vulture or a ravenous wolf.

That is NOT a spirit of God.

The Word of God says it is better to obey God than man.
It also says to follow peace with all men.
IF you want to be my friend- friends don't go around attacking people.

The scribes, elders and teachers of the Law were Jesus' ENEMIES - they were constantly trying to find fault with what Jesus and His Disciples did. They resented Jesus because He called them hypocrites, and they were hypocrites
because they had all these laws they made up in exchange for God's Laws and weren't keeping the laws they had.

What you did was a form of CONDEMNATION and constitutes being an ENEMY.

It is written, in Romans 8:1 - There is no condemnation for those of us who are in Christ Jesus.

I am not angry and I already forgave you.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 11:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
Still avoiding answering this one, eh?

Butrflynet wrote:

What about this part of my post? Any response to it?

Quote:
As to your excuse that there is nothing but Christian haters here who give you negativity, anyone with common sense has to ask why you keep coming back to ask questions of non-Christians you dislike so much? Why aren't you on the many Christian community message forums asking your questions of them so you'll only get Christian-approved positive responses to them? Could it be that they give you the same "negative" feedback and you don't have their being non-Christian haters as an excuse to reject what they tell you?

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 02:03 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I lacked maturity the first time I went to school and that was the problem I had.

Surely not.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:10 am
@JGoldman10,
You said this..
Quote:

That's the best advice, and you already know it.

Just take your coursework seriously. Concentrate on academics, anything social is very secondary. You're not 18 any more, JG, and you already know what the social experience of going to college is like. Once you're enrolled, and are going to class, you'll have a better idea what the other students are like. There may well be other adults who are returning to school.

Stop asking questions here for things you can look up yourself--like about doing an internship at a particular school. If you have matured, you should be able to search out information by yourself.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 03:07 am
lol's JG does want to get married, quite appropriate.

JG please don't go there just to find your wife.

I actually read an interesting thing today when I googled, about a "theatre" by Steve... Well your name followed by Theatre interesting reading.