Only feels like 32° C if you have no undies and a sundress Laughing
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 02:42 pm
Wow.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 05:01 pm
eastern lake ontario : 34 C at 7 pm, the same for tomorrow, possibly some thundershowers. on saturday a mini-tornado touched the outskirts of the city, just some uprooted trees, no one got hurt but a friend of ours phoned to tell us that she went into the basement and thought she wouldn't get out ... she did. hbg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 05:02 pm
I thought I was going to melt walking from the bus stop at the end of the street, to my house. blechhh
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 05:06 pm
the rec room came in handy this afternoon. it was 27 C in the living room - trying to keep the air-conditioner from firing up before 6 pm -but a nice cool 20 C downstairs. hbg
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 05:30 pm
Basements are usually a lot cooler than on ground level.
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 04:16 am
Hey what's up Canucks.
Have you ever paid a visit to the Murder Capital of Canada?
I was gonna migrate to Canada, but living there (Murder Capital) for about a year made me pack my stuff as fast as I could and run the hell back to where I came from.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 07:20 pm
"...run the hell back to where I came from. "

and where would that be ? detroit ? it's as close to "hell" as anyone can get here on earth, i understand.
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 04:14 pm
Why would Detroit be hell on earth?
Never been there.
Never been to the States either...would that explain?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 07:16 pm
detroit
hamster : for your enlightenment you may want to look at stats for the city of DETROIT...

you'll notice that "larcency" is lower than the national average - nobody seems to have time for that in detroit.
0 Replies

Pandoras Box

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 10:30 pm
I have lived in various tropical countries and used to dream of snow around Christmas time.

It has been the hottest and smoggiest summer on record - so I am told. I hate the humidity, especially in large, fetid cities. Can't wait for winter!
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 01:37 am
Hamburger, boy those Detroitans must hate each other...
I totally understand how Detroit may seem like hell on earth.
What about Compton though? I heard it's not the nicest neighbourhood either.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:45 am
any other ...
hamster : maybe i should not be so hard on detroit; they do have a quite respectable symphony orchestra. i guess, like any place on earth there are sunny sides and there are shadow sides. have never stayed in detroit, only driven through it - on the way to chicago, which we very much enjoyed - and changed planes at the detroit airport. perhaps someone will rise up for detroit. hbg

...DETROIT SYMPHONY...
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:40 am
My neighbours next door spent about a year in Chicago b/c the husband got a job there.
Now that the job is done all they wanna do is come back here and leave cold and windy Chicago behind.
Maybe they should've spent a year in Winnipeg instead - that may have shaped their opinion of Chicago (comparison-wise).
What do you think?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:51 am
wouldn't know about winnipeg; have never driven past thunder bay - and that was in the summer.
i do understand that winnipeg will sometimes get a little cool - but it's a dry cold, isn't it ? (smiles). hbg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:57 am
I've visited Winnipeg and Chicago.
Winnipeg definitely has the friendliest people I've ever met anywhere.
Chicago's got the Art Institute.
Winnipeg's got mosquitoes and brutal winters.
Chicago's got brutal summers.
They're both called The Windy City.
Not sure there's much to choose between those two.

Since I try not to stop my car when I'm in Detroit, I'm not picking it as a hometown either.

Winnipeg wins over Detroit any day.

Almost anywhere in Canada is better than anywhere else any day.

Yup.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:58 am
Detroit stinks . . . literally . . . always roll up your windows when driving on I75 to or from the bridge.
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:21 pm
It is a really dry cold in Winnipeg. So that's a plus over the place I'm staying in right now.
Winnipeg also does have a lot of friendly people. Really nice folks out there.

On the downside, you run into more hobos than anything else on a public holiday in Downtown Winnipeg.

But then again one may encounter plenty suspicious characters south of the border...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 06:03 pm
hamster wrote : "On the downside, you run into more hobos than anything else on a public holiday in Downtown Winnipeg.

where are the hobos the rest of the time ?
-----------------------------------------------------------on a more serious subject : CLIMATE
i see in the paper that it's warmer (hotter) up here in the great north than in southern california (san diego); that's just not fair ! hbg
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:25 am
Also downtown, but on non-holidays they mingle with all the working people who own houses out in the suburbs.
0 Replies