0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:29 am
Living in Canada too. It's nice here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:31 am
Cold, but very nice.

So cold that the spring on the screen door is frozen. "Clunk" goes the screen door.

Cold.
0 Replies

Thetes

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:01 am
Yep, another Canadian here. Living in a perfect little town right in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, probably one of the most beautiful places in all of North America here. Smile
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 11:10 am
Quote:
Cold, but very nice.

So cold that the spring on the screen door is frozen. "Clunk" goes the screen door.

Cold.

Perfect weather. Laughing

Quote:
Yep, another Canadian here. Living in a perfect little town right in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, probably one of the most beautiful places in all of North America here.

cool.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:38 am
we have been living in THE LIMESTONE CAPITAL OF CANADA (aka kingston) since 1956. this was supposed to be a honeymoon trip or perhaps a stopover before going on to toronto, ottawa, the west ... but, we settled here and never left kingston (except on vacation). finding a job quickly helped to make the decision of staying an easy one. even though we came from a fairly large city (hamburg), we find that kingston suits as well. we have pretty well all the amenities of a large city, but it's easy to get around; lake ontario is a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute drive ... cultural life is also quite interesting (having queen's university is a definite plus). last weekend went to a performance of 'crazy for you' by queen's university drama guild, today we are off to see 'a midsummernight's dream' with kingston symphony, members of the st. lawrence playhouse and local choir, next weekend the queen's school of music performs 'an evening in vienna' - we just love it here. hbg
0 Replies

iamcolin

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 10:42 am
another Canuck here...another cold Canuck. finally some spring weather today though (supposed to be 10° C), so it's getting better. uggh, no matter how long i live her, i just can't get used to these winters.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 11:45 am
Welcome, iamcolin.

We're looking for 14 celsius tomorrow. I am cautiously optimistic.
Maybe most of the snow will melt then.
0 Replies

iamcolin

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 12:09 pm
yeah, i just checked the weather and we have three days in a row where its SUPPOSED to be in the teens...oh i hope it's true.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 12:29 pm
How did I miss this thread. Of course most of you already know I'm in New Brunswick :-D
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 01:28 pm
eastern lake ontario : plus 5 C and rain showers, waiting for daffodils and tulips to appear .

welcome aboard , iamcolin !
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 05:11 pm
Montana wrote:
How did I miss this thread.

Could be because a certain person "revitialized" it after sitting dormant since 2002. Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 05:36 pm
we should keep it going. the thread "deutsch, anyone ?" seems to get more hits than the canadian one. anyway, it was a nice sunny day in eastern ontario. went for a quick trip stateside to watertown. we were surprised to find that there is still some ice - somewhat slushy - under the thousand island bridge. watertown was quite warm and we turned the air-conditioner on. once we came to the border it started to cool off - able to tell we were coming back north ! hbg
0 Replies

Deedee05

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:14 am
The beautiful and balmy city of Victoria on Vancouver Island, B.C. is where I've called home for 6 years now, where we close our windows an average of 3 days per year due to cold, otherwise leaving them flung open to the glorious local weather year round.

The fact that I can "go on" about the weather here after moving directly form Phoenix, Arizona makes it quite surprising I think. Very much enjoy it here. The scenery is breath-taking, the kayaking is epic and the local orca population enchanting.

It's a magical place!

Smile
Deedee
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:29 am
Hey Deedee. Welcome to A2K.

I just got back from Victoria so I know you're right.
Here's a lovely tree I found in the famous Gardens.

http://img202.echo.cx/img202/8771/oldtree8nu.jpg
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:48 am
On a somber note. Has anyone noted the passing of Scott Young? He was Canada's great sportswriter and said of his son in 1965 "Neil is full of beans,hope and the assurance of being 19 with all life ahead".

From the CBC:

Canadian journalist and author Scott Young, who was also father of Canadian rock star Neil Young, died in Kingston, Ont. on Sunday. He was 87 years old.

Young was born in Cypress River, Man., and began his journalism career with the Winnipeg Free Press.
Scott Young in 1997.

He worked for the Canadian Press during the 1940s, becoming a CP war correspondent in London from 1942-43.

He also had worked for Maclean's magazine and the Toronto Telegram.

By 1957 he was sports columnist for the Globe and Mail, and for the next quarter-century covered Grey Cups, World Series, Stanley Cups, the Olympics and appeared on Hockey Night in Canada.

In 1984 he wrote Neil and Me about his relationship with his famous son.

It is said that Neil Young's first musical abilities were encouraged when his father gave him a ukulele for Christmas in 1958. His parents split up not too long after that.

Scott Young would marry three times and have seven children and stepchildren.

He enjoyed wide success as a novelist, short-story writer and popular historian, and published about 40 books, most of them sports history and biography.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/young_scott_cp_436141.jpg

Scott Young 1918-2005
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 11:11 am
i didn't realize scott young had moved to kingston just last fall until the local paper (kingston whig standard - canada's oldest continuosly published newspaper) reported his death. even though i'm not much into sports, i always enjoyed reading his columns when i came across them . certainly a loss to the small group of canadian writers. hbg
0 Replies

onben

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 02:24 am
I am living in London, Ontario, Canada, but I ain't a Canadian.

It's chilly in winter, and most of the ppl in here are friendly.

BTW: Canadian bacon - yummy Smile
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 11:25 pm
Is it really hot in Ontario?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:47 am
The temp today will be about 35 C, with a humidex reading 40 - 43 C. According to convert-me.com, 42 C is 107.6 F.
0 Replies