Mame

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 04:25 pm
@farmerman,
Hold the phone!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 04:27 pm
@Butrflynet,
Hmm, now that gives me pause about turning my thoughts into a mini-treatise.
0 Replies

phineasandferb

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 10:19 pm
thanks for both negative and positive replies..

you surely gave me things to think about..

" a mistake does not define a person's entirety.."

i got this somewhere and i think i can still have my second chance..maybe not with the same person or maybe not with anybody else but myself..i have a life to live .. i'll learn from my mistakes and not to repeat the same mistake twice..before he gives me that chance (i hope he will but i doubt it) i have to give myself THAT chance to become a better version of myself..

thank you for dropping by..
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 06:41 am
Well - time and earthworms work wonders. So you are going to have to give this some time.

And I agree, you are lonely. (Have you ever been without a a man in your life? It is probably something new)

The fact that you got involved with another person indicates that you were really not ready for an exclusive relationship. There's nothing wrong with this. Just accept that.

Spend some time developing yourself. Find out what your values are and what kind of man you want in your life. Concentrate on becomeing financially independent and set some career goals.

If your former man has all these qualities, approach him in six months again and ask to see him again. Persoanlly, I think that you will find more wonderful men in your life, if your eyes are wide open.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 02:16 pm
@phineasandferb,
You mention routine...7 years and that you didn't think of your boyfriend at the time that you cheated. That you never stood by his side

Yes, you have a second chance, a chance to view all of that and learn from it..

Is there fun and excitement in routine? Do you stand by your partners side? Is the word Love real to you or companionship/strong friendship. You would have thought of him, if you were truly in love, stopped and walked away in my opinion. And, you would always stand by their side.

Look deeply as to why you cheated... Perhaps you were in a routine, no fun, no lust, no excitement, no laughter....

Whether you should have searched to validate your thoughts whilst in a relationship is not the topic. Remember, though, through our actions will it reflect on us only, hurt us only or someone else...

You are entitled to a seond chance, next time to communicate, work out the differences, the needs of both parties.. 1% he is saying, his heart is gone...but his love is still slightly there... I hope that he doesn't stop giving... That he doesn't hold this against all women now in his life, the belief that it will happen to him again, therefore, him not being able to be himself anymore.

Work out who you are and what you are after in life... If you never stood by his side, but enjoyed all the help, love and support he gave you but was seeking adventure and lust, then you have to learn how to bring that out of someone you love, or to ensure you don't settle with someone you are not compatible with.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 03:23 pm
@phineasandferb,
Actually, with a new person in your life you start all over again - there are no second chances yet and perhaps you've learned your lesson so you won't need one either.

You are very young and this relationship was your first - just think how you've changed from high school until now - well, so has your relationship and you both probably grew up in different directions and perhaps down the road you can remain friends, but I have a feeling that you would not want to once you have another relationship.

Just enjoy your time alone and get to know yourself a bit, and learn what you want in another person and what you want out of life - that's more important than throwing yourself into a new relationship or trying to hang onto the old one. Good luck!
0 Replies