Wife left me with kids

saka2u

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 06:03 pm
My wife left me here in California and moved to Arizona with my kids after we got into an arguement about her brother moving in with us . He asked to stay with us for a few days while waiting for his pay-check to get his own place, and while doing so, he kept borrowing money from me for gas, when he got his check he dissapeared for a few days, then came back broke. when I brought my concerns to her attention, she threatened to move away with the kids if i kicked her brother out! a couple of days later, I got angry about that threat, more so because brother started missing days of work and complaining about his place of work. She was still adomant about mooving, i told her that if that was what she wanted to do to go ahead...not knowing she would move out of state. She moved out and left me with this guy! She's been gone for over a month now and she says she doesnt know if she wants to come back, still mad and hurt over everything and anything I have done to her over the 13years of our marriage. she is residing with her sister. A few days after she got to AZ she found out that her brother had temperarlily lived with her 23year old daughter and boyfrend (my step daughter) and done the same thing to them and he got kicked out. she then asked for me to kick him out since he was up to no good. I told her that i would do that , I would let her kick her own brother out since we are both on the lease of this home. He got his last paycheck and dissapeared without me having to ask him to leave and never payed me back the moneys that i owed him. My wife and I discussed reserving plane tickets for future date for them to return home, but flaked twice when the time came to do so. She says she needs time to deal with her hurt and pain that I have caused her over the years, she says she doesnt love me and hasnt for a wile. I am trying to apply the "No contact strategy" but it is hard, I am emotionally torn apart!!!! where do I go from here? I have a 3bedroom home on 2.5acres living by myself and struggling to pay the bills, we are self emplyed and she is my parter, it is getting overwhelming without her perticipation. Wheat should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,440 • Replies: 9
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by saka2u
maxdancona

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 08:45 pm
@saka2u,
It sounds like your marriage is over. You should do what you need to to take care of yourself and accept the fact that you probably aren't going to be married very much longer. If it were me I would kick the brother out right away and find someone who can pay rent to share the house until you figure out whether you are going to sell it.

And you should get a divorce lawyer who will help you get rid of her useless brother and make sure your finances can be sorted out.
Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:51 am
@maxdancona,
I think that is extreme - marriage is over - you two really need to get together and talk. Would you be able to go to her? Is there something you can change financially so that at least you have that stress removed?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:04 pm
HER brother moved in and then SHE left?

You were set up, my friend.

she wanted you to man up and do what she is not able to, that is, stand up to her own brother. I have a feeling he has done this to all the relatives.

She used this as an excuse to bail. Plus, seems there are issues from the past and this was her out.

Get some help to handle all this. See a lawyer and get some help at your work - close up business and downsize the house. You are going to have to re-define yourself. Get prepared for that.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 08:57 pm
@saka2u,
Please contact a family attorney at once and get some good advice before you end up with only the clothes on your back. Your wife has left you and deserted your joint business, any losses you incur are part her fault and you need to document this. As I said, a professional family attorney is the answer here...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 09:33 pm
@saka2u,
It would appear that you are neglecting to tell us the whole story.

What went on for the 13 years before you brought your concerns about her brother to her attention?

Funny but you haven't mentioned much about your kids.

What do you want to happen?

saka2u

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 07:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I know my drinking caused alot of problems over the years. She didnt have a problem with me going to have a dring every now and then but the problem was when I got soaked, came home and woke her up and decided it was perfect time for me to express my feelings about something that she did earlier in the day that upset me. I then went as far as saying some very cruel things that I didnt remember the next day
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 07:30 am
Are you still drinking?

Nothing is going to happen between you two if you still are drinking.

If you can't stop, go to AA to hear how other people are getting thru the day without drinking.

Seems there are more issues than you let on.

Keep communicating with her but I will bet that some real changes on your part will have to happen.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:42 pm
@saka2u,
Quote:
but it is hard, I am emotionally torn apart!!!! where do I go from here? I have a 3bedroom home on 2.5acres living by myself and struggling to pay the bills, we are self emplyed and she is my parter, it is getting overwhelming without her perticipation. Wheat should I do?

She is your wife first, your business partner second.

You talk of emotions, yet your reply refers to not missing her, but her participation, time, work load, to help create money to pay the bills.

She talks of emotions, of how she has been treated, that it's not a marriage, that she doesn't think she loves you anymore.

You talk of drinking, waking her up and abusing her emotionally firstly, for the way in which she handled the business that day, to then putting her down further through anger/alcohol and cussing her.

Would I come back? No.

Go to AA, tell her you will get councelling for your drinking...Go to a Marriage councellor learn what marriage is all about, how you treat your partner.

Business should never be mixed with marriage if one person thinks they know it all, wants everything there way, and expects the other person to adhere to those ways, have no input and no enjoyment . Sounds like she is a slave to you, at work and then probably at home, given there are children as well...

Stop being so selfish and asking how you can get her back to "work for you"..

Look seriously at what constitutes a marriage... You don't mention love, for her or the kids...

If you think you love her, find a way to put someone else into the business and treat her properly.

0 Replies

phatgirl18

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 10:34 am
@saka2u,
Try to reconcile and make things work. After all you want a family right?
0 Replies