Getting the Last Word

Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
it's in the stars, ed...
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:51 pm
@spendius,
After years of patience, spendi. Not talking just a few months of tolerating it. It's like having a gnat before your eyes, endlessly and needlessly, and finally closing it out of the screen door.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:52 pm
@Rockhead,
Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it. I've been relying on my Crystal Balls for years.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:52 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

it's in the stars, ed...

With the astrology comes the Ouija Board and the Eight Ball, right?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
hey now...

the eight ball never lies.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
You have misunderstood the point as usual ed.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:59 pm
@spendius,
You said that Shakespeare was a carnie, reading fortunes based on the stars, right?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 02:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
the 8 ball seems indecisive on this one, ed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba_NIBzPKrg&feature=related
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 02:02 pm
I get your point about ros using astrology in that way, but he is on the mark.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 02:38 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
it's in the stars, ed...
Rocky, with the stars up there, light years away (the closest 1 being over 4 light years away)
doing their nuclear fusion thing up there,
for what reason shoud thay CARE about what is going on in this planet?

Even ASSUMING that thay get their information at the speed of light,
it will be years out of date, maybe centuries or millennia, depending on which stars.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 03:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I get your point about ros using astrology in that way, but he is on the mark.

He is not on the mark because his mind is closed on the matter and that is no way to set an example of what scientific thinking is to others. I have an open mind. It has nothing to do with Ouiga boards and Eight Balls except that you and ros are talking Eight Balls of Shite.

You both, and others, have it in for astrology because the seasons have been,to a large extent, ironed out for you by science which is a Christian project to its very core. No famines for you eh? No breeding season. No waiting for the spring friskies. And astrology conceived astronomy.

The conjunctions in the heavens are mere codes to say when a birth took place. Be born in November and your first few months, which are very influential according to psychologists, are different experiences to those of people born in May. Those conjunctions vary slowly enough to last a fortune teller's lifetime and the predictions are based on probabilities. Mother's milk is rich in November because the harvest is in store. It might be thinner in May when it has all been eaten.

If you want to say the Daily Stars in the paper are drivel well most feechewers of that nature are drivel as well. When you can't separate the Daily Stars from Astrology you really are unscientific. And it's a science thread so ros is trolling every single time he posts and I'm the life and soul of both threads. One 8 years old.

Science has its share of charlatans. When you start picking on one bunch of charlatans you should pick on them all. So you start a new thread about charlatans and **** off from the science.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 03:45 pm
Any great gathering or cause has its charlatans. But, you are selecting the wrong people to accuse. I can't put words or thoughts here and ascribe their origin to roz, but he is the sort to learn what astrology, or mythology, or whatever it is he excludes from consideration, is about, before taking the chance to look foolish.
spendius

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 05:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh--ros looks foolish alright. You needn't worry about that. He's okay if there's nobody answering back. He's had me on Ignore for many moons.

David--stay away from science eh? It's obviously not your bag mate. It doesn't matter when the messages set off. It's when they arrive here. There's no such thing as time out there mate. There's no clocks reading Eastern Daylight time.

The conjunctions are just mystique to confuse the grannies.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 05:38 pm
Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie! Razz

I WANT THE LAST WORD!

Let me have it!! Laughing Laughing

Word. Cool
spendius

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 05:43 pm
@GracieGirl,
You've no chance kid. This is a grinding them into the dust thread. It's for men. The tender, white hand that rocks the cradle is too gentle for this ****.
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 05:46 pm
@spendius,
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Word.

Laughing
Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:39 pm
@GracieGirl,
Just what the doctor ordered.
Hi, Gracie.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:45 pm
@Ragman,
HaHahaha!! Laughing Laughing

Hi Ragman! Mr. Green

Awwwww man! I was soo winning!!! Laughing Laughing

Word. Cool Laughing
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:52 pm
@GracieGirl,
Now, Gracie, let's be fair about this. You certainly may have the last word,if you wish. But you'll have to wait your turn like everyone else. There are several other "last-worders" in line ahead of you.

Spendi seems a little confused; he apparently thinks he's still on some other thread, arguing against evolution. Good luck to him; he'll need plenty of it and more than that besides. But that's OK; he's entitled to his last word just like everyone else (perhaps more so as he's doing most of the work to velidate my point about 'last-worders.')

edgarblythe and Rockhead probably want their 'last words' on record as well. So, as I say, Gracie, you'll just have to wait your turn. But I can assure you you'll get your last word just like evryone else.

Mr. Green Twisted Evil
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:04 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Aww!! I want my last word NOW!

Spendius has had enough words and Rockhead and edgarblythe are cool but if they want their last words they're gonna have to fight for it. Evil or Very Mad

Word. Twisted Evil Laughing