Getting the Last Word

GracieGirl

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 07:40 pm
@Sturgis,
You taught science?! I was talking about Graham's law and finding the ratio of diffusion rates on facebook! Very Happy Do you remember how to do that stuff? Why'd you teach science? Science sucks! Its like the worst subject.

When your retired how do you get money and pay bills and stuff? Did you have to save money so you could retire?

And YES!!! I LOVE tacos! Well, tacos from Taco Bell. They have the new Doritios Tacos! Omg! They're soo good. Smile My dad doesn't let me eat fast food much though. Its not good for me.I'm not fat or anything, its because I have diabetes. My dad wants me to eat healthy all the time. Its not fair. Sad I really like quesadillas too! Very Happy
GracieGirl

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 07:41 pm
@Sturgis,
Really? Its only 6:41 where I am. Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 08:03 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Dlowan can I have 20 dollars? Mr. Green

Nope....but if you're giving, I'll take some money off your hands for you.
GracieGirl

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 08:11 pm
@dlowan,
Aww! Your mean! Razz

My birthdays coming up! Whatcha gonna get me? Mr. Green

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 08:22 pm
@GracieGirl,
I'll show you mean. You want mean?

"Aw, you're mean. My birthday's coming up!"

Oh, I'll wish you happy birthday if you're good.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 08:23 pm
@GracieGirl,

So many questions.
Graham's Laws are relatively simple once you realize they aren't too difficult to comprehend. I'd say more but you dissed science. Sad

My reason for going into science was it was the thing to do. At the time of my SATs I indicated I was looking to study history and theology and at the time my career goals were simple enough. Either become a history teacher or a preacher. Since my history grades were never spectacular that knocked out the history side and I was in my falling out with religion at the time so the theology went bye-bye as well.

What to do, what to do? I realized I liked the sciences, all of them. Additionally I was good with them. Since I still wanted to educate young people, I stuck with the goal of becoming a teacher. A few short years later, I was teaching high school students in the wilds of Vermont. Okay, it wasn't that wild; although, some of the students were.

Science for me, is a constant learning experience, beyond the textbooks. When teaching there was the continual look of awe, wonder, amazement as students learned. Teaching, finding a way to reach a student was part of the happiness which I received. Eventually, I decided it was time to retire. I ended the time there and got to the next chapter of life. There have been a few chapters added on and hopefully several more are ahead.

My financial matters I keep fairly private.

As to your dietary, eat properly. When it comes to tacos, have you reached a point of trying to assemble some on your own? Probably a little healthier than the Taco Bell might offer. At any rate, your father knows best on this, so heed his advice.

GracieGirl

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 10:04 pm
@dlowan,
Laughing Laughing
Your crazy dlowan. Razz

I'm always good! Mr. Green
JTT

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 10:15 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
My birthdays coming up! Whatcha gonna get me?

A horse.
GracieGirl

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 10:23 pm
@Sturgis,
*sigh* Science is just soo hard for me. I'm usually really smart and its easy to get good grades but I had to study a lot for Chemistry class this year and my A is probably gonna drop down to B because I made a C on a test I took today.Science annoys me.

I kinda get Graham's law now. Its still complicated to me though.
I love history but history class can be boring. I like talking about history with people who really expierenced stuff. Not just read from a history textbook.

What kinda teacher were you? Were you cool and funny like you are on a2k or were a strict teacher ? I don't get teachers. Once I graduate high school I'm never coming back.

And I only eat Taco Bells tacos. Ive never made any myself.

I'm sleepy guys. GOODNIGHT! Very Happy
GracieGirl

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 10:24 pm
@JTT,
No way?!? Thank you JTT! Your the best! Mr. Green
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 10:35 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Laughing Laughing
Your crazy dlowan. Razz

I'm always good! Mr. Green

Did you mean "You're crazy" perchance?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 11:08 pm
@dlowan,
You're wise in your ken of yore.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:23 pm
@GracieGirl,
Hi Gracie!
http://www.thesucculentwife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Thinking-of-You-cards-by-Oh-Geez-Design.jpg

I didn't take Chemistry until I was a senior in high school. I did get an A. Maybe it helps to be a few years older when you take Chem.--I was 16. But, these days, I think I prefer Graham's crackers to his law. Laughing
http://photograzing.seriouseats.com/assets_c/2011/06/graham_crackers-thumb-245x245-165040.jpg
Particularly cinnamon graham crackers.

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 12:14 am
@firefly,
Always wondered what Graham crackers were.

Now I know what they look like...but what are they made of and how do they taste?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 01:34 am
@dlowan,
Setanta told me once, sorry can't find the link, they're a bit like digestives, either slightly more/less sweet.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 01:02 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
but what are they made of

Recycled cardboard
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 01:29 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Always wondered what Graham crackers were.

Now I know what they look like...but what are they made of and how do they taste?

Here's the story...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_cracker

They are a thin, crisp, slightly sweet, mostly tasteless cracker. They are often used crushed to make a bottom crust for cheescake or a cream pie. The variety that's topped with cinnamon sugar isn't bad with a cup of coffee or tea, instead of a sweeter, richer cookie.

I just found out that the person who developed them, the Rev. Sylvester Graham, felt they would be helpful in controlling lust and carnal urges.
http://www.snopes.com/food/origins/grahamcrackers.asp

Well, not that I've noticed. Laughing
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 01:36 pm
I happen to like Graham crackers. They have the virtue of not being overly sweet, yet giving the impression of being more of a biscuit than a cracker. To me, a 'cracker' is a saltine cracker.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 02:03 pm
Taco Bell. Meh.

Learn to make tacos at home.
It's easy.
A little hamburger browned with some chile powder/garlic powder.
Some chopped onions.
Shredded cheese (Don't buy shredded cheese use this http://cadmiumyellowskies.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/cheese-shredder.gif
You can buy some salsa.
hmmm
Shred some lettuce, chop up some cilantro, tomatoes and jalapenos.
Have everything chopped up and ready before you~~~~

Get some real tortillas, flour or corn or both.
Get a skillet pretty hot with juuust a little corn oil on it.
Flop the tortillas, one at a time, onto the hot surface and, just before they get too crispy, plop all your ingredients on one half and fold it over.
Slide it out onto your plate and start another one.
Bring friends over and make the tacos by the dozen.
(If the tortillas gets too crispy, who cares? Use the crispy pieces to scoop up the guacamole......that we will make next time.

Joe(never eat fast food you can make)Nation
dlowan

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 03:23 pm
@firefly,
Crackers that control lust and carnal urges?