Second Chance

firemanbud

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:13 pm
I think see needs more help than she is getting from her teripist. Now she want to start dating. I have rented a house, and she asks me to spend the night with here. When I say no she says she is bumbed out. She is starting to take Paxil, what that will di I have no idea, but she started taking it today.
The kids adapted with no problem, they are acually digging having a second house. It is by the intercoastal waterway, they love to fish and play at my new place.
My wife now says she wants to work things own and move to a bigger house ( ours is small, 1000sf). I will not give in like last time. When we seperated a year ago, I rented an apartment, but never spent one night there, always at home with her.
She is saying she wants to start going out on dates and comming to my place for dinner and a sleep over, with the kids at grannys house. I am going to work on me and If things work I wil be very happy, but if not I don't want to hurt anymore....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:38 pm
Paxil is an antidepressant used to treat generalized depression & anxiety. It takes several weeks for the patient to begin feeling more balanced. That is, assuming this is the correct drug for your wife. Many people have to try more than one drug to find one that is effective & tolerable (possible side effects.)

This is a very common condition, and a very common medication. There is a lot of information available if you "google" Paxil and/or related topics. I take antidepressants myself (related to menopause), so I know more than a little bit about this subject.

I would suggest you give your wife some time and see if the doctor & medication are able to stabilize her emotionally and get her back on solid ground. Now is MOST CERTAINLY not the time to be making major decisions.

Glad you have a safe place now, firemanbud. Somewhere you can relax and be yourself. You deserve that. I hope you and your wife will be able to work things out, but please take it very slowly.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:00 pm
Glad to hear that things are going well for you Bud. You deserve to be happy :-)
0 Replies

firemanbud

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:07 pm
Thanks Guys'
I hate to get my hopes up, but I really think she is sincere about dating and getting to know each other again. I think me getting my own place openned her eyes a little. I sure do love her, and maybe giving her a litttle space and doing what I need to do will show her what she needs to see. Thanks again guys.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:45 am
You're welcome Bud.

Good luck to you :-)
0 Replies