Every religion proven to be based upon a foundation of lies

wayne

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 03:25 am
The internet has apparently given a lot of people a new freedom to promote their particular brand of hypocrisy. I see it everywhere, the religion issue, as well as the ridiculous political tripe.
I've defriended several on facebook ( my purpose for which is apparently quite different) because I don't really want to see all the anti- Obama and phony christian baloney when I check in to send the kid a message.
I am stunned by the number of senseless fools who cut and paste all the latest christian facade one day, followed by hateful drivel the next. Earwigs must be eating their brains.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 03:37 am
I haven't had much problem at Facebook, with the exception of one joker who kept trying to convert me to Islam. I just ignored his IM messages eventually, and he stopped, then he disappeared (at least i no longer see him). My eyes tend to glaze over when i see people posting the religious fol-de-rol, or the atheist attack crapola, so in a sense, i know what you're talking about. Mostly, i just ignore it. I've never "unfriended" anyone, and i've also never been bothered with the one exception i noted.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 03:47 am
I wasn't bothered for a long time, then I logged on one day recently and a women I went to high school with had posted the entire news feed full of tea party propaganda. I just reached my limit at that, so away went anyone who posts any of the crap, I really don't correspond with those people anyway.
So now my news feed consists of silly chatter and banter between friends, suitable for my purpose Smile
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 03:49 am
@wayne,
There is never enough silly chatter and banter in the world.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 05:27 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Those who disgust me most right now are the Buddhists and the militant atheists.

I have reported your post to the Central Committee of nonbelievers. We know where you live, and you'll be hearing from us soon.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 07:32 am
....and I naively believing that Christ was the only one said to turn water into wine...amazing that some folks around can teach us in 10 quick steps how to transit from a fanatic religion offender onto a pragmatic religion tolerant lamb...I at least care to offend invasiveness, certain attitudes or modes of behaviour, people, and not faith on itself or this or that religion in particular...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 08:47 am
@Setanta,
I must confess that everything I've said on A2K about my perspective on Buddhism is delusional, but, like your general perspective, it is as sane as we get until we opt for Silence. But then I would have to retire from A2K and that wouldn't be as fun.
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 12:00 pm
@Thomas,
Oh good . . . will you be bringing a covered dish?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 12:02 pm
@JLNobody,
Well, of course, you could come here and speak of other things. I've never had a problem with your participation. My experience of your comments on Buddhism has been that you find it best answers your personal needs. I don't know that you've ever preached it's superiority over other points of view, and it is to that that i object. The same goes for the atheists who constantly seek out religionists to bash. After the religion wars here in the early years, i just got sick of the whole lot of them.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 02:59 pm
@David Jeffrey Spetch,
You deleted your reply but I thought that I would respond regardless!

Quote:
I just completed a project (I am the best on the globe)

You do seem confident which can be a good trait at times but not always!

Cool you have a video about this thread. Some people might think that you look like an atheist Jesus with the long hair.

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 03:16 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:

You mean the fact that he's a hateful idiot?

Not exactly but it may seem that way to you but Fil Albuquerque may see it the same way about you.

I do not have the answers but I do have many questions that I find interesting that I would like to share if you are up to giving answers.

Is it possible that the 2 of you became frustrated with each other because you both think that you have presented enough information to each other yet the other side still does not get it and you both feel passionate about your believed or factual knowledge?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 03:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You could ask Fil Albuquerque if you wanted his side of the story! Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 03:32 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
I have a question for you. Are you interested in in learning point of views other than what you already hold?

In the case of the theory of evolution, I know and understand the official point of view better than most of the people who espouse it.

What I had in mind was how we see reality, "not what we think is true or false about evolution!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 03:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
RL led me to believe it was an arcane reason that once revealed would have us all saying: "Ahhh, now I understand."

No you are all to bright to be dazzled by anything that I could offer! 2 Cents
0 Replies

igm

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 04:04 pm
@Setanta,
Still running.... and firing shots as you leave... or are you going to put your case for ... lets see how about ... what a standard religion is and how Buddhism is therefore a standard religion because of your definition.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 04:06 pm
@Thomas,
They say you can know a lot about a man because of the company he keeps and how he chooses to show his loyalty to that companion.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 04:18 pm
@igm,
Are you saying that the wolves in sheep's clothing travel in packs?

I think that wolves in sheep's clothing are called Psychopaths in today's language!
igm

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 04:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Not really... by the way my last post to you (back on p4) ... it would be helpful if you could say why you didn't reply i.e. was it because you agreed, didn't or couldn't understand it or it didn't interest you... it helps to get feedback ... sometimes.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 04:50 pm
@igm,
I do apologize for not responding, I meant to think hard about it and then respond but some how I forgot!

Quote:
I'd say you should go through life saying (internally) in regard to beliefs... I am wrong why am I wrong ... they are wrong why are they wrong... and use what you know to undo beliefs not create more....

This sounds like a good idea!

Quote:
eventually you'll reach the bedrock of reality which will stand on the absence of beliefs and eventually every belief you come across you'll instantly see its lack of substance because you'll understand the fault with the first belief that all other beliefs stand on.

I am not sure that the outcome will be exactly the way you described but it sure may seem that way compared to not doing what you have suggested!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 04:53 pm
@igm,
Quote:
Not really..
I did not think so, I was just kidding around! Drunk
0 Replies