Every religion proven to be based upon a foundation of lies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 07:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Quote:
You mean the fact that he's a hateful idiot?

Not exactly but it may seem that way to you but Fil Albuquerque may see it the same way about you.

I'm going to let you in on a big secret: I don't really care what hateful idiots think of me...

Other than that I can actually answer all but the tiniest number of the questions most people would ever have about evolution, but you'd need to get used to the idea that the real answers are not the glop which you learn in school or pick up in the mass media.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 07:55 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
you'd need to get used to the idea that the real answers are not the glop which you learn in school or pick up in the mass media.

Where can the truth about this subject be found? Are you certain that this source of yours has the empirical answer?

Quote:
I'm going to let you in on a big secret: I don't really care what hateful idiots think of me...

What makes a person a hateful idiot? Is it someone who you are not able to see eye to eye with then the 2 of you get into an emotional confrontation?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 08:14 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

You could ask Fil Albuquerque if you wanted his side of the story! Wink

I don't want Fil's "side of the story," and if I did I could get it by reading his exchange with Gunga.

I was curious whether or not you actually had a theory to go along with your sensei routine.

I see you don't.

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 08:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
If you had read my other replies I would have thought that you would have seen that my theory lies within these questions that I had asked Gungasnake!

Is it possible that the 2 of you became frustrated with each other because you both think that you have presented enough information to each other yet the other side still does not get it and you both feel passionate about your believed or factual knowledge?
gungasnake

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 08:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
One place which is as good a place to start as any:

http://www.trueorigin.org/
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 08:57 pm
@gungasnake,
Before I dig to deep into that can you tell me if any of this info comes from an evolutionary biologist or paleontologist? If not what are their credentials?

The reason why I ask is because I would think that someone within that field of expertise would have the best understanding!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 09:13 pm
@gungasnake,
Do you have any videos that you would like to offer? I seem to relate easier to them, I guess I am a lazy reader!

Have you seen this video and what would you like to point out in it that you disagree with?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 09:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
No thanks Socrates
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 09:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I take it that you do not like Socrates?
gungasnake

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 09:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
Try this for starters:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7639929005726140350

David Menton certainly has major kinds of credentials in cellular biology.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 10:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Have you seen this video and what would you like to point out in it that you disagree with?

The Neanderthal has been ruled out as a plausible ancestor for modern man precisely because the genetic gap is too wide and all other hominids were significantly further removed from us THAN the Neanderthal.

Too-distant-to-ancestral-to is a transitive relationship. That leaves nothing on this planet which we could be descended from via any process resembling evolution.
Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:14 am
@reasoning logic,
He didn't delete his reply. The moderators jerked it because he had
links in it to attempt to drum up business for himself. That doesn't fly here.
igm

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:20 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

The Neanderthal has been ruled out as a plausible ancestor for modern man precisely because the genetic gap is too wide and all other hominids were significantly further removed from us THAN the Neanderthal.

So describe exactly how modern man appeared. It's easy to say any explanation is better than Evolution (which is what you replied last time to my post). Let's have some specifics or have you no ideas to put forward? At the moment you've said (or it can be interpreted as such) you have 'blind faith' that there is an alternative to Evolution.
wayne

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:41 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The Neanderthal has been ruled out as a plausible ancestor for modern man precisely because the genetic gap is too wide and all other hominids were significantly further removed from us THAN the Neanderthal

The last I knew, Neanderthal has long been considered another branch of the hominid tree, derived from a common ancestor long before.
Are you sure you understand how any of this works?
gungasnake

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:51 am
@igm,
Quote:
So describe exactly how modern man appeared.

Three basic possibilities:

Modern man was created here recently.

Modern man was genetically re-engineered from one of the apes or hominids, most likely the Neanderthal.

Modern man was brought here from elsewhere in the cosmos.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:54 am
@wayne,
Quote:
The last I knew, Neanderthal has long been considered another branch of the hominid tree, derived from a common ancestor long before.
Are you sure you understand how any of this works?

Positive, and that idea is basically idiotic. Trying to claim both we and Neanderthal arose from a more remote common ancestor after the Neanderthal has been shown to be too genetically remote to be viewed as ancestral is like claiming that foxes can't be descended from wolves (too remote) and therefore must be descended directly from fish.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:56 am
@wayne,
See what I mean when I say that all the knowledge of biology and/or genetics isn't going to help somebody in this sort of thing if he hasn't mastered basic logic....
0 Replies

igm

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 06:01 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
So describe exactly how modern man appeared.

Three basic possibilities:
Modern man was created here recently.
Modern man was genetically re-engineered from one of the apes or hominids, most likely the Neanderthal.
Modern man was brought here from elsewhere in the cosmos.

Your three alternatives will suffer from' infinite regress' or a need for a 'prime mover' wouldn’t you say? Or do you have an alternative and why? If not which one would you choose and why?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 06:04 am
@wayne,
On one side of the argument you've got Richard Dawkins and David Attenborough. On the other side you've got Gunga the pseudo-intellectual with a KKK and faecophilia fixation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 06:08 am
@wayne,
More than that, there is Neanderthal genetic material in the homo sapien sapiens genome. Gunga Dim is motivated by his right-wing christian views, and just makes this **** up as he goes along.

National Geographic

The Globe and Mail (Toronto)

Time magazine

the magazine Nature

The Los Angeles Times

The Guardian (UK)