Do you consider her a nut?

mt774

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:27 am
The comments made by Phyllis Schlafly that gay people shouldn't be respected by us and that there will be no good arguments in favor of the same sexes marriage. So is she a nut living in dark ages, or should we have no problem with her commentating?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 3,277 • Replies: 32

raprap

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:35 am
@mt774,
Not unless you consider the majority of religious fundamentalists to be 'nuts.' The way I figure it Phyllis Schlafly is right at home with the ilk of Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann, and Sarah Palin.

Now here's a question for you- do 'nuts' of these ilk these deserve respect?

Rap
Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:38 am
This guy is completely clueless. Your question was wasted. He thinks Louis Farrakahn is an honorable man who would not lie. He thinks the CIA introduced crack into the ghettos of American cities in order to destroy black people. That's just for starters.
0 Replies

mt774

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:38 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

Not unless you consider the majority of religious fundamentalists to be 'nuts.' The way I figure it Phyllis Schlafly is right at home with the ilk of Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann, and Sarah Palin.

Rap

What about Oliver North? I do not respect any of them.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:47 am
I didn't know she was still alive. She certainly isn't someone I pay any attention to.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:56 am
@JPB,
I just googled - I had no idea she was still around.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:57 am
What does this joker think Oliver North has in common with Schlafly. Perry, Bachmann and Palin, i wonder? North is a revealing name to throw out there, though. Maybe this joker is Persian.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:58 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

Rap

Do I consider the majority of religious fundamentalists to be 'nuts.?' Yes. Yes I personally do.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:58 am
Or, alternatively, maybe he's Nicaraguan.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:03 am
@JPB,
i was sure she was dead, and lets face it, at 87 she can't be relevant (if she even is) for much longer
Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:06 am
@djjd62,
I'd have thought so too, at one time. However, in early 90s, twenty years after she made a name opposing the Equal Rights Amendment, i learned that she has a big following on Christian right-wing talk radio. There's a low stress job she can do until they shoehorn her into the casket.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:17 am
@djjd62,
"if she 'ever' was"
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:22 am
Pathetic whinging nobody grandstanding a lukewarm cause to make the news.

Paying them any kind of attention is a waste of good airtime.
0 Replies

mt774

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 12:57 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

What does this joker think Oliver North has in common with Schlafly. Perry, Bachmann and Palin, i wonder? North is a revealing name to throw out there, though. Maybe this joker is Persian.

Ooooh why? do you like Oliver North? haha whoop whoop
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:01 pm
@mt774,
Do you have an antifetish against Oliver North? Personally, I can't stand him politically and otherwise but isn't he old news? How is he a relevant name drop these days?

Quote:
whoop whoop

And do you have the forum typing equivalent to the whooping cough? Is it contagious?
mt774

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Do you have an antifetish against Oliver North? Personally, I can't stand him politically and otherwise but isn't he old news? How is he a relevant name drop these days?

How do feel of Brent Bozell politically?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:10 pm
@mt774,
is he to the right of Bozo the clown?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
This is all a hidden code. There's a hidden message encoded in these bleatings. Can it make sense any other way?

Now where is my decoder ring? Oy, it's in South Decoder.

"Whoop de whoop, Ollie...tell Phyllis Schafly that Farrakhan is waiting for Betty Shabazz to spill the beans."

Roughly transalted that is telling the Feds where the next Columbia to Nicaragua mega-shipment of cocaine will land in Teaneck NJ.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:15 pm
@mt774,
all i had to see were the words "Parents Television Council" to know he's a grade A douchebag
0 Replies

mt774

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:31 pm
Who is the British version of Phyllis Schlafly you may ask, there is a name of Mary Whitehouse who ddid similar, but why do most these people just seem out to stop nicer people from having fun? Why must they want to make everything miserbale and old-fashioned?