17
   

How do you deal with it when this happens?

 
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:28 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Oh and speaking of bums --- whatever happened to that guy with the voice
The Mexican ?
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
...on the other side of the spectrum a professional beggar that does its trick all to well and fools everybody around gets my admiration...a winner ! (the world is all to ironic)
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:30 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
...on the other side of the spectrum a professional beggar that does its trick all to well and fools everybody around gets my admiration...a winner ! (the world is all to ironic)
I have given to them. Knowingly.





David
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
...no David no...not to antagonize your belief but the TRADING that you are "buying" is in YOU feeling good afterwards knowing that you helped...
Linkat
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
He may have been - but he got all these contracts and stuff - he had an incredible talking voice. I think after he started getting money, he started into drugs again (which I believe was the cause of his homelessness) - he was supposed to go into rehab or something, but haven't heard his voice since.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:35 am
@OmSigDAVID,
...again, you are tricking the trickster...playing the game just for fun, and observing the result !
(...you definitely are a hunter in genotype and not a gatherer...although you should learn a bit more about discretion...)
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:38 am
@Linkat,
I can't think of a more boring "job," but at least you are your own boss.

The young woman I met was attractive and clean and she targeted only male businessmen. She didn't tell me that she employed subtle sexual signs and I wasn't really studying her so I didn't notice any, but it seems likely they were at play at some level.

The phony blind begger ruse has been going on for centuries as, I suppose, has professional panhandling too.

Based on the responses to this thread it would appear, to a large extent, that the pros are not cynically exploiting the generosity and kindness of their fellow human beings, they are simply triggering and benefiting from a reflex in the members of the swarm they tend.

Also based on this thread it seems that the pros are also providing a benefit to some of their marks. They shake some coins free and the mark feels all noble and caring. A trade as fil suggests and a pretty fair one I would say.


Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:39 am
@Linkat,
Back to being a bum
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
...a perfect summary on the complexities of the system, could n´t with my lousy English, explain it any better then Finn just did...
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:45 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
...no David no...not to antagonize your belief but the TRADING that you are "buying" is in YOU feeling good afterwards knowing that you helped...
No. That is not a trade because he did not give anything in exchange.

How I feel about it is MY personal business, unrelated to him.
I am and remain FREE to choose ANY emotion for myself,
regardless of what happened to him or to anyone.

Indeed, I coud feel that chosen emotion
if I gave him nothing, or if I stole his wallet.

The choice of emotions is exclusively mine.
In response to ANY event,
I can feel joy, or fear, or humor, sadness, or jealousy, or hate, or love;
the only limits r those of the imagination.
I can even ALTERNATE between and among different emotions,
if I decide to do so.


During my life, there have been times when I was exhilarated
by skillfully executed vengeance, e.g., in 1953, when we electrocuted the Rosenbergs. I was HAPPY about that.

In some transactions, there is an exchange, quid pro quo, but not always.





David
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
...lets side step and jump from this specific issue to Physics... as Lavoisier once said "Nothing is lost, nothing is created, all is transformed" meaning, energy, action and functions are all about trading ! You need him to beg in order to perform that inner function of feeling gratified...without him you are left with the walls and buildings around...no human landscape !...(you bet your ass is a trade all right)

...there´s no such thing in the entire Universe as you performing an action without getting anything in return !
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:59 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
...lets side step and jump from this specific issue to Physics...
as Lavoisier once said "Nothing is lost, nothing is created,
all is transformed" meaning, energy, action and functions are all about trading !
You need him to beg [He did NOT beg. He did not see me.] in order to perform that inner function
of feeling gratified...without him you are left with the walls and buildings around...no human landscape !...
(you bet your ass is a trade all right)
I accept the Law of the Conservation of Energy; no challenge.

Regardless, in my bedroom or backyard,
I can experience ANY emotion of my choice.
I don 't need him. There is nothing to stop me.





David
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:59 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
...and I will say more David :

..."God" (Universe) is a Darwinist and a Capitalist, he just happens to be a smart one !
(...don´t kill the "golden goose"...middle class that is...) (and promote everybody to get there bums included)
(...I call it the optimal most productive function for people to be in...)
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 09:03 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...and I will say more David :

..."God" (Universe) is a Darwinist and a Capitalist, he just happens to be a smart one !
(...don´t kill the "golden goose"...middle class that is...) (and promote everybody to get there bums included)
(...I call it the optimal most productive function for people to be in...)
I am not anti-middle class.
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 09:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
...it does n´t matter if you jump from the particular to the general...
...ultimately whatever you experience YOU need the World...there is no YOU without the WORLD to contrast with !
(again you either believe in the Law of conservation or you don´t)
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 09:11 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
...another interesting thought is that we all in fact need "beggars" around...just imagine how awful would be for us to be at the bottom of the food chain...even if in rich society´s beggars today have nothing to do with beggars 10.000 years ago...
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 09:16 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
...it does n´t matter if you jump from the particular to the general...
...ultimately whatever you experience YOU need the World...there is no YOU without the WORLD to contrast with !
(again you either believe in the Law of conservation or you don´t)
That law does not restrain me from experiencing ANY emotion of my selection.

I remember when I was c.9 years old.
I got a high fever, in bed.
I decided that I was delirious.
I decided to make the best of the situation.
I decided to hallucinate changes in the colors
of the paint in my bedroom. I did so.
After choosing a new color,
I SAW that new color on the walls, as per my decision.

I made it a point to change it back to the real color
b4 recovering my good health.

The same applies to selections of emotions.
Donee beneficiaries r not necessary to accomplish changes in emotions.





David
Fido
 
  0  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 09:25 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
...a fair reply all in all...one thing I like about you David at least you are coherent with your beliefs and you do believe something,
you have a cause, not just another zombie in the block...
Thank u.





DavidWhen ideology can pass for brains he will take the prize...
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 09:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
...ohhh damn...you need the f*** WALLS to hallucinate besides your own mind...
if you were all alone in free space (with nothing else but you) you would n´t even think any words or see any images or listen any sounds you would be brain death even if you skip the need for air food and water...
...YOU ARE PERMANENTLY TRADING INFORMATION WITH EVERYTHING !
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:24 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
...ohhh damn...you need the f*** WALLS to hallucinate besides your own mind...
if you were all alone in free space (with nothing else but you) you would n´t even think any words or see any images or listen any sounds you would be brain death even if you skip the need for air food and water...
...YOU ARE PERMANENTLY TRADING INFORMATION WITH EVERYTHING !
OK, next time I get delirious,
I 'll make it a point to hallucinate without the walls.
 

Related Topics

Lola at the Coffee House - Question by Lola
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
OBVIOUS TROLL - Question by Setanta
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
LOST & MISPLACED A2K people. - Discussion by msolga
Soon to be world traveler, Dog willing! - Discussion by Stacey the red baron
The Bah! Humbug! Christmas thread. - Discussion by msolga
A good cry on the train - Discussion by Joe Nation
Why all the Decryptonite stuff? - Question by Tes yeux noirs
Oh rest ye, Merry Gentleman - Discussion by jespah
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 08/02/2021 at 11:08:02