GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 05:03 pm
@ossobuco,
WHAT?! No, no, no, no ,no! That video is fantastic!

Its not excruciating, chessy, or false. Come on...

Maybe your looking at it too realistically. The video is suppose to be symbolic. Of course stuff doesnt happen exactly like that in real life but the message is 'If you're kind to someone and you help them out, then they're more likey to do the same for someone else.' Which is completely true I think.

I read that humans/people are naturally altruistic. Scientific fact. So, one small act of kindness can go a long way, dont you think? That's all the video is saying. I think its beautiful. Smile

Lustig Andrei

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 05:10 pm
@GracieGirl,
I'm with Osso on this. No way you're gonna get me to sit through a movie about -- of all people -- that Bieber kid.
GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 05:15 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Wasnt talking about the movie on the last post. I was talking about the video I'd posted alittle before that post. Smile

But still, dont knock it until you try it. I bet you guys barely know anything about him. Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 05:28 pm
@GracieGirl,
I haven't lived on skid row. Yet.

Re LA skid row -
I've a friend of my father's who wrote a book there many decades ago, after weaning himself from medical morphine.
I've the friend whose father died there.
I worked for a design firm that designed putative parks there.
Good friend is an architect who started designing very very tiny houses, while living and working a couple of blocks from the row - re what people need.
Knew the woman, Molly, though not well.

I have no patience for well meaningness as sweet from the well off.

This all probably sounds growling, but I try to be straight with my takes.

Videos do promote opinions, sometimes, if not always.
GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 05:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Ok, I get what your saying. And thats sad and all, but who says this video is about skid row? There's one homeless guys but he's just a character like any other character in this video. Its not specifically about homeless people or people who are less fortunate.

Its a video about kindness and how one nice thing can make a difference.

I get that its you're opinion and stuff but I just dont see how you can be soo negative about something thats soo positive and that sends such a great message.

I mean, come on. Open up your heart alittle. Dont be soo doom and gloom. Smile
sozobe

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 07:57 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
Definitely! But I still dont see why you guys think he looks ridiculous.

"Ridiculous" might not be the right word. The basic thing is that he looks young. So there's an automatic "ew" thing that kicks in, 'cause I'm not anywhere near his age.

Then there's the hair, yes, which is a style thing -- I know I've thought that boys and then men with certain hairdos (mohawks for example) looked amazing while older people thought they might be good-looking if they just got a haircut. He's got statement hair (less so now) and that's a plus for the younger set but a minus for the rest of us.
chai2

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:07 pm
Here's a song about skid row....

GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:19 pm
@sozobe,
Yeah, I get that. It would be weird if you guys were like "Oh yeah! He's hot" Haha!

His hair is beautiful and I loved how it was before he cut it. What dont you guys like about it? Mohawks are weird looking. Haha! Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:23 pm
@GracieGirl,
We'll talk about this again in thirty years.

I'll be even crankier.
GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:25 pm
@chai2,
That dude had some huge glasses and that ladys hair makes here head look like a mushroom.

chai2

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:29 pm
@GracieGirl,
You never saw "Little Shop of Horrors"?

It's classic.
GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Okay. 30 years it is. But I won for now! Razz Smile
GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:35 pm
@chai2,
Nope. I dont really watch too many old movies. Especially not the musical ones. I did watch one movie with my dad. It was about this giant plant that was destroying stuff. It was a musical I think. I dont remember what it was called. I didnt like it. LoL

Oh wait! *face palm* Yea, This is the movie Im talking about! I just didnt remember this part. All I remembered was a giant plant. Laughing But yeah, I've seen it with my dad. Weird.
Lustig Andrei

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:37 pm
@GracieGirl,
uh...Gracie...that was Little Shop of Horrors. You did see it. Sorry you didn't like it. I thought it was funny as hell.
ossobuco

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:39 pm
@GracieGirl,
To explain myself, I don't like phony orchestrated gooiness. I do appreciate real kindness.
GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:40 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah! I just realized that! I had to ask my dad. Laughing
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:43 pm
@chai2,
This was Audrey (mushroom head's) boyfriend before seymore (big glasses) saved her.

GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Yea, I understand. Everyone's different and I kinda see your point alittle.

I still think that video was really sweet and awesome. Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:56 pm
@chai2,
Hey! Motorcycle man is the guy from Cheaper By The Dozen! Steve Martin! Whoa this movie's really old.

HAHAHA!! Laughing

I love the part when he takes off his leather jacket and he's like "You'll be a den-tisssst and he punches that lady in the face! Haha! Im watching it with my sister and she kept replaying that part over and over! Hahahaha!! Laughing And then he breaks the doll's head off! The rest of it makes my teeth hurt just watching.
GracieGirl

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 09:03 pm
Hey, have you guys ever seen that movie Fido? Its when this kid has a zombie guy for a pet? Its kinda old, it came out like 6 years ago. I used to creep me out. My dad loves that one too.