I cry when I see my reflection

Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:42 pm
Ever scice I was a baby I was chubby and I was bullied at school for my appearance from reception, it was in year 5 that my mom started to knowtise me getting more and more depressed, I visited a friend of my moms who is a doctor and she recommended carnigie weight loss program, I went ahead to try it but if I'm honest I didn't even lose any weight I practically gained a little more , I started 2ndry school and yet again more bullying! I have tried the weight watchers diet with my mom and for us It hasn't worked … in my 13 years of life I have never had a boyfriend and boys never say anything nice to me. Everytime I see my reflection I get tears in my eyes because I know that only I can change my appearance , I never go out of the house now apart from school and when I go shopping With with my mom I am realy scared because of what people have said to me in the past , I am fed up with it now and I realy don't know what to do , I can't cope with it all any more . I worry about this every moment of my life and it is distracting me from my GCSE study's , can anyone / anything give me hope???

Rockhead

Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:46 pm
@Lonely girl 1998,
are you active at all?

it is much easier to lose weight if you are involved in some kind of physical activity.

even just walking in the park...
Lonely girl 1998

Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:49 pm
@Rockhead,
I no you would think that would work. I used to go to the gym every day after class and just go on the treadmills and the biked but it didn't work n it's annoying me so much !!!!
Ps : thanks for. Replying Smile
0 Replies

Green Witch

Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:51 pm
@Lonely girl 1998,
The good news is that you have a lot of time ahead of you to make your life into anything you can dream of. The bad news is some people just have a very hard time losing weight. Some people just are born with a slower metabolism than other people. You may never be thin, but you can be healthy by eating a good diet and being active. Not all boys want skinny girls and as you get older you will have more opportunities to meet more people. We tend to get more accepting of each other as we age, and I think as you get older you will find people will judge you for who you are and not just for what you look like.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 12 Sep, 2011 05:08 pm
Don't let it make you miserable, that you will likely never be slim. I assure you there are some good people out there, who do not care about your size. I for one have had more heavy girlfriends than small ones. It was usually their personality that I enjoyed most. If you hide in a shell, nobody will ever notice what a terrific person you are.
jespah

Tue 13 Sep, 2011 04:34 am
@edgarblythe,
Hang in there. Life does get better.

Exercise does help - even if it did not help in the past. It is a slow process (unfortunately) but even just walking will help a lot more than it will harm. The same is true of watching calories. The specific programs you have been on may not have worked, but that does not mean that eating an entire pizza in one sitting (I am not saying that you are doing that; this is just a for-instance) doesn't help, either.

One thing you should look into is your beverages. Stop drinking soda and drink water instead. Even diet soda can be problematic. Water is considerably better for you. If you don't like the taste of plain water, something like Crystal Light is fine.

Replace whatever snacks you are currently eating with fruit or cut up vegetables. Most people do not get enough fruits and vegetables and this will be a way for you to get ahead of everyone. Smile

And, talk to your pediatrician. Ask if she or he knows of programs you could join. Explain that what you have tried did not seem to work. Your doctor wants you to succeed and should have contacts in the area.

Best of luck to you. I was heavy for years and I know a lot of how you feel.
0 Replies

LoneWolf2981

Fri 30 May, 2014 03:49 pm
@Lonely girl 1998,
i think you should just exercise for example im 14 male and im skinny as all hell cause i run.................
i love running i play soccer but im trash at the sport but i just run and just dont eat alot of carb heavy food eat lean meat like turky and chicken
ok take it from a science nerd Wink
0 Replies

roger

Mon 2 Jun, 2014 02:21 am
Guys, the thread is 2 1/2 years old.
0 Replies

MaxPowers

Mon 16 Jun, 2014 09:12 am
@Lonely girl 1998,
I'm sorry about what you been through.
Now, I wouldn't recommend you to get on diet like the ones you described. what I would recommend you to do is to change your life style instead.
eat clean and healthy. stop all the bad habits you have. if you're overweighed is not because of genetics (...or just because) it's because you're not eating right, most likely too many fats, sugars, and carbs. your caloric intake it's higher than the calories your body is able to burn, so what you need to do is to start working out so you can spike your caloric need, eat healthy, count your calories, and get your body into a caloric deficit. that's the only way in which you will successfully lose weight.
Take advantage of how frustrated you're feeling and focus that in a positive way. there are MANY success stories you will be able to find online to stay motivated.
0 Replies