Are women becoming afraid of commitment?

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 08:17 pm
I think you may yet live to regret that comment......DIANE!!!! DIANE!!! COME HERE!!!! DYS HAS SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SHARE WITH YOU!!!!!!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 08:31 pm
You called?? Dys has been committed since August and seems quite content, although the stroke did put him offf his feed for a bit.

I think commitment fits him well and is a flattering condition. For as long as posssible, I will keep him committed and I'm committed to doing so for the rest of my life.

Sweet, naive Dys believes that most women are committed, not realizing that his perspective is from commitment, not the other way around.

Hee, hee, hee. Don't tell him how wrong he is.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 08:54 pm
Diane - sweetness and naivety are all, I believe, yours on this occasion.

I believe Dys meant committed, as in, to a mental institution.

'Twill be a test, of sorts, as to how ready he is to willingly acknowledge this, now! LOL!

C'mon, Dys, come back here and explain yourself, I dare ya!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 08:59 pm
ppppppppppppfffffffffffffffTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:03 pm
That SO was not an honest clarification! Out with it!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:20 pm
Deb, me dear, I did mean committed as in a mental institution. Poor thing doesn't realize that he got a crazy woman when we got together. I just try to keep it calm most of the time and tell him not to worry when I let 'er rip occassionally. He is so sweet that he doesn't have a clue that he is stuck, committed in a world of wackiness.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:40 pm
I have to say that I have been a little put off about commitment. I am less so now, in my mid-30s, but old habits are hard to change and I am more happy on my own than I used to be.

Most of my female friends are in their late 20s and 30s. Most of those women are involved seriously, engaged or married. But, that's just what I see now. 10 years ago most people I knew were either casually involved or single.

I think things change as people age. And I think that who you surround yourself with indicates which stage you're at. Want to find a mate, .OZ.? Look for single friends of married/commited people.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 08:02 pm
Oh, BTW, Deb, if 'you know who' gets too sassy, I'll give you a detailed description of why I call him sweet cheeks, pictures included. He sleeps very soundly, hee, hee, hee.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 09:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
not sure I understand the question, most all women I know are ready to be committed.

great one, made me laugh for the first time today. good to see you up and around dys. Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 01:59 am
Watch it, Owl....
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 02:33 am
.OZ.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't say I'm afraid of commitment. Fear doesn't come into it exactly. I have a hard time committing to anything actually! *grins* On the serious side, I'd love to find a guy that I could commit to and have a solid relationship with. It just isn't going to happen right now.

As some of the other ladies here have mentioned, the fact that women can support themselves and don't need a man for the "traditional" reasons means there is more freedom for a woman to be on her own. To quote a friend of mine, "I'd rather be alone than to be married to some loser. " Or to put it more kindly, I'd rather be alone than married to someone I'm not compatible with, or who is abusive or who, like my friend's sister's boyfriend, a lazy ass who couldn't find a job if it kicked him in the nuts.

Quote:
Oh. You've got commitment issues. Have a good trip.

That one made me laugh ehBeth!
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 04:06 pm
OZ....now you know how women have ALWAYS felt. I was always taught that men were walking hormones and to steer clear of them til they reach their 30's. And it's a good point you brought up. I guess you're right...more women these days are shying away from the "commitment" thing. We have become more independent. More women now have come from divorced homes....at least I have. And that instills a certain caution when it comes to dating and following thru with marriage.
However, there are lots of women out there looking to find the perfect one for them and their ultimate goal is to get married and have the wedding, family, life of their dreams. I suggest you go right now to an online dating forum and simply announce.....WILL YOU MARRY ME? See how many replies you get...LOL....I'm betting tons!!!!
0 Replies

kabby

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 11:47 am
Are women becoming afraid of committment
I don't know if this is an age specific thing in your age group but as some one who is almost twice your age (yikes) I believe that it could be a common thing. I know in my age bracket I am looking for someone who is willing to commit and am willing to do so myself. I am not sure if it is only women or if it is also prevalent in men in your age group. I think that society as a whole has less initiative to commit nowadays because of the divorce rates. I also think that as a whole people are more choosy whether female or male about whom they commit too. I am sure that in time you will find someone decent who will commit to you. Just keep the faith and keep on looking! Best of luck to you!
0 Replies