Child Support as Politics.

BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:22 pm
@CalamityJane,
But feel free Clanmityjane however to try to turn a man into an economic slave as that will just result in him fighting back.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:31 pm
@BillRM,
That's right. He doesn't owe his wife back income. He owes his CHILD back income.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:35 pm
@boomerang,
Exactly, boomer!!
-----

BillRM, it's not "a man" - it's the father of the child/ren. If he's not voluntary seeing to it that his children are taken care of, then the government has to step in and be the advocate for the children. Tough luck! I have no sympathy for you!
BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
Speaking of mortgages in most states all the banks can do is take your home not take you home and then come back against you for any balance remaining.

They can not have you lock up and even in the states where they can come against you for a remaining balance you can declared bankruptcy and wiped the debt.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:42 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
. He owes his CHILD back income

Not a dime does a man in a ongoing marriage owe either his wife or child if he had loss earning power!!!!!!!

So why in the hell should it be otherwise in a broken relationship?

Oh by the way do not give me the bullshit that the money is owe to the child as I never hear of a court demanding that a woman spend those funds for the benefit of the child.

They are her funds to do as she wish to do with them.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:48 pm
@CalamityJane,
Third or so comment if a man after a divorce won the lottery or in some other manner become far wealthy his ex-wife lawyers will be in court the next day to get more child support.

So if a man income go down that is just too bad for him he still need to come up with the funds but if his income go up his ex-wife can be in courts the next day for an increased in support.

Head you loss and tail I win it would seems.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:48 pm
Okay, that's enough BillRM ! We're not here to discuss your personal crusade
and vendetta against women and children. No more replies to you!
BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
Running away it would seem.........

Oh the whole current support system is unfair to everyone including the children and promote broken homes.

Just like in an ongoing marriage the money available to raised the children should depend on the join current incomes of both parents not on the man past earnings.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 01:11 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
We're not here to discuss your personal crusade
and vendetta against women and children. No more replies to you!

Well as a matter of fact I took care of two children that I was the step parent of as the two fathers was not paying their child support.

Not a dime from the state was taken for their care either as I foot eighty percents or more of the expenses of the household including the children.

In fact I suggested to my then wife that if the state did get some funds out of them that those funds would be best placed in a trust account for their future education and not toward the day to day running of the household that I was more the willing to fund myself.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 01:41 pm
You know I been laughing at these women on this thread that like to declare/label every male who think the current system of child support is crazy as dead beats and uncaring males when if involved women and children welfare.

Somehow I question if anyone of them had ever taken on the total finance burden of caring for children that was not their own.

I also question if they had ever raided their savings to purchase a large enough home for those children or move twenty miles further from their work in order to give the children a better environment to be raised in.

To me at the time the woman that I married and her children was a package deal and my responsible to love and care for.

The marriage sadly did not work out but the reasons for that had nothing to do with the children.
boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 01:45 pm
@BillRM,
Both CJane and I have adopted children so, yes, absolutely we have taken on the financial burden of a child not our own.

I think in both of our cases they were kids who weren't cared for by their original parents.
BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 02:03 pm
@boomerang,
It nice that you adopted children however then you were their legal parents with all the legal responsibility and rights of parenthood.

As a step parent I have the job of supporting the total family with zero rights of parenthood just to start with.

One of the fathers was an entertainer who traveled around Europe and good luck with CPS getting anything out of him.

The other man own a cash business and seem to be able to hide income with amazing skill.

Neither man visited or contact his child in the years of my relationship with their mother and then married to their mother.

So tell me another story as how well the child support system work and that being even more unfair to fathers is going to get more out of them or benefit the children in anyway.

People take care of children because of the emotional bonds between them and the children and the current system with it one purpose of getting funds 0ut of the men tend to destroy that bond.

The one man with the emotions bonds was the one man taking care of their needs not the two men with courts orders to do so.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 02:21 pm
@boomerang,
Footnote once my marriage went bad my ex-wife then locked me out of the children lives along with my parents that had assume a grandparent role to them.

My ex-mother-in-law cry to me over the phone concerning how badly her grandchildren were handling the break up and there was not a damn thing I could do about the matter.

No the welfare of children is not of first concern in the legal system to say the least.
JTT

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 02:26 pm
@ehBeth,
A real life candidate for the US Senate and you think A2K is some obscure website thru which the world won't, can't be changed, Beth.

It's obvious that 'small potatoes', we are not.

Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 03:07 pm
@BillRM,
And this is precisely why it is easy for step parents to legally adopt the children in question.

If you had taken that step you wouldn't be in this situation.
boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 03:13 pm
Oh -- and our son lived with us for 4 years before we were able to adopt him. We received not a single cent from anyone or anywhere.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 03:15 pm
Having a penis work doesn't mean there are no consequences.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 05:08 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
I think when you decide to have a child

Except in all cases, the father has no choice.
The woman decides if she wants to keep the child, or if she wants to abort it.
The woman decides if she wants to tell the father or not.

If you want a man to pay child support, he should have at least a 50-50 say in how that child is raised or if its born or not.
BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:50 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
And this is precisely why it is easy for step parents to legally adopt the children in question.

If you had taken that step you wouldn't be in this situation.

Oh yes and that was not what the lawyer told us unless the fathers was in agreement even with not paying their child support or not paying any attention to them.

Sorry removing any parent rights for another person to be able to adopt is a mountain to climb.

Oh for the record I was more then willing to had adopted both kids and did go talk to a lawyer about the matter with my then wife.
boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:30 pm
@BillRM,
You talked to a shitty lawyer -- or your position in the children's life was not so essential.

I know this because I talked to three shitty lawyers. Then I sat myself down and read the laws and found one that would work. Then I talked to four more lawyers before I found one that had any experience working with the right law. Then I adopted a child.

You are so totally barking up the wrong tree with me about this. I climbed that mountain and I totally know it can be done.

You're either bluffing or you weren't seriously committed to adopting.