CS Review: Does Obligee know Obligor put in request?

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 04:35 pm
About a year into my child support case, I was awarded social security disability. I was told at that time that I could request a review since my income was substantially decreased. I never did.

I owed arrears which are now fully paid off and still have the amount initially calculated (prior to becoming disabled) garnished from my SSDI every month.

According to my local state (ND) calculator, I should be obliged to pay about half of what I am currently paying.

I have not requested a review as of yet because I believe the money is put to good use for my child and have no issues/problems with my ex. However, I too, could really use the extra money.

My question is this: If I request a review now (it's been almost 4 years since first calculation), will my ex (the obligee) know that it was me who requested the review? Or will it just come in the mail that a review is being done?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 878 • Replies: 0
No top replies