NY Court hearing adjustment to CT ordered Child Support

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2021 11:37 am
Hi- I was divorced in CT after moving to NY with my two kids. My ex stayed in CT. I was awarded $1500 a year (not a month) for child support. Circumstances have changed, he makes more, I make less. I filed for an adjustment in NY family court and have a hearing in April. My question is, can the NY magistrate even modify or change the original child support order? Or is this a waste of time/money?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 236 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2021 02:49 pm
I'm not a lawyer, but I think you have to address the court that issued the original child support order.
0 Replies
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2021 02:53 pm
I would suggest seeing a lawyer. You can pay $100 or so for an hour of his time (a free session tends to be a sales pitch). I have done this a couple of time, and paying a lawyer for a single hour has always been helpful, since you are paying the lawyer will give you professional answers.

Prepare your questions and bring all of the financial information you have for both you and him, and the lawyer will tell you if you should proceed.

$1,500 a year is not much at all. I am paying over $1,500 a month.
0 Replies

Related Topics

My child's father just has cancer - Question by SARAHBROWN
fighting child support - Discussion by dale humphrey
Child support help - Question by cp8204
Child Support as Politics. - Discussion by JP Cusick
A Dad in Total Distress - Discussion by feliz1965
Calculate Child Support - Question by i98
Child Support HELP please - Question by Daycakes
  1. Forums
  2. » NY Court hearing adjustment to CT ordered Child Support
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/18/2021 at 02:46:10