CA child support agency terminated my case before child turned 18?

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 12:07 am
I recently received a letter from DCSS, county of orange stating the following:

"Dear B***** B******:

This letter is to let you know that on 05/10/2020 the local child support agency terminated child support services and closed the support case for the children listed below:

L***** T*****....etc,etc..."

What reasons would they have for closing the case before the child turns 18?

-He is only 13.
- I tried logging into Customer Connect, and got the response: "The info entered does not match our records"
- When i mentioned this to the mother, her response was: "They mentioned it had something to do with having an invalid mailing address on file"
Could this be true? If so? would it wipe out what i owe, making my balance $0 or $301?? (See below)
- When i contacted DCSS by phone, they said i had two mailing addresses on file - my current address, and my previous address. Ive received plenty of statements to my current address. They also said that they showed me owing 2 different amounts of money: $0.00, and $301.00. Either way, i previously owed upwards of $49,000! They also said that information on the case closure was confidential and would not tell me why the case was closed.
-No DNA has been taken
- i defaulted on the paternity hearing
-i knew nothing of the kid until he was 2 weeks old
-the mother most recently asked me to sign paperwork to have the childs last named changed (to her husband's whom she has been married to since 1 month after the child was born)

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

San Diego Guy, 37
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 760 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:36 pm
You need to find a family lawyer so you can see the judgement that changes your support order.

So you don’t have to pay anymore? If the child support case has been closed, then something happened that changed the requirement to pay support. (It has nothing to do with your address change. )

Was your parental rights dropped? new husband accepted custody by adoption of your child?
0 Replies

  1. Forums
  2. » CA child support agency terminated my case before child turned 18?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 03/04/2024 at 11:58:50