Palestinian Solidarity Campaign disrupts Israeli Concert. Yeah!!!

georgeob1

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:21 pm
@Setanta,
I didn't raise the issue of eternal justice at all. Rather I addressed the conditions required for key players in the game to conclude that progress can be accomplished with tolerable risk, and for spectators to express their interest in justice in a way that can do more than merely satisfy the prejudices of those who accept no responsibility for the consequences of their demands.

It was neither prating nor shallow.
Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:23 pm
@georgeob1,
I wasn't responding to your post, O'George, but rather to the series of posts from another member. Don't assume that yours is the only voice i hear in this thread.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:25 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Quote:
The world needs a Zionist State so decent people do not have to ever emotionally deal with another Holocaust.

Bullshit.

Decent people don't include Zionists who rob and murder Palestinians. Israel will never be a "decent" nation so long as it continues to rob, oppress and murder Palestinians.

I said decent people of the world, not decent as it relates to Israel.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:39 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Once again, an injustice done to one does not legitimize injustice done to another.

Or, maybe it does from the vantage point of those who accept that the world has an intractable mental illness called Jew Hatred, and it moves from place to place like the flu? Sixty years ago it was in Europe; today it is in the Middle East.

By the way, no one is asking you to legitimize anything. In other words, your ethical beliefs count for little in the power politics of the world. And, the concerns for the plight of the poor Palestineans could be, in some cases, a smoke screen for the old Jew bullying that may not be acceptable today, in the same way it existed in the first half of the 20th century?

You see, I believe that in the western world anti-Semitism still exists, while anti-Arab feelings are sort of diffused by their greater numbers.
Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:46 pm
@Foofie,
No, your paranoia, resentment and hatreds notwithstanding, injustice done to one does not legitimie injustice done to another.

As for power politics, if Israel one day pays the price of the arrogance and hubris of its successive governments, i don't doubt i'll be able to hear you howling from here.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:52 pm
I wasn't going to post this, since it is sort of inflammatory for arguably good reason, but, hey -

from the San Francisco Chronicle today (yes, foof, there is another city or two out there besides New York) - but getty photos are all over the press.

'Newly homeless: A Palestinian Bedouin girl lies on her family's bedding after Israeli army bulldozers razed their shacks and tents near the Jewish settlements of Maaon and Karmel in the West Bank village of Umm al-Kheir.'
Photo: Hazem Bader / AFP / Getty Images

http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2011/09/08/ba-worldipad0909_0504098958.jpg

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 06:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Do you really think that this image is inflammatory?

The young girl is alive and notwithstanding the trauma of having all of her fanily's possessions thrown into a pile, it hardly compares to the trauma of Israeli settlers having their children gunned down by Palestinian zealots.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 06:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The settlers are in the wrong place.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Sez you, but this has nothing to do with the image you posted with the belief that it might influence some opinions.
fresco

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 12:18 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy,

To get back to your OP about disruption of the Proms, I suggest that as long as you maintain that the "right to exist" issue is "just a smokescreen", you will get nowhere in your campaign for "justice". It should be clear that until the "existence issue" is acknowledged, the Israelis will simply become more intransigent in their hold of territory. They are not fools. Unlike some of their neighbours they have no infantile fantasy of martyrdom to extend a bloody struggle. And what you call "negotiation in bad faith" is more likely to be "negotiation with an expectation of futility".

So the "Jaw Jaw" on our part should be aimed at 1. recognition and 2. justice. The second is predicated on the first.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 01:10 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

it hardly compares to the trauma of Israeli settlers having their children gunned down by Palestinian zealots.

Substantially more Palestinian children have been gunned down by Israeli zealots than the other way round.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 01:14 am
@fresco,
Yes you're right. What was Tony Blair thinking about, when he did not get Gerry Adams to drop calls for a United Ireland? We better rip up the Good Friday agreement and shut down Stormont. The peace process is an unmitigated disaster. Let's go back to internment and bombs going off in Manchester shopping centres.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 03:02 am
For anybody who might have missed it, the reality of the situation:

http://able2know.org/topic/177183-1

The main piece of the problem by far is the UN and its subsidizing of the "palestinian" breeding program in the Gaza strip.

IzzythePOOP says: Why be a fart when you could be a real turd: Join the bowel movement today!!
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:17 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I think we do not agree that within the Gentile collective unconscious there is a dormant dislike of differentness of people, that historically reacted at times violently against Jews.

There is not something specific to the 'Gentile unconscious' that results in anti-semitism specifically. Rather there is an ugly part of human nature that uses minorites as scapegoats, it also helps ruling elites blame someone else for their own shortfalls. For the last two thousand years Jews have been the most visible minority in Europe, which is why they received the most prejudice. Other minorities, most particularly the Roma suffered as well. The Israeli settlers are quite capable of demonstrating their own intolerance towards those that are different as well.

The way forward is not to succumb to your racist invective, but rather to respect the human rights of all groups.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 05:17 am
With phrases like Palisavage, Slammite and breeding programme Gunga proves he's just a nasty little bigot with a KKK fixation.
fresco

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 06:27 am
@izzythepush,
I don't recall the IRA threatening dance in the streets of Belfast having swept the protestant settlers into the sea, but maybe I'm wrong.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 06:30 am
@ossobuco,
First off that photo looks dreadfully staged. Quilts/blankets neatly folded, boxes/cartons supposedly bulldozed out but not a crushed corner on any of them. In the upper right, with all the neatly stacked and folded quilts, a table turned on its side leaning partially upside down against the stack, seems highly unrealistic things fell that way if bulldozed.

Second, Bedouins are by nature nomadic. Trying to become settlers, in permanent housing goes against who they've always been. This is said not to negate their treatment, which times has been unjust.

Third, the Bedouins often build without permits, these structures can be dangerous to them, they often set up camp with animals grazing in protected areas, fair warning is given and the are advised to decamp. Additionally, Israel has programs and allotments for the Bedouins...there is a Committee for Advancement of Bedouin Affairs, monies have been set aside to assist them in integrating into the country.

For more visit: www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org
further go to www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Society_&_Culture/Bedouin.html
fresco

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 06:44 am
@izzythepush,
I don't recall the IRA threatening dance in the streets of Belfast having swept the protestant settlers into the sea, but maybe I'm wrong.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 07:09 am
@fresco,
I suppose the threat of riverdance would have derailed the process.

I have to say I have a sneaking suspicion that you've taken this stance purely to pick a fight with Setanta. What he said about your interpretation of Washington Irving must have rankled, but contrariness for contrariness' sake doesn't help anyone.
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 09:09 am
@gungasnake,
Izzy so has your number, gunga. You're looking way more desperate than you normally do.