Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Atom Blitzer

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 06:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
I have recently found gospel music interesting. So maybe some christian denomination. I'm not sure which. Got any suggestions.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 06:30 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Well I will be honest, I may not be very good when it comes to recommendations but I always seem to enjoy this preacher's preaching on Sunday mornings. Cool

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 01:26 am
@reasoning logic,
I've started a thread on freedom of speech about that very thing. That is the video, it's badly acted, full of lies, and has no purpose other than to vilify a whole section of people.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 02:43 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That's it? To everyone ? Smile Not goooood enough....

spendius

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:13 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Some say there be two main defects of wit, error and ignorance, to which all others are reduced; by ignorance we know not things necessary, by error we know them falsely. Ignorance is a privation, error a positive act. From ignorance comes vice, from error heresy,

Robert Burton. 1577--1640.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 02:37 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Quote:
I guess you don't like rap music.

It is not that I do not like rap music but I will be honest the majority of it seems to be mentally retarded in my opinion but I do know of some rappers that are intellectual in my opinion.

How about a little rap that might fit in with Halloween?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 02:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
If we're posting weird music videos you might like this.

spendius

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 02:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
Why would an irreligious person have any interest in Halloween and 48 days before the event at that?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually Izzy I think that the video that you shared was very well put together. I wish that I could understand the language because it would have made it that much better, "the only words that I could understand were sexy lady.

What did you think about the video I shared? Did you give it the time of day?
farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:00 pm
@izzythepush,
or not
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:03 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Why would an irreligious person have any interest in Halloween

Are you suggesting that Halloween is only for religious people?
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 04:48 pm
@spendius,
Are you suggesting that only religious people find an interest in demonic thing? Twisted Evil
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 04:54 pm
@spendius,
How can an error be heresay, if it is a positive act?
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 04:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
It's a harvest thanksgiving festival. You just like filling your mind with deamonic images. Walpurgis is what you're looking for when the witches ride the broomsticks.

Get a grip man and knock off trying to parlez a useless education into an expertise. It really shows you know.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 04:58 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
It's a harvest thanksgiving festival.

What is it that is being harvested spendius?
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:01 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Ignorance my dear is like a bimbo not knowing why she is being shagged whereas error is her thinking she positively does but is mistaken.
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
The harvest.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:09 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
How can an error be heresay, if it is a positive act?

Quote:
Ignorance my dear is like a bimbo not knowing why she is being shagged whereas error is her thinking she positively does but is mistaken.

Erm... So, she thinks it was an error to shag him a mistake, yet she did it, in a positive manner, act..so she is ignorant.. Yeah, right, ok, I get it Smile What about ignorance is like a guy, shagging a girl knowing that she is thinking it would turn out positive but knowing it was purely a mistake from the beginning, my dear.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:10 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
The harvest

OK I have a some what understanding, Maybe you would like to complete it?

Walpurgis has its roots in ancient pagan customs, superstitions and festivals. At this time of year, the Vikings participated in a ritual that they hoped would hasten the arrival of Spring weather and ensure fertility for their crops and livestock. They would light huge bonfires in hopes of scaring away evil spirits.

But the name "Walpurgis" comes from a very different source. In the 8th Century, a woman named Valborg (other iterations of the name include Walpurgis, Wealdburg and Valderburger) founded the Catholic convent of Heidenheim in Wurtemburg, Germany. She herself later became a nun and was known for speaking out against witchcraft and sorcery. She was canonized a saint on May 1, 779. Since the celebration of her sainthood and the old Viking festival occurred around the same time, over the years the festivals and traditions intermingled until the hybrid pagan-Catholic celebration became known as Valborgsmässoafton or Walpurgisnacht - Walpurgis Night.