This might be the day (I have found out about trouble)

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 06:57 pm
I whined a while back about my trouble, with both hands, on some turnings, what I thought were ligaments type stuff. Most people said 'get used to arthritis'. Including my primary doc. I've mild arthritis, but my hand joints do not hurt.

I handled that by going to a UNM facility and getting reviewed by what seemed like a key guy re carpal tunnel et al, and my later lab procedure by another md there, who told me my stuff could be from a half dozen things, but not cp. Not carpal tunnel.
I had a thread about it, or at least a bunch of posts.
Anyway, I still owe them money for all that. The point is, it was not that many months ago when they examined my hands carefully.
I haven't yet chased down the date - I'd just have to look at my bills.

At this point, I'd like to read what they saw, as melanoma is ringing in my ears.
How long has that been in your palm, she said today.

I'm not a sue type person, trust me, that has been tested.

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Who said, a doctor?

When will you have some results?

(Fervently hoping it's not trouble.)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Good gravy Osso. Did I understand it correctly? Do the doctors suggest you have melanoma on your hand(s)?

Hope I'm reading it wrong. Or that you just misinterpreted their diagnosis.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:17 pm
A friend of mine had knee surgery, so he was seen by many Drs over the course. And therapy afterwards.

It was only after he went back for his final check-up with his GP did the Dr. see a spot of melonoma about 5 inches above the knee. Multiple surgeries followed.

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:19 pm
@ossobuco,
I hope it turns out to be just a spot, osso.

Also, you should be able to get your results of the previous tests. Even if you still owe them money.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
My primary thinks it is. Not that she said so, exactly, but every word once she looked at it was very geared to help me.

I now have to figure out what to do fast.

She gave me advice.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:32 pm
@JPB,
Yeh, but the previous tests by an md were about whether my muscles responded. I'm saying if my hand held a melanoma this guy would have noticed. But, not to knock the guy, I didn't either, until quite recently.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Hopefully, she is just being cautious. If not, the fact the guy didn't notice it might mean it wasn't there or as noticeable? So, if it is something bad they will catch it quickly. I am sending all my good thoughts to you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:43 pm
@JPB,
That's true. I am less interested in that pile of folk since they didn't send me any kind of report.

Maybe my hand problem was from too much butterfly catching.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:45 pm
Also sending all my good thoughts your way. Karma power, GO!!!

Cycloptichorn
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Not to be mushy, I like you, Cyclo.

I'm not clear yet if I am being extremely dramatic or relatively well tempered.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:25 pm
I'm the one who added Freckles to the tags. The distinctions matter.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:30 pm
Have you searched google images for pictures of melanoma?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes.

I don't know, of course.

My doc changed demeanor on seeing it.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Good luck.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:48 pm
I don't have any personal experience with melanoma, but I have a friend in Florida who has had a number of melanoma spots removed, over at least ten years, and is still doing fine--too much hot tropical sun. So don't get too bent out of shape before you know the whole story--it's usually pretty treatable, from what I understand.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
I agree with that, MJack. I endeavor to keep temperate while I like to make noise.

I take it palm presentation is not good, but I'm avoiding reading about it lately.
(kidding, I do read)

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:31 pm
I don't know about palms specifically, but apparently they can manifest in areas not directly affected by sun. She said she'd had several removed from areas that never tanned.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
Right.

I don't mean to flume up a gathering.

Actually, last thing I want to do.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:57 pm
Osso, PLEASE DON'T BE APOLOGETIC. You have absolutely no need to be. A diagnosis of any kind of cancer is terribly scary to have, and it'll shake you up, there's no way around that. I wasn't trying to minimize it, just telling you that frightening as it is, you shouldn't give up hope because chances are good it'll be very treatable. Good luck, we're all in your corner.