This might be the day (I have found out about trouble)

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:38 am
@ossobuco,
No way - you can't out-whine me!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:41 am
@ossobuco,
Maybe it is the speciality? I see a dermotologist (sp?) every year - I have alot of birth marks and freckles so it is recommended I see him annually.

Any way he is hyper and funny and happy all the time. He gets so excited about these these moles and birth marks. He seems a bit too happy all the time. But you can tell he really is into his work. Each year, he has a new "news item" in medicine that he suggests to me. Last year was vitamin D and how important it is to overall health.
roger

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 01:34 pm
@Linkat,
New birthmarks? Isn't that kind of self-contradictory?
Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 01:39 pm
@roger,
Did I say New? If so, I didn't mean to - I do have this huge one on my back.

I like this doctor as he is the first who has said not to remove it. Most, that is the first thing they say - lets get rid of that sucker. And I'd ask why is it a problem? And they'd say No - but its big.

This doctor said it is not the type likely to have a problem/be cancerous and if I were to remove it, where it is located it'd be a scar. I agreed with him that a scar would be more unslightly than a birth mark and it is one on those things that is part of me/makes me a bit different - now I suppose if I were to get involved in criminal activity though it would be a great way to identify me.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 02:53 pm
@Linkat,
So, I got the results. One was an actinic keratosis - which I've had before, one of those precancer things, and they got it all.
The other is a basal cell carcinoma, and I go back in two weeks to have another dig, stitches, and pathology tests.

In contrast to how I started the thread, Miz Apprehension on Two Feet, I'm relaxed about this. It'll be taken care of, it's an early catch.

I blame it on Zuma Beach, somewhere around 1960.... beautiful place then.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 05:32 pm
@ossobuco,
That's relatively good news and almost exactly the same as what my two skin cancers were diagnosed as when biopsied. I had the keratosis removed and biopsied and it has never come back. The basal cell took two attempts before it was finally banished for good. Of course, it was considerably larger and deeper than what you have.

Glad you feel relaxed about it.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 05:40 pm
@Butrflynet,
Hi, Butrfly. I've had the actinic things before, back when I routinely could afford to see a dermo. It's odd, losing what I remember as excellent medical care - though for decades I always paid through the nose as a single payer - and now being glad to just have stuff caught at all.

I'm odd (besides the obvious) in that I have had incredibly good medical care, a surgery that ruined my life, and later very good care including the superb -

as an insured person and later - an oldie trying to get along on little.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 06:40 pm
@ossobuco,
OK,that sounds pretty good!

The friend who gets a bunch lopped off at intervals has the basal cell carcinoma, I think.

Another friend definitely had basal cell carcinoma and definitely had it lopped off successfully, no ill effects except a not-very-big scar.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:01 pm
@sozobe,
Well, that's my take. I can deal.

Melanoma was what freaked me.

So. what I am seeing is not much.

Drama queen rests.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 01:29 am
@ossobuco,
I'm pleased it's (relatively) good news. Go out and do something crazy to celebrate like have a cup of tea and a bun.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 02:02 am
@ossobuco,
That's pretty good news, osso.
I'm really pleased for you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 03:20 am
@ossobuco,
Breathing a sigh of relief. If you ain't worried, I ain't worried.

Why not have a lump day? I love dem.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 04:29 am
@ossobuco,
So glad your fears have been eased. My grandfather had the occasional skin cancer burned off for about thirty years. He was 98 when he died.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 05:15 pm
So today was the dig for the known baby carcinoma. I heard all about the doc's accident the day before as related to air bags as he did the stitches. Not that I don't like him - just enjoying differences. I'm getting to like this guy.

I prefer my preferred eye surgeon, quiet, thoughtful, most of the time, but with tangent talking sometime prompted by me, with the great music and wit and reassurance in surgery, and kindness in or out of surgery. But, he's hard to beat. I'd probably vote for him, no kidding.

but back to my lip, where I'd noticed nothing...

I've posted this afternoon with an upper slimy fish lip on the Dys thread.
I told Diane it was like a piece of liver resting on my lower lip.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 12:28 pm
@ossobuco,
So I got the stitches out and a clean report re basal cell carcinoma cells in the path slide(s). Good then.

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 12:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 12:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Brilliant chuck, have a drink to celebrate. I know I will. (I was going to anyway, but now I've got an excuse.)
Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 12:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Yay!
Mazel tov!
Molto bene!

May all your future growth be of the personal type.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 01:04 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

So I got the stitches out and a clean report re basal cell carcinoma cells in the path slide(s). Good then.

I missed all this. But it's good, right?
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:07 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Yippie, that's good news!!
0 Replies