This might be the day (I have found out about trouble)

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:09 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

So I got the stitches out and a clean report re basal cell carcinoma cells in the path slide(s). Good then.

Very good. Very glad to hear this.

Putting my hoper in lower gear.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:11 pm
@izzythepush,
That's good, guy.

I'm going to have to work up a name for you, besides, y'know, scamp-multiplied.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:14 pm
@ossobuco,
alrighty then...

this is so verra good to read ((Osso))
x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:25 pm
@Tai Chi,
It's definitely good.

I'm still watching the dogdamned palm freckle. Look at your palms, have you ever seen a dark freckle there? I'm ignorant re statistics on that, after doc was adamant it was nothing. See him in 6 months.

Butrfly asked about any next appointments. Said 6 mos. and I pointed to the freckle. She said it looked larger.
I'd seen it cross a palm line before, but it's darker on the left bank now. Maybe it was the light. Is this freckle behavior? I suppose I'm in for more research on this.

I have a history of being an aggressive patient working out well. I'm either a fool about a stupid freckle or smart to watch and research. I think I may try to get a UNM clinic appt. as a backup (bound to be months away).

But anyway, no immediate agita' - just talking out loud. People reassured me on this thread earlier about how many cope with this stuff, which I thank you all for.
Izzie

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:30 pm
@ossobuco,
OK, have you got any grease proof paper (well, tracing paper would be better)

For the mole I had removed I had to trace around it to see how it was changing in size... and take a photograph for change in colour - do that in similar lighting conditions and as up close and personal as you can get in focus. Might be worth a go.

<looks at palms, no freckles, turns hands over... Shocked but then I'm freckly Wink

<oh, and remember we were talking about S-boy's sneezing way back - (ok ok, so it was a long time ago... up to 27 now ... and he's half alseep, falls asleep, sneeze, rinse and repeat - bless him x 27>
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Great news, osso! Big sigh of relief for you!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:43 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I'm still watching the dogdamned palm freckle. Look at your palms, have you ever seen a dark freckle there?

No, BUT, I have one on the sole of my foot. Have forever. Sozlet does too, which makes no sense really as I don't think freckle locations are genetic.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:48 pm
@Izzie,
They took a photo at the dermatologist's. Staring at it, it's a mm. past the palm line now. Not in this short a time, as I saw it past it before the first appointment, just not quite as dark. So what, if it's a freckle, which they seemed sure it is. I'll put back up in place, just in case.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:49 pm
@Izzie,
Not quite remembering our discussion, but I used to sneeze that much. Cats. Sneezing annoying to self and others.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 03:53 pm
@sozobe,
Thanks Soz, as that's another place melanoma presents (where did I read that, duh). Figuring freckles do too.

I think I'll relax and not go sturm and dranging.
0 Replies