This might be the day (I have found out about trouble)

roger

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
You're a Champ.

And yes, I'm relieved, too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:52 pm
Me too.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 03:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Great news, osso!

I can hear that giant exhale from here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 03:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Checking back in - definitely glad to exhale with everyone.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Yay!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:39 pm
@Butrflynet,
Ah, but total palm presence was more like approaching a year, much of it grey though. Snorts - that sounds defensive, but, but, but, I worried it was a beginner, not when it was grey - the worry was the fairly sudden - not coinciding with BVT's post, but just before that - and then continued very darkness and sort of beginning raggedy edge that made my nose twitch, and then read that melanoma often presents in the palm, and, I gather, soles of feet. (See BVT, not too long ago.)

I'm odd in that I've been around really good medical practice and now it is more catch as catch can or cannot. A culture change - but complex one in that I had a bad surgery back at the end of having (high deduct) insurance, which resulted in four more of those, and some good care while in N. Mexico as a clinic person.

My antennae can be off, but I've been a lucky one so far.
I've not really spent a life worried about melanoma, my big sun exposure being when I was young and even more dumb as a paleface but tempered as I got older. One day I'll show y'all a pic of me in a black velvet bikini in Mexico, surely the cause of all this recent trouble afoot.

Meantime, I liked the doctor. As I said to Bfly, kind of manic. (I suppose you can get that way faced with a patient who is in worry wildness, if presenting as a mildly jolly/serious quipper. We talked about my shoes and foot powder (he was looking at the soles of my feet). Told me at the foot inspection that he noticed my deposited shoes as he came in the door (he knocked) and thought they were cute. I've had other talks with doctors about my shoes. Danskos from GoodWill, with a kind of animal skin like look. My female eye surgeon wore danskos, noticed mine right away, dansko women hands around the world - I bet they all have high arches.)

Bfly said he had had skin cancer himself. He was a primo charmer, but I like him despite that. Also liked the nursing assistant or whatever her position is. She was quick and on the ball.
msolga

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
So, good news. Not melanoma in the palm.

Excellent, osso, Excellent!
Have a glass of bubbly on me! Smile
Quote:
Two possible skin cancers on face, but that disturbs me much less, even if the biopsies come out positive. Results in about a week.

Fingers crossed that that they prove to not be a problem, too.
Pemerson

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:50 pm
@msolga,
Oh, how about that! You must feel 10 pounds lighter. So happy for you, os
mismi

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Glad to hear this Osso. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:02 pm
@Pemerson,
I do. I'm off being giddy.

Thank you all for being here to enjoy the denouement with me.

Now I want to go back to BVT's post. He's an emotional poster similar in ways to myself. But - - I've never worn leopard tights. Just some horrendo flowered ones.

This is all lightweight re what Robbie and Izzie deal with.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:28 pm
@ossobuco,
So, here's Bear's/BVT's thread.
So much less dramatic than mine....

http://able2know.org/topic/173896-1
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:52 pm
Late checking in, but smiling. Good to have good news.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 06:04 pm
Glad to hear it, Osso! Whew!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 06:52 pm
I am chiming in here with the others, glad things are looking promising, osso!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 08:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
The embarrassed one answers..

I'll be back to whine on another subject later.

I like that we care.
msolga

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 08:56 pm
@ossobuco,
No need to be embarrassed, osso. Smile

Hugs to you.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 09:38 pm
@ossobuco,
From the Albuquerque The Magazine article about him:

http://www.riograndedermatology.com/pdf/ATM_RevisedTopDocPages.pdf

Quote:
Why did you choose your specialty? When I was a fourth year medical student with
my career path set on orthopedic surgery, my wife, also a medical student at the time,
identified a worrisome lesion on my back that turned out to be an early melanoma. She
saved my life. The experience made me aware of the need for dedicated dermatologists
to detect and treat these potentially lethal skin cancers. I changed from ortho to
derm and I believe that my experiences as a dermatology patient make me a better
dermatology physician.

I think he'll be a good match for you, both with his great sense of humor and his own personal experience with skin cancer. I like both of the doctors there a great deal.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 10:04 pm
Ok, he and I can brat at each other. I liked him. I told Diane he might have been manic or on coke. That's false, I know nada about coke except by hearsay. But, he was the most perky physician I've seen in a long time.

However, I liked all of his questions, he was very astute. And his aide was astute.

This is not to dispell a cloud on a good place. I am just talking about my day.
mckenzie

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 12:39 am
@ossobuco,
Very happy to hear the news, Osso. You were right to be concerned. Obviously, the other doctor was, too.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 01:04 am
@mckenzie,
Well, I dunno, re my own palm thing, but I think concern is useful in the long run.
McKenzie, I always love to see you and your doggie. Seriously cheers me up.
0 Replies