This might be the day (I have found out about trouble)

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 01:32 am
@Roberta,
No, but she told me to hurry the **** up, in so many words, re making contacts and gave me names. She just about cried when I nattered at her for the clinic making me wait six weeks to see her. Her words, make sure the person you talk to writes down what you say (I had thought it was melanoma back then and said so). It was written as look at her hand. Hard to fault the person writing that either. They work very hard under pressure and are not stupid, but are not medically educated.
I was medically educated early but that was unusual.

l like her and vice versa. She handles an extreme load of indigent patients.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 02:07 am
@mckenzie,
Thank you, mckenzie. I wish you would post more. Not to natter at you.
Roberta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 02:08 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

No, but she told me to hurry the **** up, in so many words, re making contacts and gave me names.

I had one of those hurry the **** up discussions with a doctor. I did. Not caught early, but not too late.

Doing a major oy for you, osso.

I'll be with you all the way, kid.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 02:11 am
@Roberta,
Dunno.

Probably.

Don't get me going on money.
Roberta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 02:13 am
@ossobuco,
**** money.

You'll do what you gotta do.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 02:41 am
@Roberta,
We cross posted, but, yes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 02:54 am
@Roberta,
(Did I ever mention I love you, Robbie? I suppose not. Well, I do, get over it.)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 02:57 am
@ossobuco,
Interestingly, my doc and I had a ballsy broad talk. She seems to like me. So it goes.
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 04:55 am
Just letting you know, I'm following and thinking of you....
jespah

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 05:35 am
@Linkat,
Oy from here, too.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 05:52 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

(Did I ever mention I love you, Robbie? I suppose not. Well, I do, get over it.)

As a matter of fact, you did mention it. Not the kind of thing I'm likely to forget.

Love you, too, kid.

I'm going to sleep before I have to get up.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 03:43 pm
I'm holding your hand too Osso, either one is good - you can get as cranky as you like as often as you like - but here and OYing for you

lovin' you - I'm on a ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm...
x
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 04:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Jo you were the first person I talked to on this forum, I’m thinking about you tonight and wishing all is well my friend.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 04:26 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm a bit confused.

You need more tests, but the doctor you saw is concerned it might be melanoma?

Or do you have a diagnosis?

Either way, I'm with the hand holders!
Eva

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 04:34 pm
Following...and hoping this turns out to be a minor inconvenience for you, Jo, and nothing more.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 04:51 pm
@dlowan,
No biopsy yet.
UNM derm clinic told me they wouldn't see me until December unless I had a physician's referral. Thus my seeing my ordinary clinic doctor, and that appointment was a 6 week wait. That doc, yesterday, pushed me to get it seen by a dermatologist post haste.
Her office has called UNM, and will call me with a date - but she is not optimistic they will see me soon even with her referral.
She gave me the name of two dermatologists she respects - called them today, offices closed til Monday.

Naturally, I'll go where I can be seen earliest.

I see I was very fond of my a2k pals last night. Well, in the light of day it's still true, though I was quite the emotional poster.

On top of everything, I must have gotten some white wine into my keyboard, and it is giving me swarms of letters I didn't type, thus every sentence calls for erasures. Grrrrrr.
Pemerson

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 08:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi Osso, just caught this thread, read the whole thing but it's confusing. Doctors are confusing because they are always in a hurry now. Does that thing look like a cyst in your palm? Here's me thinking hard that it's something simple like a planter's wart? I had one removed from my palm years (and years) ago, then one on my foot bottom.

Anyhow, I'll be thinking about you getting that appointment mighty quick. You got lotz of friends here. We're powerful thinkers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 08:25 pm
Osso, I also hope all is ok - that this turns out to be an ugly freckle. Know that you have a heard of people here expecting to have news of appointments made on Monday......
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 09:00 pm
@ossobuco,
If you have trouble getting seen immediately, try Rio Grande Dermatology. They have two locations, Rio Rancho and ABQ. The RR one is right across from Intel.

That's the place I first went to on recommendation from BBB's primary care doc. I got seen immediately; even without insurance and they reduced the bill quite a bit to help. The total cost of the visits and biopsies was under $75. When it came back, she referred me to UNM's Cancer Center to Dr. Padilla for the surgical removal.

Here's their website:

http://www.riograndedermatology.com/

I've been seen by both Drs. Ortiz and Carey and I think they are both top notch.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:09 pm
Osso, I've just become aware of your worry, Dear lady I hope
and wish for the best for you.
I hope the news will be good and I hope you will get it soon.
Osso I just know you'll be ok, you're just way too nice not to be.
Good Luck, G.