Embarrassed (again) about being a Texan.

DrewDad

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 01:40 pm
@H2O MAN,
I only need to look at you to see the outcome of being fucked in the head.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 02:32 pm
@DrewDad,
DewDad, wash the sand from your vagina and quit embarrassing yourself.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 02:40 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

...my head and stomach hurt after watching that.

and i will almost bet my bottom dollar, we are staring at the new president of the US..

talk about sick to the stomach..
Below viewing threshold (view)
shewolfnm

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 02:53 pm
@H2O MAN,
so?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 05:15 pm
My one piece of advice to Barack Obama in re: Rick Perry
Aug 15th, 2011 by Charles Kuffner.
By now you’ve probably heard about Rick Perry’s long-anticipated announcement that yes indeedy, he is running for President. I plan to avoid this subject as much as possible, because there’s only so much blogging about Rick Perry one can do before one’s brains begin to resemble a fried egg on the sidewalk, but there is one thing I want to say to Team Obama as a longtime observer of our only Governor. His great strength is that he steers the conversation to where he wants it to be, which enables him to define the issues to his advantage. He’s stepping outside his comfort zone now, and as the new kid on the scene it may take him awhile to get to that point with the national media. This is your chance to turn the tables on him. Now is the time that the surrogates for the Obama campaign should be asking the question why someone who wanted to secede from the United States now wants to be its President. Yes, I know that isn’t exactly what he said, but so what? Let him explain the nuance of his statements about secession. If you want to be hypertechnical, his claim about Texas’ alleged right to secede is historically wrong, too. Again, let him explain the subtleties of it all. While he’s at it, you can point out that he likes to pal around with some people that really really hate America and let him explain that, too. Take this opportunity to tie secession around his neck now, because you may not get the chance later. That’s my advice, and it’s worth every penny you’re paying for it. Good luck.

http://offthekuff.com/wp/?p=39237
neko nomad

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 08:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Think Perry can do a good enough spin on his new book
revealing his sentiments on Social Security to become a significant opponent?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rw/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/political-bookworm/Images/perry.jpg

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 08:28 pm
@neko nomad,
The way the media and half of the nation gave GW Bush a pass for most of his 8 years in office, I don't count out anybody at this point.
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 08:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
I wonder if Bush would have got a pass if Clinton had been convicted by the Senate and removed from office. Wouldn't that have been interesting?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 09:33 pm
@JTT,
Given that scenario, I believe Gore would have gotten elected instead.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 09:39 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

chai2 wrote:

...my head and stomach hurt after watching that.

and i will almost bet my bottom dollar, we are staring at the new president of the US..

talk about sick to the stomach..

That's a bet I'd be willing to take. I can't see that happening, I just can't. I know, I know -- I couldn't see Dubya getting a second term either.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 09:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
But if he hadn't, the juxtaposition of huge war crimes/felonies measured against one lie.

Artie Johnson: Very interesting!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 08:04 am
Independents will not vote for Perry.
Perry will not be the republican nominee, but he could be a good VP
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 08:35 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Well now I am embarrassed because as an Illinoian I voted for him. But in deffence of my (intelligence?) Ryan was governor before him, also went to jail. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Next time...figure out who you want to vote for and GO THE OTHER WAY!

Your compass is infallible it seems...just pointing the wrong way.

Wink
RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 12:16 pm
@dlowan,
In Illinois there is no right or wrong way. Just the Chicago way.
JPB

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 12:18 pm
@RABEL222,
Bullshit
slkshock7

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 03:05 pm
Perry was obviously unprepared for this question...but I'm somewhat incredulous that you all seem to have come to the conclusion that one bad answer in an interview means stupidity.

Rather than jump to any conclusions like that, I thought I'd do a little research. First, according to this
=http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/USTPtrends.pdf]source, Texas is fourth in teen pregnancy rates, not third. Small matter, but would be helpful to look at the sex education programs of say, the top 10 or 20 states (including Texas) in teen preganancy rate and see if any conclusions could be drawn that abstinence-based programs are ineffective.

So #1 in teen preganancy rates is New Mexico which according to this report mandates contraception education, only "covers" abstinence, and requires discussion of sexual orientation be inclusive. Texas is #4 and is basically on the opposite end of the spectrum from NM. TX "stresses" abstinence, doesn't mandate education on contraception and requires only negative information on sexual orientation.

Of the ten states with the highest pregnancy rates, five (AZ, TX, AR, GA, TN)require abstinence but not contraception education. One (NM) requires contraception but only "covers" abstinence. Three (MS, DE, SC) require both abstinence and contraception. One (NV)we have no data for.

Looking at the second ten....three (FL, OK, LA) require abstinence but not contraception. Two (CA, HI) requires contraception and only "covers" abstinence. Four (NC, AL, CO, NJ) require both and one (NY) we have no data for.

To recap, 8 of the top 20 states with the highest teen pregnancy rates have similar programs to TX. 3 of the top 20 focus on contraception (with just a little nod to abstinence) and 7 require both abstinence and contraception.

So what did I learn from this research? Very little...

Basically the only conclusion one can draw is that a state's teen pregnancy rate is not dependent on the type of sex education offered by the state. The interviewer presumed a causation that does not exist. And Gov Perry was not wrong (or stupid) in his response, just awkward and unprepared.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 04:20 pm
@JPB,
You must live in Chicago.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 07:20 pm
I may have to vote for Rick. He prayed for rain and we just had a nice thunderstorm over the house.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 07:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
The rain could be God crying because he got a migraine/tension headache by having to listen to too many of Rick Parry's self-righteous prayers.
0 Replies