Hyundai Sonata

jcboy

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 04:48 pm
I traded my 2009 Nissan Murano for a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. One of my friends kind of gave me a hard time, he couldn’t believe I would buy a Hyundai. This car is cool, has everything the murano had and I lowered my car payment by 120.00 a month, not to mention this car will get much better gas mileage then the Nissan. Hyundai’s are not as cheap as they use to be and they have one of the best warranties on a new car. Plus I’m happy with the trade so that’s all that matters. Yes, I sound like a car salesman but I’m not lol.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:03 pm
@jcboy,
What color did you get? hybrid?

Hyundais are much different cars than they were when they first came to the North American market. They're getting good reviews for quality, and they certainly can look good (are the coupes available in the hybrid yet?)
jcboy

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:18 pm
@ehBeth,
It's a light silver, not a hybrid though. Beautiful car, and this time no leather seats, don't need them in Florida. I had been thinking of traking in the Murano for months now but couldn't decide what to get, almost got a new Jetta. They have great reviews for the Sonata, and its funny, when you get a new car its then you see them all over the road. They must have sold five just when I was there today.

I drove it off the lot and took it for a window tint.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/Marne444/sonata.jpg
roger

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:38 pm
@jcboy,
Hyundai has been getting a lot of respect lately from engineering sources. It's definately beating its first impressions.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:42 pm
@jcboy,
Looks good - ready to install a car seat in back? Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:42 pm
@roger,
The new Hyundais sure aren't anything like those old Ponies.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:45 pm
@roger,
They sure have. I wasn’t in any hurry, checked out quite a few cars before deciding. I did it all online, told them what I wanted and how much I wanted to pay, what I was trading it and when I got to the dealer, it was ready. I was told today that 40% of their new car sales are now done online.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:46 pm
@ehBeth,
hahaha, I'm ready, although I haven't gotten that far in the book yet Wink The back seat has as much room as the Murano, and a very large trunk.
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 06:12 pm
@jcboy,
These are sleeper Mafiosi cars in NJ. Theres so much trunk space that you can carry lots of cargo and several bags of lime and two shovels.
jcboy

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:43 pm
@farmerman,
It has a huge trunk! I could actually crawl inside. Didn’t know that until I saw it for the first time today.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:56 pm
@jcboy,
Nice car, I've been noticing them...

Meantime, are those King Palms in the photo? I'm guessing so, from the base on yours.. (that's Arctophoenix cunninghamiana to me).
jcboy

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:59 pm
@ossobuco,
They sure are! I found a guy who sold them from his yard, $100.00 each, delivered and planted!

I had Christmas tree palms I planted myself when I first moved here but the first year was the coldest in 30 years and they froze and fell over.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 08:27 pm
@jcboy,
I was slightly teasing you re the car, and then skipping along to the palms..

the car does look good to me, good size and I like the styling; even I have heard/seen good Hyundai reports.

On the palms, they're my favorites of the couple of dozen I once memorized, to me by far the most elegant. They have them as street trees in Santa Barbara, and also in San Luis Obispo, if I remember.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 09:45 am
@jcboy,
Do the back doors have child proof locks? You also may want to consider putting some type of stain resistant coating on the seats, kids can me messy.
jcboy

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 04:43 pm
@MMarciano,
Why do I need a coating on the seats, you’re going to be the one cleaning them.
chai2

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 06:08 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Why do I need a coating on the seats, you’re going to be the one cleaning them.

Doh!

Just put 2 and 2 together. Nice.

Anyway, very suave looking car. If you friend teases you about it again, remind him you have an extra $120 in your pocket each month.
MMarciano

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 07:16 pm
Que bello, chi con
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:06 pm
@chai2,
Thank you, Smile
MMarciano

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 03:42 pm
@jcboy,
Cuando veo la cara no, no es una cosa que me gustaría cambiar, porque su increíble la manera que lo son. Wink
Izzie

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 03:54 pm
@MMarciano,
no idea what you said there M, but it sounds kinda sex-ay! HA!

Anyhoo - just think, another helper to wash the car - that can be a lot of fun when they're his age.... give the little chap a small toothbrush to debug the lights and front... many kids LOVE to help with those things.

then of course, there's a compulsory waterfight too, don't ya know.

MMarciano (gosh, I do so want to say maccaroni when I see your name Embarrassed I do apologise ) - do you have the little juice holders that fit into cars - they save a lot of spillages... and a plastic sheet just underneath the car seat and between the chair at the back - to catch the wayward candy, raisans and fruit deelctables that ALWAYS manage to find their way inbetween the seats, using after it's melted. Heck - it can be discovered months after - always rather interesting.

Such an inquisitive age - you'll be playing games in the car on road trips. JCBoy - you must not answer all the questions - no matter how much you may want to Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HA, you guys are gonna have fun. Lucky little kid to be have so much love in the family.

(( Embarrassed apols, x-threading now and digressing a tad Mr. Green >

Nice car btw Wink
0 Replies