Anti-depression and depression

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 01:36 pm
What's the differences between CNS depression and depression? May i know what's the causes of depression? Does it relate to the neurotransmitter? Diazepam is an anti-depressant? It enhances the effect of GABA by binding to the benzodiazepine site on the GABA A-receptor. After binding to the receptor, may i know what's the next mechanism? GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter? If GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, how does diazepam can cause anti-depress? I heard that it can treat seizure? Seizure is a disease that is over-stimulation, repetitive, uncontrolled neuronal firing in CNS. May I know how does it treat seizure? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,590 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Fido

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 09:02 pm
@Pleasure Seow,
Pleasure Seow wrote:

What's the differences between CNS depression and depression? May i know what's the causes of depression? Does it relate to the neurotransmitter? Diazepam is an anti-depressant? It enhances the effect of GABA by binding to the benzodiazepine site on the GABA A-receptor. After binding to the receptor, may i know what's the next mechanism? GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter? If GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, how does diazepam can cause anti-depress? I heard that it can treat seizure? Seizure is a disease that is over-stimulation, repetitive, uncontrolled neuronal firing in CNS. May I know how does it treat seizure? Thanks.
The questions you ask, and the way you ask them make me believe you should already know the answers, or at least should... This aint my department, but a cns depressent will depress (slow) breathing and heart rate, and I expect voluntary muscular contractions... Depression is an emotional illness, some times with environmental or genetic (chemical) triggers which can to an extent be treated with anti depressants... I do not know the mechanism by which Ozzepam or Diazepam work or are broken down... Any good drug web site should be able to fill you in, from my experience... I have heard that some people think tranquilizers work to ease depression because people actually forget what is bothering them, which they can very often not do.. Some times people obscess about the slights and iniquities in their lives, and in reacting to them often make their situations worse... From my understanding, Valium interferes with the sleep cycle so that REM sleep is not reached, so that short term memory does not become long term memory, and people soon forget the small stuff.
Pleasure Seow

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:20 am
@Fido,
thank you Smile
0 Replies

Pleasure Seow

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:39 am
@Fido,
Sorry for disturbance... I would like to know which forum or which website that I could ask especially about drugs. "This aint my department", does it means that I had posted wrong question at wrong department? Sorry...I am newbies and i don't know about the rules and regulation of this forum. Thanks a lots too for the further information. =)
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 09:31 am
@Pleasure Seow,
http://www.drugs.com/ is an excellent site for learning about prescription drugs. I use it quite frequently and find it easy to understand and navigate.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 01:43 pm
@Pleasure Seow,
Pleasure Seow wrote:

Sorry for disturbance... I would like to know which forum or which website that I could ask especially about drugs. "This aint my department", does it means that I had posted wrong question at wrong department? Sorry...I am newbies and i don't know about the rules and regulation of this forum. Thanks a lots too for the further information. =)
The only drugs I know anything about are illegal... I have a few books on pharmacology, but my math and chemistry is so basic that I cannot say I really understand more than what I am told in plain English... PDRs Physician's desk Reference books are a wealth of knowledge, but if you are looking for specific information, I would suggest you look on line... Almost any sort of information can be found there... If you ask me, you have to settle for an idiot's reply... Don't... There are people who know much more... Ask them...On the internet..
0 Replies