Death and what happens next?

shelved neurosis

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 09:39 am
There is a point where consciousness began, just as there is a point where consciousness will end. Think about before you were born, you did not exist. You were not aware. When you die, your consciousness and awareness will cease to exist when your brain ceases all electrical activity.

As far all of the supernatural hogwash being spouted by these obnoxious individuals, please, leave.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 09:48 am
@shelved neurosis,
Quote:
There is a point where consciousness began, just as there is a point where consciousness will end. Think about before you were born, you did not exist. You were not aware. When you die, your consciousness and awareness will cease to exist when your brain ceases all electrical activity.
...and you know this how? Have people from the past come back and told you? Have newborns laying in their bassinets declared that they never had consciousness before?

Quote:
As far all of the supernatural hogwash being spouted by these obnoxious individuals, please, leave.
Your hogwash is another's truth.
0 Replies

demonhunter

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 10:43 am
@MrSteMurph,
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. The first is the seed for the latter. What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. What is being described is the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
voiceindarkness

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 12:12 pm
@demonhunter,
demonhunter wrote:

Quote:
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. The first is the seed for the latter.
Yes, the natural body is the carnal mind/body experience, formed in the Darkness of this reality, which will be cast into outer darkness, the imaginings of the mind of Satan. which is the second death.
Quote:
What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. What is being described is the resurrection of the dead.
To be carnal minded is death/darkness/sleep, The mind of the Darkness of reality has been generating thought in negative Light (Darkness) for the passed 2,000 years, since the mind of Jesus entered the Darkness after his death on Masada.
Quote:
The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
In the first man Adam all died, through Jesus God died, through the second man Adam all live, but the mind of Darkness is cast into outer Darkness, which is the second death, which is eternal.
demonhunter

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:22 pm
@voiceindarkness,
I am not sure what you are saying. If you need clarification on anything I said, let me know. Otherwise, peace.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:56 pm
@shelved neurosis,
shelved neurosis wrote:
There is a point where consciousness began,
just as there is a point where consciousness will end.
U have evidence of that??????
I challenge u on your alleged facts.

shelved neurosis wrote:
Think about before you were born, you did not exist.
The hell u didn' t.

shelved neurosis wrote:
You were not aware.
What reason do u have to believe THAT???

shelved neurosis wrote:
When you die, your consciousness and awareness will cease to exist when your brain ceases all electrical activity.
Nonsense; prove it.

David

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:57 pm
@demonhunter,
Did u find any demons ?
demonhunter

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Just one.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:59 pm
@demonhunter,
What did u do with him?
demonhunter

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 05:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm on his trail but haven't mastered him yet. When I do, I'll have him stuffed and mounted.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 05:12 pm
@demonhunter,
Have u consulted legal counsel on this plan ?
demonhunter

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 05:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Indeed, you must have really been a lawyer.
0 Replies

voiceindarkness

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 11:35 pm
@demonhunter,
demonhunter wrote:

If there is a natural body,

The natural body is the carnal mind body experience, the mind generates the thoughts that control the you through the emotions.

there is also a spiritual body.

of which Christ is the head, or spirit of mind, of the heart.

The first is the seed for the latter.

The first creates the dream, the latter the dreamer.

What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

The mind of the dream must die for the mind of the dreamer to live.

What is being described is the resurrection of the dead.

Though the mind be healed, if the heart be not, there is no life, but Darkness without.
The healing of the heart is the life transformation of the mind of the Spirit

The body that is sown is perishable,

Flesh and blood, "carnal"

it is raised imperishable;

inner, man of the heart, mind of the Spirit.

it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

It is sown in Darkness, it is raised in Light.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I agree, Lustig. I'm older than you and death doesn't scare me either, and that's mainly because when it happens there will no longer be a "me"* to whom after-life conditions apply. I will live "forever", my subjective forever. Moreover, I try to live each day as if yesterday (rather than today or tomorrow) were my last: as such it's all gravy.
* I might add--and this is a pitch I've been selling on A2K for almost ten years-- that I can't find a "me" to whom life is happening. There's just experience and it does not have a subject to happen to. Let me rephrase that: if there is anything approaching a "me-ego-self", it is experience itself, a delusional sensation of a "me-ego-self". I am my experiences, not a subject to whom they are happening.
Good night. This delusional ego's going to bed.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:47 pm
@trying2learn,
Good point. We obsess about non-existing "after-life" possibilities but have no issues regarding "before birth." Rolling Eyes
voiceindarkness

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 09:52 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I agree, Lustig. I'm older than you and death doesn't scare me either, and that's mainly because when it happens there will no longer be a "me"* to whom after-life conditions apply. I will live "forever", my subjective forever. Moreover, I try to live each day as if yesterday (rather than today or tomorrow) were my last: as such it's all gravy.
* I might add--and this is a pitch I've been selling on A2K for almost ten years-- that I can't find a "me" to whom life is happening. There's just experience and it does not have a subject to happen to. Let me rephrase that: if there is anything approaching a "me-ego-self", it is experience itself, a delusional sensation of a "me-ego-self". I am my experiences, not a subject to whom they are happening.
Good night. This delusional ego's going to bed.
YOU need to KNOW YOURSELF. Wink
YOU are the EGO of YOUR REALITY! Rolling Eyes
YOU are the PRINCE to whom YOU are SUBJECT. Neutral
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 10:51 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
Good point. We obsess about non-existing "after-life" possibilities but have no issues regarding "before birth." Rolling Eyes
That is false.
Some of the people who have returned from death of the human body in hospitals
do indeed remember life before birth and before conception of the human embryo.

U just ASSUME things, and then u arbitrarily attribute credibility to those assumptions.
voiceindarkness

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 12:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

JLNobody wrote:
That is false.
Some of the people who have returned from death of the human body in hospitals
do indeed remember life before birth and before conception of the human embryo.
What does it all MEAN? Wink What have you SEEN? Shocked Do you KNOW from WHENCE you CAME? Confused

Quote:
U just ASSUME things, and then u arbitrarily attribute credibility to those assumptions.
Don't you all!? Cool
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 06:01 am
@MrSteMurph,
MrSteMurph, for many this is a great concern. But death need not be feared. For example, the Bible reveals a very comforting truth about death. It likens it to a deep sleep without dreams and with no awareness of the passing of time. Much the same that we experience while we are in a natural deep restful sleep. A couple of the Bible texts that reveal this are Ecclesiasties chapter 9 verses 5 and 10. And then John chapter 11 verses 11 - 14. It is especially here where death is compared to sleep. Another text recorded at Psalm 146 verse 4 reveals that all conscious thought ceases at death. Thus the Bible shows what happens to us when we die. And in turn, frees us from the fear of death. It also reveals that a time has been set aside to awaken those now asleep in death. See the text recorded in the Bible at Acts chapter 24 and verse 15.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 05:05 pm
@anthony1312002,
Anthony,
In addition to the Bible, Y not find out how it was
from some people whose human bodies were actually dead
for a while, in some cases for around an hour ?? no heartbeat, no respiration

Like, if I 'm interested in visiting a city,
I very well might discuss it with someone who has BEEN there.

Try this free website: www.IANDS.org

David