3
   

When does suicide become a logical solution

 
 
Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 01:54 pm
What does one do if living is too hard to bear?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,809 • Replies: 9
No top replies

 
Germlat
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 02:10 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Seek help. Try to understand where the problem stems from. If it's caused by depression resulting from a chemical imbalance, there are drugs that can help. If it's a recent trauma...seek out a support group. The main thing is not alienating yourself. People can go through horribly trying times and they pass. If it's a terminal illness and you're terrified of dying without dignity, there's also help there....what are you experiencing?
Rickoshay75
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 02:31 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Seek help. Try to understand where the problem stems from. If it's caused by depression resulting from a chemical imbalance, there are drugs that can help. If it's a recent trauma...seek out a support group. The main thing is not alienating yourself. People can go through horribly trying times and they pass. If it's a terminal illness and you're terrified of dying without dignity, there's also help there....what are you experiencing?


It's not about me, it's about logical suicide
Germlat
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 02:45 pm
@Rickoshay75,
What do you consider logical? It depends. Sometimes people who cannot find the help they need consider this a logical solution. What are you feeling/thinking?
0 Replies
 
kittytruelove777
 
  1  
Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 01:15 pm
@Germlat,
Suicide becomes a solution when you have no hope left. There's ALWAYS hope.
Germlat
 
  1  
Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 01:17 pm
@kittytruelove777,
kittytruelove777 wrote:

Suicide becomes a solution when you have no hope left. There's ALWAYS hope.

Is there? I disagree. I think in terminal cases it's a matter of choice and dignity.
Rickoshay75
 
  1  
Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 02:24 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

kittytruelove777 wrote:

Suicide becomes a solution when you have no hope left. There's ALWAYS hope.

Is there? I disagree. I think in terminal cases it's a matter of choice and dignity.


Not according to actual suicides..

Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool - good luck.
Suicide note.
~~ George Sanders, British actor, d. April 25, 1972

I feel certain that I'm going mad again. I feel we can't go thru another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices
Suicide note
~~ Virginia Woolf, author, d. March 28, 1941

I must end it. There's no hope left. I'll be at peace. No one had anything to do with this. My decision totally.
Suicide note.
~~ Freddie Prinze, comedian, d. January 29, 1977

http://corsinet.com/braincandy/dying3.html
Germlat
 
  1  
Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 07:01 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

Germlat wrote:

kittytruelove777 wrote:

Suicide becomes a solution when you have no hope left. There's ALWAYS hope.

Is there? I disagree. I think in terminal cases it's a matter of choice and dignity.


Not according to actual suicides..

Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool - good luck.
Suicide note.

~~ George Sanders, British actor, d. April 25, 1972


I feel certain that I'm going mad again. I feel we can't go thru another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices
Suicide note
~~ Virginia Woolf, author, d. March 28, 1941
I must end it. There's no hope left. I'll be at peace. No one had anything to do
with this. My decision totally.
Suicide note.
~~ Freddie Prinze, comedian, d. January 29, 1977

http://corsinet.com/braincandy/dying3.html

I don't pretend to understand the devastation / hopelessness behind every suicide. All I'm saying is in many cases people didn't get the support or help needed to get over a terribly difficult time. Not the case of behind a terminal illness...I understand the desire to not endure the inevitable....
0 Replies
 
Amoh5
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 08:10 am
From the perspective of a family-orientated well mind, suicide will never be logical, it is merely "an undesirable only alternative" from not being able to find a cure. No one in their right or well mind can ever wish for suicide, we all wish to be well and happy, therefore suicide is definitely not logical. But it is understandable (but not desirable) when someone is overwhelmingly unwell and suicidal because a cure cannot be found. As a Christian, I think logic can only apply to finding a cure, God bless to all you people who are in such a horrible predicament...
0 Replies
 
Thomas
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 08:29 am
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

When does suicide become a logical solution
What does one do if living is too hard to bear?

Suicide makes sense if you find the life you can reasonably expect to live less valuable than not living at all. But that's not about logic. It's about values and empirical prediction.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Best Euphemism for death and dying.... - Discussion by tsarstepan
Cause of death..... - Discussion by gungasnake
Hypothetical question... - Question by nononono
A Philosophy of Mortality and Suicide - Discussion by JLO1988
Knowledge of Death - Question by mikeymojo
Good Bits of Culture on Death - Question by The Pentacle Queen
Death and what happens next? - Question by MrSteMurph
How do you view death? - Discussion by hamilton
why fear death??? - Discussion by hamilton
 
  1. Forums
  2. » When does suicide become a logical solution
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/07/2019 at 12:12:28