Looking for Therapist or Counselor to quote for Magazine Article on Moms and Stress

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2011 05:16 pm
I'm a college student, and I'm looking for a professional I can quote for my magazine article writing course. This article centers around the guilt an American mother feels in this day and age. (I'm focusing strictly on American mothers.) Whether a mother works out of the home or stays at home is not necessarily the issue, because all the mothers of varying backgrounds I've talked to seem to feel stress.

- What is a mother's stress truly caused by? For example, is it caused more-so by the perceptions of society, increased responsibilities on women, or caused by a mother herself (is she trying to be "perfect")?

- Are there any statistics or studies you're aware of that focus on this issue?

- Do you have any advice on how this this guilt can be alleviated? (If you have knowledge of things other countries governments do to assist mothers, you can sure list that, too.)

Please copy and paste these questions with a list your credentials, a little bit about yourself, your first and last name, and an e-mail address/website so I can contact you with follow-up questions if needed; send to: [email protected].

I would appreciate your help immensely!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,048 • Replies: 0
No top replies