What does the love of money mean to you?

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 06:02 pm
@JLNobody,
I seem to share the same thought and I do think such things should at least be considered!
JLNobody

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 09:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
Can't disagree with that.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 04:05 pm
@parados,

Sorry about the late reply!

Quote:
What do you find to disagree with about my example?

Quote:
Wealth can be created without taking it from anyone else. One can do it any time. If I buy a stock for $50, hold unto the stock for 4 years and don't sell it and the value of that stock is $100 then I clearly have more wealth, but I haven't taken that wealth from anyone.

The way I see it is that we can live off of the interest of our savings or investments without contributing to society, We can hire people that can administrate our ideas!

Quote:
Do you think I took the value that the stock gained from someone else? If so, then who did I take it from?

Someone is having to labor for me and you in order for us to receive our return, so I see it as if I am profiting off the backs of others.
Now I could explain what a great contribution that I have done to society but that would only work if we limit the frame of reference that is being used!

There is much that is needed to be considered when we talk about profiting off the backs of others. I will try and go into this soon. Not that I have the correct view point but I do think that I have some things that should be considered!

0 Replies