Party at a Country Club

gollum

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 04:13 am
I believe at a party at the host's home, the guests are expected to bring small presents.

I am invited to a party held at a country club that the host & hostess belong to. Is it appropriate to bring a gift? It seems awkward in that the host/hostess may have no place to store it at the club.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,157 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 04:56 am
@gollum,
I'd say it depends on the party. If it's a birthday or Bat Mitzvah or anniversary then, unless the invitation says "no gifts", it's still a gift-giving occasion. If it's more like "we're celebrating Reginald getting a promotion", you probably can go giftless.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 06:32 am
Agree.

But if you just want to show appreciation, you can always send something the next day to their home.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 06:43 am
@gollum,
It also depends on who is hosting the event and the why of the event as well. Is it merely a distant coworker or a close friend or family member?

Perhaps a thank you card for the invitation (postevent) is an easy alternative to bringing a gift.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 11:09 am
take an eight ball. EVERYONE will enjoy it.
0 Replies