All things decryptonite

Mame

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 07:56 pm
Yeah, I mentioned early on this whole decryptonite thing that they should have their own group/forum, and was answered that , no worries, it would be over Aug. 1st. The thing is, they bloody SHOULD have had their own irritating friggin group/forum because it was mightily inconvenient, not to mention ANNOYING to have their STUPID million, repetitive questions EVERY SINGLE DAY on what - a stupid freaking PUZZLE???? I don't care if it's education-related - that's not OUR concern - give them their own SPOT and leave us out of it!

So, head's up for next time, Robert - give these groupie people their own FORUM/GROUP right from the Get-Go, okay??? Don't allow your long-time people to become annoyed because of a short-term group - Lesson #1. Learn it!

George

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:29 pm
I need the answers for 27 & 28
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
beingtheman

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:30 pm
@George,
give me !!!!
George

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:32 pm
@beingtheman,
You didn't say plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:44 pm
@beingtheman,
What do you eat for western breakfest?

I actually labeled all those threads, when a2k changed over, as I tagged most of the theretofore food threads. Go look up the tag.

Butrfly labeled some too. I labelled something like 35 pages x 50.) Or was it twenty? Anyway, a lot.

I still think tagging is useful.

I'm not as obsessive as that sounds, I just thought it would be some kind of help, and did it over time.

The reason you don't see your old threads on the useful links at the bottom of the page is that no one tagged them, including you. They live on, in General.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:54 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
So, head's up for next time, Robert - give these groupie people their own FORUM/GROUP right from the Get-Go, okay??? Don't allow your long-time people to become annoyed because of a short-term group - Lesson #1. Learn it!

You could give them their own forum, but would they use it?

HAAD exam questions for nurses ring a bell? Wink
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:00 pm
@Reyn,
Dongggggg.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:25 pm
@Mame,
If I were to say that it's all worth every penny then I'd have to laugh out loud.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:44 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Huh?? What exactly am I supposed to have done about it for you Mame? Rolling Eyes
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 11:07 pm
Me, I'd like to get all those nurses to talk.

I have no idea at all how to do that. They seem not to go to Groups. (I've heard nurses jokes for many years, from nurses and mds, but I've physician friends who've said nurses have saved their asses, especially one memorable one re his time in cardiac icu.)

Re the decryption folk on the boards, eh. Given the time limitation, we can deal.
If this becomes a total decryption board, the conversations will change to zzzzzzzzz.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 11:17 pm
Re decrytonite I am only finding out about them now, and it's not like I can prevent this short of deciding to ban them all and remove posts, but if you want to get them out of view do this:

1) Go here and click "remove forum" at the top.

2) On the new posts page, select "filter noise".

If you won't see them anymore.
dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 11:58 pm
@Mame,
Oh come on....people with strong interests exist, google exists, SEO exists....this stuff happens.

Just thumb em down

Edit:

Doh...just read thread....er, just filter them out.
Embarrassed

0 Replies

anujsinghal

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:27 am
@Mame,
hey plzzzzzzzz tell the answer for level 28......plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:29 am
@anujsinghal,
Yes, please, Mame, do!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 01:58 am
@Robert Gentel,
There's no need at all to remove them from the forum. Heck, we are not that intolerant, surely?

I am perfectly happy for them to communicate with each other & enjoy themselves. Just like everyone else here does.

But what I couldn't figure out was, why did updates of their posts keep coming up in "new posts", after I'd down-thumbed the thread, due to lack of interest?
Normally they'd just stop appearing.
You shouldn't have to remove them from the forum to achieve that.
dlowan

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 04:12 am
@Robert Gentel,
It works!

I no longer see de cryptonite people!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 04:13 am
@Mame,
Ive come up with the conclusion that this was a computer class exercise in which the object wasnt necessarily getting answeres but engaging in networking or doing "work arounds". MAybe there was some cleverness in the teachers approach cause if these kids were just cheating and networking to glom answers (Many of which were badly misspelled, so even the answeres will give a reasonably awake teacher the forensic evidence that these kids just were pooling their quests).

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 04:14 am
@msolga,
Robert's instructions mean you don't see them any more, not that they have been booted off A2k.

I can't recall that thumbing down a thread ever made it totally disappear....it just collapsed it to this:

Topic voted down (view)
msolga

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 04:17 am
@dlowan,
Perhaps I expressed myself badly, Deb.

But what I was trying to say was that this:
Quote:
Topic voted down (view)

didn't occur when I voted one of these threads down (twice).
farmerman

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 04:23 am
@dlowan,
Ive actually learned some stuff from these quizzkids. Like the word "Shibboleet" is a compound from "Shibboleth" and geekspeek word "leet" which is a gamers talk for someone who is an "elite" player.

So a shibboleet was presented as a code word to get around a help desk person who (apparently) doesnt know as much about networking as the person who called for help. USe the word "Im a shibboleet" and youd be shunted over to a network engineer or higher level engineer.

I learned all that from our annoying quizzkids.

Problem with us is were all too old to care about learning anything new and we feel all like full of ourselves/
For me, whenever Im teaching, its a daily challenge to keep my head above water with some of the new ways the kids have shown me about engaging soures of information.

I was annoyed at first, then I stareted getting some of the answers and was kinda amazed at the inntelligence therein.

So **** off.Im protecting the little quizzkids .
0 Replies