Buffalo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:04 pm
No really.... Is he serious?

Krumple

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:07 pm
@Buffalo,
Buffalo wrote:

I really don't understand why anyone chooses to support Obama.

People don't seem to care that in his last speech he said we might not have enough money to pay our bills but we continue to maintain three wars?
Buffalo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:14 pm
@Krumple,
Didi you see the latest Yahoo news....
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-east-africa-famine-needs-world-respond-211611984.html

He THREATENS the US elderly that the US Gov't may not pay their social security and medicare but then he says we need to pay more attention to the famine in Africa! WHAT A DISGRACE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:29 pm
@Buffalo,
Actually, it's a fact that nobody knows where he will go on any initiative being negotiated with his own party and the "other" parties.
Buffalo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hopefully far, far away!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:36 pm
@Buffalo,
There is little that Obama is doing that Ronald Reagan didn't do. In fact, in many issues Obama is a little more conservative than Reagan.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:37 pm
@maxdancona,
That's the irony of it all; the conservatives don't remember all that!~
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:40 pm
I really believed that Obama would be a strong liberal. It pisses me off that he is so Conservative (even though the crazy nutcases who call themselves "conservatives" now don't see it).
Krumple

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I really believed that Obama would be a strong liberal. It pisses me off that he is so Conservative (even though the crazy nutcases who call themselves "conservatives" now don't see it).

My theory of why you are seeing it like this is because both parties are exactly the same. They use these two parties to play off of each other and distract the voters but in reality they are one and the same.

The objective of modern US politics is to try and get as much money into the pockets of your constituents as you can without the voters finding out.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:38 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There is little that Obama is doing that Ronald Reagan didn't do. In fact, in many issues Obama is a little more conservative than Reagan.

You've obviously reached this conclusion through careful research and consideration and so I don't think it's too much to ask you to provide us substantiate your claim with facts.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Can we, then, count on your not voting in 2012 or voting for Dennis Kucinich?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:46 pm
@Buffalo,
Buffalo wrote:

Well, yes he is.

He's a serious as the guy who plops himself in the left lane and drives right at the speed limit, even though he's backing up traffic.

He's as serious as the guy who performs miraculous feats of engineering in piling up a plate at a one pass salad bar.

He's as serious as the guy who responds to all criticisms and challenges with: "I know you are but what am I?"

He's as serious as the poor fools who allow the producers of American Idol to set them up for ridicule by the judges.

He's as serious as Jeremiah Wright and William Ayers.

He's as serious as Jimmy Carter.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 03:32 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I really believed that Obama would be a strong....

I had to clip the statement there because that's what many thought. They truly believed that Mr.Obama would be strong, I never saw that in him and therefore haven't been disappointed by his lack of leadership. Conservative or liberal or somewhere in between, would be of far less importance if he could lead. A leader will find ways to unite and work with people, they wouldn't instruct us on eating peas or walk out of meetings.

President Obama gives incoherent speeches, tells how (paraophrasing) 'we will all suffer and how it's not right, it's just not right gosh darned it and that's why we need to all eat out peas because theirs this horrendous famine in Africa!'. Um, yeah, okay...maybe instead of asking if a President has smoked pot we should start asking if they are taking heavy drugs because that's the only thing which would explain his bizarre talks.

On the Republican side, McConnell and Boehner aren't any better.

If they make yet another last minute midnight deal I hope the voters will take notice and vote the top scuzzballs out as well as any of their underlings that have been prancing around in photo ops praising their own side because neither side deserves praise in any of what we've seen and heard since January 2008. For close to 3 years now everything has been fear based tactical maneuvers, from the health debates, to debt, to military to unemployment...just about every issue.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
maxdancona

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 07:19 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
My theory of why you are seeing it like this is because both parties are exactly the same.

This trite bumper sticker slogan is so clearly untrue that I don't know why people keep mindlessly saying it.

djjd62

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 07:26 am
@maxdancona,
but they are, sure a new crop of elected folks might be different, but in the end most of washington, regardless of party has more in common with each other than they do the electorate, the media and a few visible representatives give the illusion of a two party system, but in the end, as the old saying goes, no matter who you vote for, the government always wins
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:14 am
http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/omb-graph-on-debt-ceiling-use.jpg

Why Reagan is invoked as though he were god is beyond me, even Obama has taken to using his name to persuade I guess republicans and independents. Its nuts.

In any case, as the chart above shows Reagan raised the debt ceiling 199.5%, so yeah, I guess Obama is more conservative Reagan and so was Clinton or anybody else.
Krumple

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:26 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/omb-graph-on-debt-ceiling-use.jpg

Why Reagan is invoked as though he were god is beyond me, even Obama has taken to using his name to persuade I guess republicans and independents. Its nuts.

In any case, as the chart above shows Reagan raised the debt ceiling 199.5%, so yeah, I guess Obama is more conservative Reagan and so was Clinton or anybody else.

This graph is a little misleading though. For example what are the debt amounts? Because that is more important than the percentages. Let me try to put this into perspective.

If the debt was at say 1 trillion during reagan then 199% is basically a raise of 2 trillion.
however;
If the debt was say 10 trillion during obama then it raised 26.3% that is a raise of 2.6 trillion. So technically obama raised it more but at a lower percentage.

I love how people try to skew the math to try and trick people into thinking one is better than the other. It usually only works on people who don't like or understand math.
revelette

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:42 am
@Krumple,
Well, I admit, that I was never good at math, I'll leave that to others to debate. I went by the chart and its clear Reagan's debt ceiling was higher on the chart than anybody's else.

Moreover, he raised the debt ceiling 18 times and Bush raised it seven times.

Apparently both parties are being hypocritical in their rheteric depending on who is in control of the WH (including Obama); however, it is a false notion that only democrats raise the debt or the debt ceiling and Reagan was no model of "conservatism."

Obama says Reagan raised debt ceiling 18 times; George W. Bush seven times
Krumple

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:52 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Well, I admit, that I was never good at math, I'll leave that to others to debate. I went by the chart and its clear Reagan's debt ceiling was higher on the chart than anybody's else.

Moreover, he raised the debt ceiling 18 times and Bush raised it seven times.

Apparently both parties are being hypocritical in their rheteric depending on who is in control of the WH (including Obama); however, it is a false notion that only democrats raise the debt or the debt ceiling and Reagan was no model of "conservatism."

Obama says Reagan raised debt ceiling 18 times; George W. Bush seven times

You are on to something there. I honestly think that our supposed two party system is not in fact a two party system. They want the public to point fingers at each other and also allow them to point fingers at one another but the reality is, they both are exactly the same thing when it comes down to their over all motivation for being in control.

Really all any politician wants is a way to make him/her self money and all their friends. They don't actually care about the people who's lives they effect with their poor decision making. They don't care unless they aren't able to make money for their buddies. Everything is just for show and they color it up with speeches that throw the voters off and try to make them feel important. That the job of the government is never complete and always needs a little more work but to get the job done they need the voter to suffer just a bit more and to hand over their rights to make it happen.

0 Replies