Please help to find mistakes

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 04:36 pm
I wrote small text and i ask to help me make it without mistakes. Here it is:
"I have never done a bachelor’s thesis, but I did several course projects. I like programming and therefore the most memorable course project for me was one in which I wrote the program. This course project was titled “Java technology for distributed computing”, and the subject was called “Parallel and Distributed computing”. Using java, I wrote a program that was installed on multiple computers. Each of them executed a part of one task. The main computer received the results of calculations from the rest. It was a very interesting project, which took me a long time to do. In addition, it helped me to learn the basics of web programming in which is my scientific interest. I learn several programming languages. They are HTTP, PHP, java, c++ and others. I even have a web site where I tested my first project. I believe that finishing the master’s degree will give me a new level of understanding programming languages. So, acquiring a degree is the best way to improve my knowledge. Also, a Master’s degree is more valuable in today’s job market than bachelor’s. Considering the topicality of my specialty, it will increase my chances of getting a good job. There is a high demand for programmers and also more number of opportunities available for them, especially with master’s degree. There are many companies specializing in advertising, sales, tourism, and there are people who get their information from different sites of these firms. Their number is increasing and the demand for programmers is also increasing."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,018 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Hobbit888
jespah

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 04:43 pm
@Hobbit888,
What is this paragraph being written for? A resume? A college application? A job application? Give us a little context, and an idea of who your audience is, please.
Hobbit888

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 04:50 pm
@jespah,
I have to tell this text on the exam. It must be an oral composition, and i want to prepare thats why i wrote this text. To learn it for this exam...
0 Replies

Hobbit888

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 04:55 pm
@jespah,
I must tell in the exam something about specialty...
0 Replies

Hobbit888

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 04:58 pm
@jespah,
I know, it is a shame to know English on this level and pursuing a master's degree...
0 Replies

JTT
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:41 am
@Hobbit888,
"I have never done a bachelor’s thesis, but I [did] have done several course projects.

I like programming and therefore the most memorable course project for me was one in which I wrote the program. This course project was titled “Java technology for distributed computing”, and the subject was called “Parallel and Distributed computing”.

Using java, I wrote a program that was installed on multiple computers. Each of them executed a part of one task. The main computer received the results of calculations from the rest. It was a very interesting project, which took me a long time to do. In addition, it helped me to learn the basics of web programming [in] which is my main/major scientific interest.

I learned several programming languages. They are HTTP, PHP, java, c++ and others. I even have a web site where I tested my first project. I believe that finishing the master’s degree will give me a new level of understanding programming languages. So, acquiring a degree is the best way to improve my knowledge.

Also, a Master’s degree is more valuable in today’s job market than a bachelor’s. Considering the topicality of my specialty, it will increase my chances of getting a good job. There is a high demand for programmers and also more [number of] opportunities available [for] to them, especially with a master’s degree. There are many companies specializing in advertising, sales, tourism, and there are people who get their information from the different sites of these firms. Their numbers are increasing and the demand for programmers is also increasing."
Hobbit888

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 11:31 am
@JTT,
Thank you very much!
0 Replies