Favorite past time...

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 03:26 pm
what past time do you enjoy the most? please dont say something nondescript like "reading". i want to know WHAT you like to read.
that was just an example...

Questioner

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 03:41 pm
@hamilton,
Sadly it's video games for me. I've pissed away a good 1/3 of my life thus far trying to save the world from aliens or rescuing some overly-trusting princess from some turtle/alien/dragon/beastie.

I'm sure there must be a 12 step program out there for me. Probably something involving a Game cube.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 04:56 pm
@hamilton,
I love to ride my horses. If I can't ride at a certain time, I can groundwork them. If I can't do that, I love to just watch them in the pasture.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 05:26 pm
@Arella Mae,
Like most of my countrymen I enjoy putting cats in bins. Unfortunately the bin men are on strike, we had our first collection yesterday, after seven weeks of rubbish piling up on the streets. You could see everyone's faces light up when the bin men came. Everyone that is, except the cats.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Exactly what is putting cats in bins?
George

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:28 pm
My favorite pastime is correcting misspellings.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:29 pm
@hamilton,
Movies! Passionate about new movies at the cinema. Foreign and independent a plus. Well made documentaries hold a special place in me heart as well. Very Happy
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:29 pm
@izzythepush,
watercolors, fishing, geo mapping, gardening,chasing crabcakes ,collecting antique pottery, visiting Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, and getting out and messing about in boats.

I never , ever, will be found
playing pinochle, or bowling
playing golf
eating fried liver
chasing black bears

boarding a plane because I want to
drinking Budweiser
reading The Wall STreet Journal
arc welding
hang gliding
reading Harry Potter books
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
hey Czar, we found a pretty good Brit series called "The Bonekickers" Its sort of History Detectives, Indiana Jones, and Dan Brown books all rolled into one. Ans everybody talks funny
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:44 pm
Thatsw something ekse I will never do, follow dumass links to some Manga crap.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 08:00 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

what past time do you enjoy the most?

The correct wording is 'pastime'.

My favourite pastime is chess.

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 08:57 pm
Luge lessons and the manufacturing of meat helmets, for me.

I also dabble in photography.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:31 pm
I have quite a few pastimes, but my favorite is fishing.

I like fishing because no one is allowed to mess with you when you're fishing.
As long as you've got your license even the game warden can't mess with you, sure here's my license, see, now piss off, I'm fishing.
You don't have to answer your cell phone while fishing, too bad boss, I was fishing.
You can put a sign on the door, "gone fishing" and everyone knows better than to try bothering you, oh well try again tomorrow.
You can keep people from getting too close, hey man give me some space, can't you see I'm fishing here.
People respect you when you're fishing, don't bother him, he's fishing.
And last but not least, fishing isn't over til you say it is, sorry I'm not done fishing yet.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 10:05 pm
My favorites in order of how much I enjoy them and couldn't go a day without doing them:

1) Tied for first place: Walking in the countryside and taking pictures and listening to music- live or otherwise
2) Reading the newspaper or several newspapers daily
3) Cooking
4) Gardening and yard work
5) Doing word and number puzzles either alone or as a game with another person - scrabble or something - but not on line - in real life with a real person or two - I also love to play backgammon.
6) Writing - even if it's just letters.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 02:18 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Exactly what is putting cats in bins?

I'm sorry, I didn't think it was that complicated a sentence. I'll let youtube explain. Apparantly it may well be an exhibition sport at the 2012 London Olympics.

wayne

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 04:28 am
@izzythepush,
That's frickin hilarious, that woman is demented for sure.
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 04:32 am
@wayne,
I think that the woman should be praised for worrying about the cats welfare. Shehas put the cat in the receptacle and the cat will be picked up and cared for by whoever has the responsibility of "bin maintenance"

I have similar problems trying to put frogs in a wheelbarrow, I should maybe change my receptacle to one more appropriate to the task at hand
Old Goat

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 04:33 am
My favourite pastime is, when answering a telesales call, telling them that I'm very interested and then asking them to hold while I go and get my credit card.
I then quietly sit and time how long it is before they hang up.

I was going to say putting cats in bins but someone beat me to it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 04:36 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

hey Czar, we found a pretty good Brit series called "The Bonekickers" Its sort of History Detectives, Indiana Jones, and Dan Brown books all rolled into one. Ans everybody talks funny

Ooooh! I'll look into this one. Thanks FM. Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 04:40 am
@farmerman,
Shouldn't the cat have been placed in the cardboard recycle bin? Rolling Eyes I believe cat's are mostly made of recyclable cardboard.
0 Replies