Favorite past time...

Old Goat

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 04:45 am
@tsarstepan,
Here is an amateur review of Bonekickers, narrated by someone who has an accent that is a cross between William Wallace and George Bush, so one would suspect that she is Canadian, or indeed an American person pretending to be British in order to gain a more intelligent persona.

Accent aside however, I tend to agree with her views.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-vwdsTNE0
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 04:49 am
@Old Goat,
Laughing
Old Goat

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 05:16 am
@tsarstepan,
Now, if you happen to be on the lookout for some excellent new drama, I would highly recommend "The Night Watch"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSrWBx80WpQ
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 05:20 am
@tsarstepan,
Brits are invested in a false belief that entertainment must have a pedigree . Its no better or worse than Indiana Jones and its all about the adventure. I think that Brits only get their doses of adventure from pub crawling and sneering at their own culture.

Remember, the "intelligencia " didnt like "The Black Robe" or "Dances with Wolves" or "Ishtar" (welll maybe on Ishtar they got it right)
SO I liked it and so did my wife. It was a good summer escape into an adventure series. The close meaning of the derisive term "Well its from BATH" is was meaningless to USers as is "well its from Pendleton County so you know what that means" Is to Brits.

PS, I dont think it was a fake accent, MArtha Stewart sounds like the reviewer
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 05:31 am
@farmerman,
We Brits just like good intelligent Drama. That is why all of our drama series are superior to yours. Unfortunately I never saw Bonekickers when it came out, because I was watching 24 on Sky 1.
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 05:40 am
@izzythepush,
Cant argue with that. Most AMericans like good drama also. I also am an adventure freak amd dispensing with science for a brief moment isnt too hard. Flexibility in the search for entertainment is no vice.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 05:51 am
@farmerman,
We all like a load of hokum now and again. I'm watching the sci-fi series Falling Skies at the moment. It is a load of old bollocks, but I can't stop watching it.
wayne

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 05:54 am
@izzythepush,
I've been watching that too, I have no idea why.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 06:49 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:
what past time do you enjoy the most? please dont say something nondescript like "reading".
i want to know WHAT you like to read.
that was just an example...
GUNNERY PRACTICE! I take out as much of my gun collection as I can carry.

David
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 06:56 am
Favorite past time...

February, 3rd, 1936 7:53 a.m.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 08:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I think that the woman should be praised for worrying about the cats welfare. Shehas put the cat in the receptacle and the cat will be picked up and cared for by whoever has the responsibility of "bin maintenance"

I have similar problems trying to put frogs in a wheelbarrow, I should maybe change my receptacle to one more appropriate to the task at hand

You're right. Cats love being in bins, given the opportunity they will climb in themselves.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 10:55 am
@izzythepush,
Had I been there, the woman would have been in the bin! I ran a homeless cat shelter for almost eight years. I still rescue animals. People that would hurt an innocent animal....................would hurt anyone as far as I am concerned.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:13 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Had I been there, the woman would have been in the bin! I ran a homeless cat shelter for almost eight years. I still rescue animals. People that would hurt an innocent animal....................would hurt anyone as far as I am concerned.

Don't worry about the cat he was fine, as for the woman she has not had an easy time of it ever since the video was posted on youtube.

Sean Lock puts it better
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:36 am
@izzythepush,
I am glad the cat is okay. Very Happy
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:38 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
That 's true; thay woud and thay DID.
There is a high incidence of that in the histories of serial killers.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

A woman put a cat in a bin. She has been punished for it. That does not mean she's a serial killer on the make. Don't be so silly.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:43 am
@izzythepush,

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
A woman put a cat in a bin. She has been punished for it. That does not mean she's a serial killer on the make. Don't be so silly.
Go visit her. Have her cook dinner for u.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You go and see her. I don't know where she lives. Just because I don't think someone is a serial killer, it doesn't mean I would want to spend any time with them.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 12:05 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You go and see her. I don't know where she lives. Just because I don't think someone is a serial killer,
it doesn't mean I would want to spend any time with them.[WHERE did the additional people come from? Who r thay? David]
I think its in England.
I don 't wanna go to England. ( I prefer to be in free countries. )
I might have a fight at the airport about my guns.

David
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 12:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I don 't wanna go to England. ( I prefer to be in free countries. )
I might have a fight at the airport about my guns.

David

You would be arrested and given a long jail sentence. Britain needs to protect the well-being of it's free citizens, from the brainwashed slaves of Fox News.

PS there was nothing wrong with my sentence, it's perfectly in keeping with the English vernacular. Don't know about your corrupted version though.