I'm going to visit Chai and Shewolf - who's jealous??!

Mame

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 10:54 pm
@shewolfnm,
LOL - and hey, I ain't no hick, I don't gotta get 'splained things to, like you know, tips and such. And I'm happy to do whatever, esp if it's sitting around gabbin'.

Okay - I've already basically organized my Turkey-Greece Trip for April 2012 - I think I can count on you two lovely ladies to figure out what I'd be happy to do in Austin (besides eat). I'm not into sightseeing, no sir, I'm not.

That show with Guy Fieri (Diners, Drive ins and Dives) - just sayin - I looked up the restaurants/cafes/trailers that he profiled - None of them were winners with the voters... so then I looked up Eat St. - a little better - NOT that I'm there to eat all that much, but we are going to get hungry so why not go somewhere renowned for something?

At any rate, girls, bring your bathing suits - my hotel has a pool Smile Actually, I think Shewolf should just check in as my room 'mate' Smile Yee haw. This is going to be so much fun - I really wish more of you could come down. I'll be taking pics, can't promise to post any, but I'll have 'em.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 05:35 pm
So, ladies... it's just a coupla weeks away Smile Yee haw.

I'm so excited Smile
chai2

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 05:54 pm
@Mame,
Shewolf & I had lunch on Friday.
We were talking about your visit and what we should do.

It was like "What do you think we should do?"

"I dunno, what do You think we should do?"

"I dunno, I don't do anything."

"Yeah, me neither."

We could do stuff like sit in the park and make fun of people, while they make fun of us. That's always good.

I hope you don't like to wander around "shopping". I hate that.
There's nothing worse than having to walk around at about half a mile an hour with someone who stops every 2 feet to say "oooo....look at that....oooo....that's CUTE!" Then they have to pick some goddamn object up and scrutinize it from every angle for about 5 minutes, then they put it back and pick up the thing next to it, repeat.

I dunno, whenever the wolf and I get together, it's pretty much non-stop gabbing and laughing.

On my own time, I do things like stalk people, like doing house drive bys, sell bras on ebay, make egg salad, check otis's anal glands for cloggage and see how far I can drive in traffic without braking. That's a real skill.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:05 pm
@chai2,
Well, I guess shopping is out Smile

I'm not into shopping, actually, but what I told Shewolf was that I wanted to just sit around and eat at different restaurants and wander neighbourhoods or parts of downtown that are interesting (buskers, street nuts, etc). I have no agenda and I definitely do not want to do museums or 'sight-see'... I will go anywhere and do just about anything but hanging out just talking and laughing is fine with me. I'm there for you two, not Austin. I just want to enjoy you guys and if that means I have to suck it up and rolf once or twice, sobeit (groan, sigh, groan). I could even bring a couple of bras down to see if we could sell them on ebay.

On a related note, I went to an auction and spent $1000 on a bunch of stuff. I came home, and listed half of it on Kijiji. Within 5 days, I made my money back : ) I think I've found a new career for myself!

I have a friend that I've known for 41 years... she and I used to get our five kids and pile into my 62 Pontiac Stratochief. She would always have to stop at a drug store for something and I always dreaded it because I'd be in the car with these five kids under the age of 8 and she'd spend an hour in there wandering around. I always had to go in a literally drag her out... eh, she was just 'window shopping'. I finally learned not to let her out of the car on those trips. Eventually we stopped being friends, but that's another story - one that involved Jesus Christ and her trying to save my soul.
chai2

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:20 pm
@Mame,
Seems to me that a lot of people into Jesus like to shop and do crafts and stuff.

I definately think there was a correlation with your (ex)friend

They're always buying stuff that says stuff about Jesus on it.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:22 pm
@chai2,
you girls could go shop for one of those fishes that people put on their car trunk.

I think they mean that you are talking on your cell phone, and your co-pilot is watching out for hazards...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:32 pm
@Mame,
I just know I'd love Austin.
No way I'm going to look up the restaurants and tell you what's in the primo scripts, especially when I know nothing and astute a2kers live there - not that anyone asked, but it was a passing whim. What matters is reasonably good food and a place you can talk. Mame, of course, is a fabulous cook, but she is open to a lot of cooking.

Except anchovies.

Gawd, I love Mame.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Awww, thanks Oss - remember when Thomas ate your meal when you went to the Ladies? heh heh heh, that was really funny!

Edit - Oh yeah I looked up Diners, Drive ins and Dives and most of the places he went to have since been panned, but there is one place that is a trailer - I wonder if I can find that one again - I know I wrote it down somewhere...hmmm...
chai2

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 07:00 pm
@Mame,
Oh man, on Oct 22 at the park they're going to have a Gypsy Picnic Trailer Food Festival.

I'm looking at the announcement in a community paper, and I can't list them all, but here are some of the more interesting names of trailers that will be there...

86 This!
Be More Pacific
Boss Hogs Kitchen
JuJu's Kaboose
HOLY CACAO
Kate's Southern Comfort
Municipal Taste
Short Bus Subs
Snarkys Moo Bawk Oink
etc.

oh!
I just saw this. Here's a link. There's a good video on it.

http://www.gypsypicnic.com/
wandeljw

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 08:15 pm
@chai2,
I clicked on the link. That looks really cool. Something for everyone. You can't go wrong with that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 08:22 pm
@Mame,
Yes, I do.
Smiles..
He then gave me his (retrieved by him somehow from the restaurant, later.)
Beware when going to the bathroom if a2k people are near.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 09:44 pm
@Mame,
Get Shewolf to take you to one of those music hangouts where she takes her awesome photos.
chai2

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 09:48 pm
@Butrflynet,
uh, that was one of the ideas we nixed.

boooooring.

No offense to you butrfly, but if you live here, you get a bit overloaded with the music stuff.
Everyone assumes we all go to concerts all the time. nope.
roger

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 10:08 pm
@chai2,
I just happened to be in Great Falls, Montana with a friend, and we went to a concert in the park. It was great.

I have no idea what happens to Great Falls in the winter. I'm imagining the falls to turn into a couple of gigantic ice sicles.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 06:11 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

"Yeah, me neither."

yeeeup.

Then I said " i dont know what to do with her...she dont wanna shop and stuff. " Laughing

I say we drive to fredricksburg
Mame

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 06:31 am
Damn - I'll be home by then. I'm goin to see if I can find out which trailer I was talking about.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 06:57 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

chai2 wrote:

"Yeah, me neither."

yeeeup.

Then I said " i dont know what to do with her...she dont wanna shop and stuff. " Laughing

I say we drive to fredricksburg

That would be cool.

There's a great German restaurant out there we went to about a year ago.

Although, everything else there is geared to shopping, it would be fun driving out there through the country. The houses are really nice too, driving around neighborhoods.

Funny, we were with my step daughter, her cousin and cousins husband.
We were passing this beautiful old building that had a courtyard, block windows, wisteria, etc. It was a restaurant now with shops adjacent.
The husband said "That was the hospital I was born in. Right up there (pointing) were the 2 rooms that was the maternity section."
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 07:15 am
yeah...it is kind of the shoppers haven I hear...maybe not a good idea. BUT, the buildings I hear are beautiful and isnt that where the easter island heads are?
roger

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 02:22 pm
@shewolfnm,
Ya'll are beginning to remind me of my first wife, back when we were courting. She asked me to slow down so she could show me where somebody lived. So, I slowed down, and sure enough, she pointed to a house and said "Somebody lives there."

Mame, I really hope your visit works out better than my first marriage. If it doesn't, try to remember that first wife and I are still friends.
Mame

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 05:08 am
@roger,
One week today and I'll be in Austin, hopefully not rooming with those crazy ants. Ladies, anything I can bring you from Canada? I hear you don't have Smarties down there - want some?
0 Replies