I'm going to visit Chai and Shewolf - who's jealous??!

chai2

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 08:02 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

If I was going to brave the heat of Sept I'd probably try to be there during ACL fest on the 18th (only day that tickets are still available)

p://www.aclfestival.com/

On the other hand, if I wanted to be there at a time when hotels would be reasonably priced I'd skip that weekend altogether.

shee-it.

If mame is gonna go to ACLF, she can have a good time by herself. The closest I get to that is when I curse them on the weekday they close off my usual route through the park to get to work. Or looking at all the 20 somethings wearing their trendy clothes and and carrying bottles of enhanced water slogging to the events in 104 degree heat, from the comfort of my air conditioned car.

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 08:04 am
@chai2,
oh yeah. I could not agree more.
I shot that once. ONE year I went... but it was not to everything and about 2 days into it, I was heading home like a crazy person on the road, mumbling and barking at all the people there because it is f-n crazy.

oh no.

You wont find me any where near there... no way.. no how.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 02:32 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

If they don't call me, I'll just make up a visit about you and wifey. I'll post whatever pics strike my fancy and fabricate a story. You'll be sorry, then, Reyn. You wait and see. Heck, I might even do it anyway. Keep your eyeballs peeled!

http://thestar.com.my/archives/2010/7/3/lifeliving/f_4yves.jpg
Jiggers!! It's Mame and her hubby coming to the door!

http://www.richardtimothy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/14-jw.jpg
Isn't it a lovely day to visit Reyn?
Mame

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 05:52 pm
Goof!

Not interested in crowds, thank you very much! There's a folk festival here this weekend and I'm not going, and Alex tells me there's a blues fest in August but I doubt I'll be doing that, either. I went one afternoon-night to the Stampede, and that was enough.
Fido

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 09:09 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Mame wrote:

If they don't call me, I'll just make up a visit about you and wifey. I'll post whatever pics strike my fancy and fabricate a story. You'll be sorry, then, Reyn. You wait and see. Heck, I might even do it anyway. Keep your eyeballs peeled!

http://thestar.com.my/archives/2010/7/3/lifeliving/f_4yves.jpg
Jiggers!! It's Mame and her hubby coming to the door!

http://www.richardtimothy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/14-jw.jpg
Isn't it a lovely day to visit Reyn?
There is a sort of visual joke that goes with the picture of the lady: Why do Jehovaha Witness women have such small breast??? It is because (said with a pushing motion with both hands, breast high) everyone says: Get off my effin porch!!!

Everyone is welcome here; but I get the joke!!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 10:05 pm
@Mame,
lets chat later in the week.

I will be going to san antonio probably wed evening. I will be there until sunday. Those are my off days, so call me when you have time Smile
roger

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 10:30 pm
@shewolfnm,
What time are the bats?
chai2

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 01:44 pm
@roger,
they leave for Mexico in early Fall when it starts getting cooler.
roger

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 02:48 pm
@chai2,
If they go to Carlsbad, that would be much more convenient for me.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought they said NEW Mexico, then realized that didn't make much sense.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 02:54 pm
@roger,
they are in full swing right now.... but I think chai is right, it will be over soon. About.. late sept I think?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 03:17 pm
Very strange. Roger has an opportunity to see Mame, Chai and Shewolf in swimsuits........and he's more interested in watching bats???
chai2

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 04:34 pm
@wandeljw,
Believe me, I'm more interested in watching bats too, than looking at myself in a swim suit.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 04:44 pm
who wants to see me in a swimsuit? Seriously, I can use these things like lassos. I would think THAT would be more interesting to see Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 04:46 pm
@wandeljw,
Did Chai ever tell you what goes on in the pools down there?
chai2

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 06:36 pm
@roger,
I knew the this particular pool was open all year round, but I just found out that in the winter they heat it to 80 degrees!

I started going to the pool instead of yoga, thinking for the summer, since when getting home after work, cold water sounds really good.

But, if the waters that warm, I might just extend the swimming time long enough to save some money.

Plus, they'll be a lot fewer people there then.
wandeljw

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 06:37 pm
@roger,
Don't let that discourage you, Roger. Chai was actually making a long elaborate joke.
roger

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 06:40 pm
@wandeljw,
Of course. I knew that.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 07:53 pm
@chai2,
When is winter? Hopefully not when i'm coming - I'm in the Cdn north - 65 is warm to me.
shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 07:59 pm
@Mame,
winter starts in jan here.

last year, for christmas, i wore shorts. We had a cold week around there when we actually had a freeze! then.. poof.. it was over Smile
Mame

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 08:13 pm
@shewolfnm,
when is winter over, hon?