Not a good press day for Bachmann

raprap

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 07:34 pm
http://www.alan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/michele-bachmann-cuhrazy.jpg

Two new items for Michelle Bachmann appeared today in the press--it seems in her Tax Attorney life before becoming a congressperson hey employer was the IRS where her main function was to prosecute tax scofflaws---A closer look at Bachmann's professional past.

Moreover, the Tax Scofflaws she gleefully prosecuted weren't the usual. They weren't corporations, or wealthy investors hiding ill gotten profits, they were in many cases the indigent--making me also wonder about the cost-benefit analysis functionality performance of the IRS.

Then this little item appeared. Happiness in Slavery

It seems that Congressperson and wanna-be-president Bachmann is not only ignorant about the US Constitution and the Founding Fathers and the 3/5th compromise she seems to be pretty ignorant about the practice of slavery too--

That, or Congressperson Bachmann in her evangelistic zeal to protect marriage and condemn homosexuality signs documents without reading them---neither attribute I would want in a president, or a congressperson, or even an attorney. Even a tax attorney for the IRS.

Rap

boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 08:22 pm
@raprap,
I can hardly believe that "pledge" they're asking people to sign. If that isn't the most ridiculous thing ever I don't know what it.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 07:04 am
@raprap,
Quote:
Then this little item appeared. Happiness in Slavery

As Forbes’ Osha Gray Davidson notes, it appears that Bachmann has “reduced the horrors of historical slavery to a talking point on her presidential quest.” Apparently, the slavery analogies are a frequent stop on her political path:

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Fido

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 07:39 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

It seems that liberal democrats are not only ignorant about the US Constitution and the Founding Fathers and the 3/5th compromise they also seem to be pretty ignorant about the practice of slavery too--
I know this much: The life expectancy of a black man in the gulf states was under ten years, and that is the meaning of sold down the river... It was the price of replacing that human life that set the price of cotton, and slaves were depreciated then as machinery is now... When you hear the song, Oh Suzanna, and all the backwards talk, like: the sun so hot I froze to death; you are hearing of two major causes of death: Heat stroke, and maleria... He isn't telling Suzanna not to cry, but not to mourn a dead man, because he is going to his death and he knows it...
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:05 am
@H2O MAN,
So then Bachmann is a liberal in your opinion? That would be the conclusion based upon your premise, because she has demonstrated an obvious ignorance of the US Constitution.

BTW waterdude that criteria also makes you a liberal. Why? Because of your cockamamie documented and erroneous opinion that Amendments passed under the requirements to the living Constitution (Article 5) are not an official part of that document.

Ref http://able2know.org/topic/163583-9#post-4468252

@Fido,

I believe the word you are looking for is 'Amendment'.

The word 'slavery' is NOT in The United States Constitution.
The word 'slavery' is in an amendment to The United States Constitution.

It breaks down like this:

The United States Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787.
The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution was adopted on December 6, 1865.

The Thirteenth Amendment officially abolished and continues to prohibit 'slavery' and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime.

Consequently, by your own criteria, your own ignorance of the US Constitution must make you a liberal.

Rap
raprap

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:30 am
@H2O MAN,
Woo Hoo--The waterdude stupid ploy is played again and again and again and again--Waterdude you certainly are none too imaginative.

Rap
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:50 am
At least Bachmann serves to provide comic relief.
Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:54 am
Maybe she's trying to make sure black people won't vote for her.
raprap

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 09:01 am
@Setanta,
In a comic stand-off between Palin and Bachmann my moneys on Palin--but that may be because Palin has Bristol in the bullpen .

Rap
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 05:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
Wow! Waterdude that's the most logic I've ever seen in any of your posts.

Keep up the good work ! You may make it through 7th grade yet.

Rap
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:49 am
@raprap,
The Daily Show had mentioned the pledge. That Bachmann and Santorum signed the document WITH the proslavery clause in it.

Even if you give her the benefit of the doubt and that she signed the pledge as something she didn't read before getting on the bandwagon, doesn't mean she's surrounded by the worst campaign management in recent history? Shouldn't some underling have brought this to her attention? Perhaps slapped her across the nose with the pledge? Like a mean spirited dog owner who tries to teach his dog a lesson by rubbing the pups nose in its poo after an accident inside the house? Rolling Eyes

Both Bachmann and Santorum are great for comic relief. I hope they go far in the Republican primary.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:10 am

Debbie Wasserman Schultz sure makes Bachmann look brilliant
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:10 am
Should Bachmann's Poll Numbers Be Believed?

Quote:
Remember way back in 2009 when Michele Bachmann was just a zany backbencher in the House of Representatives, destined to be one day barely remembered for her outlandish statements, the second coming of Helen Chenoweth? Well, if recent polling data has much predictive value, then those days are over, and she is now officially Mitt Romney’s main contender for the Republican presidential nomination. Since Bachmann’s strong performance in last month’s Republican presidential debate and her concurrent campaign announcement, she has been making a strong showing in multiple surveys.

0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 09:59 am
More Michelle news-gleaned from Drudge

Stress-related condition ‘incapacitates’ Bachmann; heavy pill use alleged

Quote:
In late July 2010, Rep. Michele Bachmann’s then-communications director, Dave Dziok, told his boss that he planned to take a new job with the public relations firm Edelman.

Dziok had worked for Bachmann for two and a half years, a relatively long period by the standards of her office, and was leaving on good terms.

Staff turnover can frustrate any employer, but Bachmann responded more dramatically. Dziok’s departure triggered a debilitating medical episode that landed the congresswoman in urgent care.

The sweetheart of the Tea Party Rodeo's slip is showing, and if Drudge is pointing it out--her detractors include members of the GOP willing to break their own 1st Rule--Don't speak of the 'fight club', err, GOP.

Rap
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 10:01 am
@raprap,
This doesn't surprise me at all - she lets the Crazy Eyes out every now and hten.

Cycloptichorn