Do Ouija boards really work?

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 09:37 pm
Ok so I'm going to a party/sleepover next weekend over at a friends house. She just got a Ouija board and she says she wants to try it out when me and my sister come over for the party. I'm a little freaked out. Do you know if those things really work? Can you really talk to dead people with it?

View best answer, chosen by GracieGirl
laughoutlood

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 09:41 pm
@GracieGirl,
Only if you're simultaneously French and German, in which case the answer is oui and ja.
0 Replies

roger
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 09:57 pm
@GracieGirl,
I don't believe they work at all, though they are often unintentionaly manipulated by the participants. On the off chance you really end up communicating with the dead, are you really sure you want to invite whatever random spirit you raise into your life. You might not be able to hang up whenever you want.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:25 am
@roger,
I used to work with people who believed in the evil power of these things. The boss in particular was terrified of them. When one somehow got in the office, she was a raving lunatic until it got destroyed. Another time, when I was much younger, my brother Sam and I came into possession of one. We neither of us believed in this crap and so the Ouija refused to move for us. Finally, we ended up in a contest to see which of us could push the control to the desired answers. The affair ended with the board and control destroyed.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 May, 2024 02:54 pm
0 Replies