Arella Mae

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 03:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUG FROM JJ!))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:20 pm
I was really praying there would be no more trouble with this neighbor but I am afraid it's not going to end too soon. Yesterday, Johnny got his motorcycle out to go to work. He had the bike outside of the gate and was locking the gate and our "neighbor" was standing halfway up the incline between his house and our property. He was standing there doing bodybuilding poses. Johnny said he just stared at the guy until the guy stopped and walked back into his yard.

Johnny put on his helmet, got on his bike, and headed off toward work. When he got in front of the neighbor's yard the guy physically ran out in front of Johnny waving his arms around. Johnny swerved around him, off the shoulder and down in the ditch so he wouldn't hit him. Fortunately, it's not a very deep ditch. He didn't wreck his bike and didn't hit the guy and Johnny didn't get hurt either.

I talked to this lady at work who knows this guy's mother who lives in the house next to the neighbor. She said he is probably off of his medication again. I told Johnny if he's supposed to be on medication and he tried to run Johnny off the road he needs to call the sheriff because he is a danger to himself and others and they will put him in the hospital. Johnny told me not to call the police. He said, "he gets one get out of jail free card and this is it." He keeps telling me he is going to handle this and everything is going to be okay and I trust my husband but if this guy is mentally ill and in a psychotic state no one can predict what he is going to do.

I'm upset he won't let me call the police about it.
sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:45 pm
@Arella Mae,
What's his reasoning for not calling the police?

This does sound like a guy off his medication. I've dealt with one of those before, it was not fun.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:49 pm
@sozobe,
He did say maybe the guy did it so he could say Johnny tried to run him down but the police never showed up so I doubt it. Johnny just keeps telling me he's going to handle this. He promises me he won't do anything that will get him into trouble. I am sure they'd put him in the hospital and get him on his meds if Johnny called and told them what happened. I have to remember my husband does have that narcisisst personality but I am hoping that is not playing into this.
Roberta

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 04:23 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae, This is making me a nervous wreck. Worrying from the north.

You're dealing with a crazy person! No reasoning. No lessons to be learned.

Please keep checking in.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 04:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
I'm uncomfortable with your not telling the police.
But.. it's not my business, it just worries me.
roger

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 05:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Me too, but not my business either. Just thinking if things continue, it might be well to have documentation of the history.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 07:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
We cannot begin to imagine
what this guy is aurally and visually hallucinating.

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 07:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Answering myself, it calls to bear a lot of things, like going with what your spouse says, and feeling protected by him, loving him, while also knowing him very well, with the not good parts of that.. Way more into none of my business.

Listen up, pay attention at home and otherwise.
I don't mean to scare you. I just want you to be tuned.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 07:35 pm
I agree with all of you. I want to tell the police. I would feel much better if they at least knew what was going on. It's quiet today. All animals that are still here are fine. Johnny is out mowing the lawn up there and it is starting to get dark so he'll be in soon. I am going to talk to him again. Even if he doesn't have the police do anything they need to know. Miss Debbie from work was going to go talk to the mother and see if she can convince him to go to the hospital or at least stay away from here. Johnny thinks that since he wasn't scared of the guy and didn't back down that he is probably thinking it's a bad idea to mess with Johnny. But if he's psychotic because he's off his meds no telling what he's thinking. I am pretty okay though. I'm less scared since most of the animals are out of harm's way. Mac and JJ are going to Dave's this weekend. Dave is the only one that could even think of getting JJ into at trailer. Just a couple more days and they'll be over there.

I will keep checking in. Please those that pray, pray and those that don't send good thoughts and talk to me if you will to help keep me calm. You don't know how much just talking to all of you about this helps me.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 08:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Continuing care..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 08:09 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae, I'm sending you and Johnny the strongest positive thoughts I can.

I hope the sick fella's family can convince him to be helped.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 08:11 pm
@ehBeth,
good point
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 08:38 pm
I will be calling the sheriff in the morning. I explained to Johnny that even if he doesn't want them to do anything they need to know what is happening. It needs to be reported and documented. I feel much better about that. No sign of the neighbor while Johnny was mowing the lawn and everyone is tucked away safely for the night.

If you all would please pray and send good thoughts that this man will get help. I don't want to see anyone hurt. He's a sick man and he needs help.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 08:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
'k, and good.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 02:10 am

Because the bad guy 's mind is sick (and violent)
in ways that we cannot begin to suspect nor predict,
I suggest that u close the curtains on all of your windows
and when outdoors (e.g., mowing the lawn)
that u and Johnny both be as carefully AWARE
of your surroundings from 36O degrees of arc.

David
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 05:39 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I will be calling the sheriff in the morning. I explained to Johnny that even if he doesn't want them to do anything they need to know what is happening. It needs to be reported and documented.

Yes, exactly. Glad Johnny came around (or that you made the decision without waiting for his approval). I think that's the way to go.

Sure hope Miss Debbie is able to make headway from the family/ medication side of things. Very glad you have that connection, that may prove to be even more important than the police.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:47 am
@sozobe,
I think you know me pretty well soz. Yes, I had pretty much decided to call the sheriff today even if Johnny didn't want me to. But I don't like to go behind his back and that's why I decided to talk to him. Thank God he changed his mind and said it was okay to call.

I just got off the phone with Officer Driscoll who is handling this investigation. I told him what happened and he took a report. Miss Debbie (the lady at work) tracked me down first thing this morning and told me she had spoken to our neighbor's mother. The poor woman had no idea her son had done any of this. She told Miss Debbie she was going to take him to the doctor today and tell the doctor what happened and was sure the doctor would put him in the hospital.

I told Officer Driscoll about him being off his meds too and that I would keep them apprised if anything else happened. He was so nice. He said if you have any problems at all you call and we will be right there. So, by the end of the day this might all be a thing of the past.

If he gets back on his medicine than everyone wins. Since I found out he's supposed to be on psychotropic medications I can't be angry with him for this. He's a sick man that needs help. The worst thing about mental illness is people that truly are (as in his case) don't believe it and go through life of a yo yo of on meds and not. That has to be torture for the families.
msolga

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:57 am
@Arella Mae,
That's sounding much more positive, Arella.
Good luck!
I hope the problem is resolved & that you can breath easily again.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 09:39 am

Security requires realism.
This lethally violent psychotic
can go on and off his medications any number of times.

I wish that I had good advice for u, Arella.
I can only agree with what your husband has counselled
and practice, practice, practice.

Jesus said that if u don 't have a sword, u better buy one. Luke 22:36

David