Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:04 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

WTF is wrong with people?

Probably one of those Obama Zombies
izzythepush

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:08 am
@H2O MAN,
Why don't you stick to the point? The rest of us are trying to help. There's other threads where you can post your crackpot theories. I will not respond to any more of your posts on this thread, because this should not be some stupid form of point scoring.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:14 am
@Arella Mae,
Call the FBI about the federal gun violation.
Possibly, it might get him re-arrested n confined for a while.

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:19 am
I just got off the phone with my husband. He is going to the courthouse to file for the restraining order this afternoon. I got so upset and started crying that I was so afraid that my horses and/or JJ were going to be shot. Johnny is going to talk to Todd tonight about letting us keep them over there until this all ends. Johnny said he'd go feed them twice a day and pay all expensives even for Todd's horses. I told Johnny Big Mac and JJ could go to Dave's. I will have to find someone that can keep some of the dogs and my cats so they will be safe. My husband is an amazing man. He can irritate the dickens out of me and then be my knight in white shining armor.

I appreciate every one of you so much. No one at work knows what is going on. I'm trying to hold it together and this is helping.

It's the insanity of the situation I am having the trouble dealing with.
Fido

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:26 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

My husband came home tonight and the minute he walked into the door I knew something was dreadfully wrong. I asked him "What's wrong! What happened?" He said, "I hate to have to tell you this but our neighbor just shot Freckles." Freckles was a pup about eight months old that I rescued. Johnny was in the RV opening up the windows to air it out. Our neighbor walked up to the fence and was provoking Freckles, who was on the inside of the fence in our yard. Johnny said the guy walked back and forth a time or two and then Freckles came out of the yard and the guy fired twice and killed him. I called the Sheriff. They arrested him. He is a paroled felon. The police did not find the gun. The officer said Johnny was their probable cause to arrest this guy. They just left after coming to tell us he was arrested. The officer asked Johnny to describe him to be sure they had the right man.

I have never talked to this man. He lives a quarter a mile away. I don't know why he would walk up to our property and kill my dog. Johnny thinks he probably killed Tippy too. He disappeared a couple of weeks ago. I am a bit afraid. I am worried this guy will retaliate. I thank God my husband was not outside at the time.

I don't understand why people hurt innocent creatures. I don't get it at all.

If I were trying to take a place, I would take the redoubts, and dogs are redoubts... Get a gun and keep it close... Expect the un-expected... Stay ready...
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:35 am
@izzythepush,
We know the point is that a felon murdered her puppy, but when Cyclotroll asked what kind of person would do this he opened the door for a response.

Izz, don't let your overinflated sense of self worth fool you into a false sense of security.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:35 am
@Arella Mae,
Not just a gun, a shotgun. A 12ga loaded with #5 shot has more knockdown power than any handgun at close range, like inside a house. A shotgun has the added advantage that it isn't difficult to aim (point) and it loses power quickly (it won't be a hazard to neighbors).

I also hope you've entered the numbers of the local police departments and EMTs on your telephone speed dial.

Rap
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:39 am
@Fido,
I am working on finding somewhere for my dogs and cats to go until this is over. Johnny thinks he will definitely try to kill my dogs. I am scared but I am also getting extremely angry. In a span of what? the fifteen seconds it took to kill my dog my life has to be rearranged so that no one else is hurt? It is pure insanity.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 12:29 pm
@Arella Mae,
I'm interested in what he did with the gun, and whether that was searched for, or could be. And, sorry to mention this, but whether the bullet was kept.

Yuck.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 12:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Johnny said they needed to look in the guy's mailbox. How he would know that I have no clue. They did a cursory search for the gun I guess when they arrested him. The officer that came and said he was arrested said they couldn't find a gun.

It's okay to mention it osso. Johnny knows right where those two bullets are and they can be retrieved. I'd hate to disturb Freckles' resting spot but I'm sure he'd understand.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:00 pm
@Arella Mae,
Lemme get this straight:
police searched again and found the murder weapon in his mailbox ?

David
High Seas

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:06 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

......... Johnny knows right where those two bullets are and they can be retrieved. I'd hate to disturb Freckles' resting spot but I'm sure he'd understand......

Deepest condolences for your doggie (both doggies, unfortunately) is the first thing to be said to you. The second is that all along following your tragic thread I wondered when the sheriff would get around to disinterring the late lamented Freckles and examining the bullets - ballistic analysis is way to go Smile
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Lemme get this straight:
police searched again and found the murder weapon in his mailbox ?

David
When the officer came to tell Johnny and I that the man had been arrested he also told us they did not find a gun. I assumed they looked. Johnny told me later that the police should probably look in the mailbox because that's probably where it was. Johnny said (don't ask me how the heck he'd know because I have no clue) that it's what drug dealers do or something like that. I am sure if this had been a "person" that was shot imore would have been done to find the gun. If they do find the gun, we know where the bullets are.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:16 pm
@High Seas,
Thank you for your kinds words. They are appreciated.

He hasn't. I was shocked they let us go ahead and bury Freckles right away. I know he's not a person but it's still a crime and those bullets are evidence. But, they are safe where they are and can be retrieved. I think maybe I watch too many CSI shows because I'm wondering why they didn't do a GSR test to see if he had fired a gun? That would prove he had one in his hands! If he had shot a person they would have done that test.
roger

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:16 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

My concern actually was that Arella isn't ready to use the gun, but carries it anyway.

Absolutely! There are way to many people thinking a gun is some kind of magic wand that you can wave around and everybody will act nice, and go home. Plain truth is that there are people out there that will see that gun and put you in the position of either using it, or eating it.
High Seas

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:22 pm
@Arella Mae,
As long as your sheriff is keeping the criminal neighbor in the county jail you must be patient - he's obviously doing the best he can with such means as he has locally available. It's not fair to expect him to pay local taxpayers' monies to any private analysis labs, and bringing in the FBI at this point seems unlikely.

Again - all my best wishes, to you and family and of course to all your animals as well. Love and prayers are with you; have patience with the justice system Smile
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:24 pm
@High Seas,
Unfortunately, he's not in jail. He is out on bail. If he were in jail I don't think I'd be quite so afraid. That's why we are moving the animals to somewhere safe. We aren't taking any chances.
High Seas

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:26 pm
@roger,
Not so - Arella has already clearly stated that, if faced with imminent threat to life and limb for herself or anyone entrusted in her care she wouldn't hesitate to shoot. Defense of self and dependents is a fundamental instinct of any living creature - protected since ancient times by any and all laws - you knew that!
High Seas

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
That's very bad news - moving animals an excellent idea. Does the man live alone, btw? Is there anyone in his house who can lean on him? How crazy is he?
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:35 pm
@High Seas,
He is around 30-35. I don't know if he lives alone. I have never done more than wave when I have seen him on the road. He lives in a trailer down near the tracks. He has pitbulls and Johnny says he is a drug dealer. I go the opposite direction when I am going to work so I rarely ever pass by there. For me, this has all come totally out of nowhere. He is crazy enough that the police called three other units for backup to arrest him. He is crazy enough that when the second car got there and this large black officer came out and they told him who they were going after he shook his head back and forth like oh no. He shot my dog! That's crazy enough.
0 Replies