Leftist attack on the US Constitution

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 01:52 pm
No, you're not getting it. In your post to which i responded, you wrote:

Quote:
. . . but I always understood "all other persons" to mean "anyone human who lives and breathes", i.e. including children, women, blacks . . .

All other persons only refers to blacks. Women and children who were not black were covered under the rubric "free Persons."

From Article One, Section Two, third paragraph as originally ratified:

. . . the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years . . .

Women and children who were not black were included under this rubric. The rubric "all other Persons" refers only to blacks.
High Seas

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 01:56 pm
@Setanta,
Ah! Light has descended. Thank you so much Smile
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:04 pm

All other persons refers to zombies and democrats.
High Seas

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:07 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Are you suggesting all zombies and democrats are also black? Did the Founding Fathers take that into consideration? I don't doubt Setanta's accuracy, btw.
Fido

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 04:36 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Fido wrote:

... Honor is the essential element of a happy life for a person as it is for the life of a nation... Justice is an essential element of honor, the williness to give as we get fairly to demand and deliver what all deserve and need... This is a land without honor or justice, and of consequence it knows little happiness and much pain, and that pain which has been chronic is growing and spreading and will kill us if we cannot deliver ourselves from the failed constitution and raise ourselves to a new form of mutual existence... I do not think we will all get there...

It seems that "honor" is used here as though the concept is a real, not a man made concept. It was "honor" that caused Southern gentleman to meet on the lawn of a courthouse at dawn and duel with pistols. It is honor that causes middle eastern families to kill a female relative. It is honor that causes fights.

We really have no honor, other than the honor we make up in our heads. I say this because the use of the phrase, "I was disrespected" is just clipped talk for "My honor was disrespected." And, to "regain" one's honor, one may think it is correct to start all sorts of mayhem, be it people or countries (i.e., Nazi Germany).

Anyway, honor is an artificial construct, just like race is an artificial construct. But, that's not saying there aren't many people that subscribe to your thinking, even on the right side of the bellcurve.
I agree that honor is a moral form, but if invented as a form it was to describe a certain condition that people everywhere have found they could not live without...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 05:20 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Are you suggesting all zombies and democrats are also black?

It appears that is what you are suggesting, but a persons skin color is not the issue here.
We are talking about democrats and their dream of destroying the US Constitution.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 05:33 am
Typical of your "contributions" here, you're offering a straw man. You've provided no evidence that Democrats (or anyone else, for that matter) want to destroy the constitution. It's just a partisan rant, a screed of unreasoning hatred.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 05:36 am
@Setanta,
Typical deflection by you to avoid the topic.
parados

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 05:45 am
@H2O MAN,
Pointing out your logical fallacy is hardly deflection squirt.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 05:46 am
You're hilarious--you "vote up" your own posts, you "vote down" mine, you make a snotty remark--and you still haven't provided any evidence that anyone is attempting to destroy the constitution. What a silly little boy.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 06:38 am
@Setanta,

Your ability to filter out and ignore facts is epic.

You are such a huge ignoranus.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 06:48 am
Got that evidence that anyone is attempting to destroy the constitution?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 06:56 am
@Setanta,
Did you read the article? Can you read?
Find someone that can read it to you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 06:58 am
Nothing in that article constitutes evidence that anyone is attempting to destroy the constitution, Hysterical accusations aren't evidence of anything. The only thing in the way of evidence in that article is that Bachmann is the ignoramus here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:00 am
Oh, excuse me. It's also evidence that Boortz is a liar and an ignoramus, too. Sorry i left that out before.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:03 am
@Setanta,

Set, your ignorance in inexcusable.
Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:04 am
It is not ignorance to point out that Boortz is making hateful and hysterical accusations up in that article. It is not ignorance to point out that Bachmann is absolutely wrong in her claims about the founding fathers and slavery. Ignorance is claiming that any of that drivel is true.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:11 am
@Setanta,
Set, there is no hope for you, you are stuck on stupid.
Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:13 am
Provide evidence that Boortz is correct in his hysterical accusations. Provide evidence that anyone is out to destroy the constitution. Otherwise, you are just as full of bullshit as Boortz.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:15 am
@Setanta,

Why don't you go on air with him and provide evidence that he's wrong.
Provide evidence that you are right.
0 Replies