what does "faith in lies is death" mean here?

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 01:35 am
"Blind faith is a powerful concept. When our faith is blind, we no longer follow the truth. That is what happened when we ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. We believed the lies, our faith was blinded, and we followed an illusion that was not true. God told us, "you may die." And our faith in lies is death because we lose our power of creation, which is our connection with life or God. We fall into the illusion that we are separate from life, and this leads to self-destruction and death." --- Don Miguel Ruiz The Voice of Knowledge P128

What does the sentence "And our faith in lies is death because we lose our power of creation, which is our connection with life or God" mean here? Does it mean that what God says is a lie and since God says so we become convinced in "death"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 843 • Replies: 4
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Justin Xu
McTag

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 12:02 pm
@Justin Xu,

No.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 12:16 pm
By death, the author means spiritual death, not physical death. If you have faith in what are in fact lies, you suffer spiritual death. I'm just giving you my take on the passage, not my opinion on the subjecct.
0 Replies

ddominique
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 12:24 pm
@Justin Xu,
Quote:
What does the sentence "And our faith in lies is death because we lose our power of creation, which is our connection with life or God" mean here? Does it mean that what God says is a lie and since God says so we become convinced in "death"?

I do not think that the quote means that. I think it means that if a person lies or believes in lies, that they lose connnections with life and truth and therefore lose connections with God. And this loss of connection will lead to death.

Instead of the quote saying that God is a lier and will convince you of death it means that if you believe in or tell lies that you are wasting the life that God gave you and are not truly "living" and so you are concidered "dead." By "dead" I mean spiritually at first, then it leads to physically.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 07:33 pm
@Justin Xu,
If you read the Bible properly it is the "lies" by the serpent not God. Don Miguel Ruiz assumes readers are familiar with the Bible.
0 Replies