Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2021 10:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You’re not British, you didn’t witness Icke’s complete meltdown.

Just before the 97 general election which Labour won, the Greens were riding high in the polls. Icke was a prominent member already having a profile as a BBC sports commentator.

Then he proclaimed he was Jesus Christ and the Greens were dead in the water.

It was later on that he appeared on Wogan and predicted that Cuba
was about to do an Atlantis.

I can only repeat that I don't subscribe to the man, just agreed with an isolated quote.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2021 10:06 am
There is real science and there is corporate-mandated science. The latter creates symptom relief drugs that the purveyor makes billions off of and then gets sued for harming the customers. That sort of thing by way of a small sample.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2021 06:37 am
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 06:00 am
“These cells of the inner self are darker than the deepest stone dungeon, and as long as they are locked, all your revolution remains but a prison mutiny, to be put down by corrupted fellow prisoners.”
― Peter Weiss, The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 07:33 am
@edgarblythe,
De Sade’s cell during the terror overlooked a pile of dead bodies.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 07:41 am
@izzythepush,
I once had a copy of Satan's Saint, a biography of the man. The cover had been specially treated to feel sticky to the touch.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 07:53 am
@edgarblythe,
I won a set of the beginner’s guide books. One of the books was on De Sade.

They’re very good if you want to wrap your head around something is a short period of time.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 08:08 am
@izzythepush,
Sade once wrote a letter concerning the execution of Damien. It used to be online but I can't find it now. When his words still were fresh in my mind I recounted it to a girl I was dating. A few minutes later she said that was the first time any conversation made her physically ill. She had taken a break for a quick upchuck.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 06:15 am
“I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn’t know.”
― Mark Twain
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 09:20 am
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 12:18 pm
Freely translated, "Accursed are those who with their word defend the people and with their deeds betray them."
Benito Juarez
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 06:59 am
“Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way.”
― Steve Martin
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2021 06:05 am
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
― George Carlin
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2021 06:28 am
“Is that a bulletproof vest? See, now that's so insulting. That's like saying I'm not smart enough to shoot you in the head."
Eddie DeChooch”
― Janet Evanovich, Seven Up
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 09:06 am
“Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.”
― Criss Jami
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 08:29 pm
“You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that! ” ––Dave Barry
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 06:42 am
“Out of my sight! Thou dost infect mine eyes.”
― William Shakespeare, Richard III
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 08:02 am
“You've got to have something to eat, and a little love in your life before you can hold still for any damn body's sermon on how to behave.”
― Billie Holiday
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 12:33 pm
“It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right.”
― Molière
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 06:39 am
“It is important to bear in mind that political campaigns are designed by the same people who sell toothpaste and cars.”
― Noam Chomsky
0 Replies